Sligo Park Hotel
Castle Dargan(Ballygawley)
  • Breakfast included
Temple House(Ballymote)
1,179 results
All reviewsleisure centretennis courtssuperior roombar foodrestaurant managerlovely hoteldvd playerfamily roombar staffenjoyable stayreception areaboth nightsrelaxing breaksteam roomwould highly recommend this hotelhot foodtown centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Highest praise for this hotel, especially the staff. Was really busy when I checked in ( good sign! ) and reception staff were friendly and welcoming, as opposed to stressed under pressure!
Great room, fab facilities, ( pool and sauna and jacuzzi ) great location, breakfast exceptional, but really the staff ( in every part of hotel ) have to be acknowledged and recognised for the whole experience. We chose this hotel as a base for climbing the local Knocknaree Hill, but we will now return simply to enjoy the luxury and warm welcome that is offered and enjoyed in abundance. Have to add that I would normally prefer a 'country house' type of place to stay, but Sligo Park offers the best of both worlds. Highly recommended to all. And Sligo town has so much to see and do.

Room Tip: Our room was on 2nd floor, overlooking garden and very quiet. Very spacious, double bed plus single bed, with table and 2 chairs.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Bernadette_Coffey, Director of Sales at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are really glad to read of your satisfaction with your stay at Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club. We are delighted that you had such a positive experience. Thank you for your recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Rooms are terrible, high pitch noise from tv which made it very annoying to watch. Shower would only stream cold water. NO FRIDGE IN ROOM, what a joke for a 4 star. Our room was on 3rd floor, in case they bother fixing the problems, but am sure most rooms are in a mess by all the reviews on here.

At breakfast we were asked did we want tea or coffee and we asked for tea, 10 minutes later, no tea, 20 minutes later still no tea, 25 minutes later finished breakfast, OH and still no tea.

2 tiny tiny shower gels, just about got a wash in the basin as shower didn't run hot water.

Will not be recommending this place to all friends when they visit.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JosephFoodCritic
Bernadette_Coffey, Director of Sales at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay at Sligo Park Hotel. I am concerned to read your comments, though I consider your feedback to be very valuable and certainly will act on each of the matters raised.

I want to apologise to you for your disappointment with your stay on this occasion and hope you will consider returning to Sligo Park in the future. I would be pleased to look after your reservation arrangements personally if this suits you. I would be glad to hear from you at any time regarding the matters raised in your review, a possible future stay or any other way in which I may be of assistance to you at any time,

Sales manager

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I booked the Sligo Park Hotel for the weekend. The staff were friendly and helpful. We had bed, breakfast and evening meals, The room was clean and comfortable, the service and the food in the restaurant was excellent. The only downside was the smell of cigarette smoke coming from the smoking rooms as we passed them on our way to our non smoking room at the end of the corridor.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club for your recent visit to Sligo. We are delighted to read of your satisfaction with staff and service. We have noted your comment about the corridor. We look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Where do I start here, firstly I would worry about the rest of the hotels of Sligo if this represents the best it has to offer. I always take direction from trip advisor and this is the first time it has sent me wrong. When we pulled in to the drive the first impression of the building was it was stuck In the 70's. climbing the entrance steps it was obvious the entrance had not seen a powerwasher or sweeping brush in some time. Then the overwhelming whaft of dirty oil in fryers coming from the bar. Check in was seamless, staff where nice enough. Then a visit to the public loos showed lack of attention to detail, corners and edges not cleaned properly or dusted right. The corridors and walls are worn and marked. There are three different carpets in reception, stairs and corridors all leading into one another. The rooms were surprising better which was its only saving grace however the power went three times during our stay. The food was the worst I have experienced in hotels for some time the breakfast was shocking for a four star property we had our dinner comped because the meat was inedible due to a mix up with the order, we have not complained In a hotel to have our dinner comped before. It is somewhere between 2 and 3 star and I could not see Any bord failte creditation which could explain a lot if they are claiming four star on their own. The bar area has no comfort whatsoever all chairs like a restaurant more then a bar the mirrors, shelves etc behind the bar haven't seen a cloth in years, and it was freezing the whole time. The atrium as they describe in their web site is more like a filthy sky light it is certainly not the feature they advertise. On Sunday morning we all had to wait in reception to be called like we were waiting on goods in argos, then to go into a half empty restaurant was frustrating. When the sun shone you could clearly see where someone had cleaned the windows as far as hand could reach it smacked of laziness. This was typical of the whole place on a cleanliness scale. At one stage we saw a chef In the bar area and my stomach turned his shoes were filthy and full of old dirt like they had not be cleaned in years, and his whites were far from white and not from splashes from cooking which would be understandable. The whole place gives the impression that there are staff stuck in ruts working there years and simply cannot see the problems because they have been just plodding along for years. To be fair all the staff were lovely but I imagine this place could do with a new manager coming in and going through the place with a fine tooth comb and addressing all the simplest things and small maintenance issues, I have to say its the first time I have ever stepped into a steam room In a leisure centre to be greeted by a tiled room with six plastic patio chairs you sit in whilst In there.....strange.....all in all disappointing and a leg down. Outside of the hotel we had a lovely time in Sligo. Pity.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NicolaGer

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay at Sligo Park Hotel. I want to apologise to you for your disappointment with your recent visit to Sligo Park. I read your review in detail and with concern. As you point out, the experience you describe is not reflected in other reviews. This does not take from the serious view I take of all of your comments, each of which is being addressed and actioned.

If you would like to contact me at any time, I would be very pleased to hear from you and I would be especially glad to look after your reservation arrangements personally should you decide to return to Sligo Park in the future,

Sales manager

Reviewed February 25, 2013

A pleasant stay in general the check in was pleasant and efficient. the hotel ambience was nice. The room was generally clean but not spotless grouting in the tiles around the bath could do with some attention, the servicing of the room on sat left something to be desired the cups and glasses were not cleaned nor was the bedside table wiped down, small thing but not what I would expect from four stars. The dining room felt cold when we were in there and the staff had problems catering for my lactose intolerance but got it right after three attempts they were however very pleasant. I also found the breakfast to be greasy and hard rubbery eggs. I would return on an offer but not at full price, small adjustments need to be made to stop it slipping back to three star for me.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing the Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club for your accommodation. We are glad to read of your satisfaction with hotel. We are very sorry if you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay, all your comments have been noted and each will be addressed. If you would like to have an opportunity to speak with me in person about these matters, then I would be very pleased to hear from you at any time which may be convenient for you. Please let me know if ever I can be of any assistance to you in any way.