“A bit dated”
Review of Sligo Park Hotel

Sligo Park Hotel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Sligo
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Reminded me of something from the 60's. Some painting and carpet overhauls could do. Staff were friendly, rooms and leasure area were clean. Agree with other comments, not a 4 star.

Restaraunt was another story. Chef/cook must have been away or sleeping. I had salad with my dressing, and the dinner chicken tasted like it was boiled. Service was slow, next to non existent. Hostest was aslo waiting tables. Fine with us, as the meal and breakfasts were included, but definitely not worth the 30 euros they were expecting.

1  Thank gary m
Bernadette_Coffey, Director of Sales at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay at Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club. We note your positive comments about staff, room and leisure club. We are very sorry that you had a disappointing dining experience. We are taking these matters very seriously and each one is being addressed. If you would like to have an opportunity to speak with me in person about these matters, then I would be very pleased to hear from you at any time which may be convenient for you. Please let me know if ever I can be of any assistance to you in any way.

Bernadette Coffey

Write a ReviewReviews (1,137)

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Has a wonderful few days here in August at a wedding. Wonderful staff and fantastic food both at the wedding and in the relaxing bar as well. The staff are helpful and friendly and the overall vibe in this hotel is efficent relaxed luxury. A great place from which to explore the glorious county of Sligo.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chillaxer1979

Dear Guest,

We are really glad to read of your satisfaction with your stay at Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club. We are delighted that you had such a positive experience. Thank you for sharing this with other Trip Advisor members. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

stayed here on business in sept 2012. called to say i would be very late arriving (1am) no problem and staff were there to greet me on arrival.

hotel does look very dated, cleanliness doesnt seem to high on the priorities list, room was spacious, fairly clean and the bathroom the same.

the shower was the big dissapointment though! very little water pressure, i do stay in quite a few places but this was one of the poorest showers i have come across. a good shower, can make or break a place for me!

breakfast is self service buffet, the waiter/waitress should ask if you want tea/coffee but mine didnt, choice of hot or cold buffet, the rotary toaster was very slow, i had to put mine through 3 times to get any colour in it at all! on old lady i got talking to whilst waiting for the toast said it was her third night and she had to put hers though 3 times every morning, not ideal when people are queuing for toast. as with all buffet breakfasts the eggs are never the same as when cooked to order and scrambled eggs look like they have been watered down. puddings are like rubber as is the bacon. saussages are good here though.

when i got back to my table with my fry and toast i then had to get the attention of a staff member to see if i coulf get a pot of coffee, she didnt seem too impressed at being asked but to be fair she was very friendly otherwise.

was expensive for what it was and i wasnt overly impressed with cleanliness. as it was on business i wasnt too put out but i wouldnt be going back for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: was in room 314, was spacious, warm and relatively clean, maybe because its on the top floor but the...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Brendan S
Bernadette_Coffey, Director of Sales at Sligo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay at Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club. We are very concerned to read your review and we are very sorry that you had a disappointing stay on this occasion. We are taking these matters very seriously and each one is being addressed. If you would like to have an opportunity to speak with me in person about these matters, then I would be very pleased to hear from you at any time which may be convenient for you. Please let me know if ever I can be of any assistance to you in any way.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Just back from a weekend in Sligo, stayed in the Sligo Park hotel. This was advertised as a 4 Star hotel, my first question is does anyone ever re check these hotels??? The answer is no.It may have been four star in the past, but the room we stayed in really needs upgrading.Ok so we were put in one of the old rooms but there was no safe , no biscuits with the 1 coffee and no milk but we did have 3 tea, it was a very cold room and the bath in the bathroom was covered in rust.However it was very quite and the staff were very helpful and the leisure center was excellent, however this hotel, from my experience was poor quality.

3  Thank julcourt

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback following your recent stay at Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club. I am sorry you had such a disappointing experience with us on this occasion. If you care to phone me to discuss it in any more detail, I will be pleased to hear from you at any time. We gladly note your positive comments about the staff and the leisure club.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed here recently with my husband and I have to say its a lovely hotel if you are looking for a clean, quiet, relaxing hotel this is it. Staff were very friendly and helpful

We had dinner in the restaurant and it was well up to fine dining standards.

Location is in garden setting, a few minutes from the centre of Sligo but ideally placed for touring the local area.

The pool and leisure centre are grand but a bit small.

1  Thank Maria O

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Sligo Park Hotel for your recent visit to Sligo. It is good to note that you had a positive experience of the hotel and the staff. We are delighted you enjoyed your dining experience. Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We hope you will return soon again.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

The rooms in this hotel are very good, cleaning services were excellent. We were on a special deal 3 nights B&B and 3 dinners for 147 euros. The breakfasts were excellent, and the dinners good if you consider the price. The only problem was the hotel was very busy, and after dinner it was difficult to find a seat in the bar or the reception lounge. It is about a 20 minute walk from the town. The location suited our group as we had not far to go for our walks, which included Lough Gill and Hazelwood, a very enjoyable stay

Room Tip: Rooms away from the reception area are quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Sligo Park Hotel for your recent visit to Sligo. We are delighted that you enjoyed the food. We gladly note your positive comments about the hotel and cleaning services. I am sorry that you had difficulty finding a seat. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Myself and my husband stayed here for three nights after our wedding. This hotel is amazing. So clean and modern, extremely friendly staff :) The rooms are fabulous. Their food is just top class. leisure suit was so lovely and relaxing, My husband treated me to a massage and the lady who did it was so friendly and made me feel at ease as I was nervous because it was my first massage.
Their hotel grounds are lovely too :)

Room Tip: All rooms here are amazing
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very positive review following your recent visit to Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club. We are glad you enjoyed your stay so much. We hope you will have an opportunity to return to Sligo Park Hotel and Leisure Club soon again.