“Very poor quality”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Sligo
cork
“Very poor quality”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I had stayed in this hotel a few months ago and had a bad experience in the restaurant ie. a burger which was inedible,which i still had to pay for,i was given a free desert!,however due to business commitments I decided to try this hotel once more.
Bad mistake on my part.
Receptionists are quite sullen and not very welcoming.
I did not eat in the restaurant this time due to the bad experience on my last visit.
I stayed 1 night but was woken up at 6.15am the following morning by a high pitched sound which seemed to be an alarm of some kind.
The shaving socket in the bathroom was broken so I did not get to shave that morning.
When I was checking out I informed the receptionist of this but it did not really seem to bother her!
The staff really need lessons on helpfulness and friendliness!
I certainly will not return to this hotel ever again,nor will any of my work colleagues

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank rubi60
Bernadette_Coffey, Director of Sales at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay at Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club. We are very concerned to read your review and we are very sorry that you were disappointed. We are taking these matters very seriously and each one is being addressed. If you would like to have an opportunity to speak with me in person about these matters, then I would be very pleased to hear from you at any time which may be convenient for you. Please let me know if ever I can be of any assistance to you in any way.

Bernadette Coffey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Great place to go for weekend away - close to city centre so we walked in/out. shops good. check out Donal McGlynns pub near garda station - great nites craic & ceol there! Staff very friendly and breakfasts just out of this world!!! we really had gr8 time there recently and will be back!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bernadette_Coffey, Director of Sales at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club for your accommodation on your recent trip to Sligo. We are delighted about your comments on the staff and breakfast. Thank you for your positive remarks. We look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Just a big thankyou to all the pleasant staff in the hotel. Rooms are clean and tidy. The hotel is warm and friendly. we have never stayed here before but is a most to try and stay here again. Just a big thank you

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Sligo Park Hotel for your recent visit to Sligo. It is good to note that you had a positive experience of the staff and the hotel. Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We hope you will return soon again

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed here for a wedding recently and i thought it was very reasonable..ok its not 5 star but for the money we paid i thought we got a great deal,room was very clean and spacious,food was nice also...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club for your recent trip to Sligo. We are really glad to read of your satisfaction with your stay and the food. We look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Castlebar, Ireland
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I work in a family run hotel, I understand what working with people is like and more importantly what working in mediocre hotels is like. I had a 1night stay in the Sligo Park for my graduation the past weekend and the service I received from the reception was helpful and above board. I had rang on ahead querying if i could check-in early to change before heading to the conferring ceremony. I was told this was not possible as it was still to early but I was offered a room to change in. Perfectly okay.
When i arrived the receptionist quickly recognised me by my query and attended to me accordingly. Maeve was so helpful and because I had been later arriving she was able to check me in early and keep that room for the duration, after the morning i had had this was a godsend.
When checking out, both Maeve and the other receptionist (regrettably i failed to get her name), were full of chat and made checking-out as enjoyable an experience as the stay itself. Customer focus like that deserves rewarding.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bernadette_Coffey, Director of Sales at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Sligo Park hotel and Leisure Club for your accommodation on your recent graduation. We are really glad to read of your satisfaction you find with staff. Thank you for sharing this with other Trip Advisor members. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Wexford IRl
Reviewed November 8, 2012

just back from a nights stay here.Check in was fine and reception girls friendly and helpful.My room was located on the second floor and sign on door stated "non smoking room" as requested.The corridors to the bedrooms were dated and tired,however,the room itself was very good and comfortable.The barman was very friendly and helpful with my request for a specific bottle of wine.Breakfast was excellent.Overall this hotel was well run and suited my stay on this occasion.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club for your recent trip to Sligo. We are really glad to read of your satisfaction with staff, the food and the hotel. We have noted your comment about the corridors. We look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Kind regards
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was a short 3 night break for my wife and I. On arrival at reception we were greeted by a very pleasant female member of staff who had our details processed quickly and efficiently. We were given essential information and also our questions about meals and the leisure facilities were answered. I had booked a doubled room however on entering it was a family room (double and a single) which was very clean and well maintained with a view of the rear garden area. The rooms appeared to be well insulated from noise of other guests. The leisure complex was easily accessed from the hotel and facilities were adequate. Pool was a good size and appeared well maintained with children not allowed in after 7pm. We had not booked meals however did have breakfast on 2 mornings and again were not dissappointed. Had a meal from the bar menu which was good however it did take some time to be served (the only complaint). I think in excuse it was a busy night. Pizza Hut/McDs and Kfc are a 2 mintute drive if you have hungry kids and you are on a budget. We read many reviews which caused us to take a chance on this hotel. None of them were true. All of the staff were very helpful and pleasant. I would recommend this to all ages with or without children.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor are the only ones I can comment on and they were as described above.