“An absolute gem”

Osta Cafe and Wine Bar
Ranked #5 of 8 Coffee & Tea in Sligo
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: The heart of Sligo - for a quick cup of excellent coffee and fresh homebaking, for a light lunch of the best of local produce, for 'small plates' and a glass of wine or for Sunday Brunch. Great warm atmosphere and a great place to meet people!
Dublin, Ireland
“An absolute gem”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Barbara and I had stayed in a hotel slightly outside Sligo where the breakfast would put you on a diet. So we escaped and headed into Sligo Town for brekkie. A very nice woman and her daughter, when asked, suggested strongly that we go to Osta. We were almost afraid not to. The place is ideally situated on the weir of the Garravogue River in the town.
Breakfast is not cheap but it is the biz. This place exudes class from every pore. The staff are superb and totally committed to making your meal as enjoyable as possible. The food matches. The croque monsieur for Barbara came with choice of salad. You picked your ingredients and they made it on the spot. I being a committed vegetarian hunter reluctantly tried it and it was very tasty. There, I said it.
Reverting to type, I had the cleverly titled 15 km breakfast where everything on the plate came from within 15kms of Osta.
Washed down by great coffee and freshly squeezed OJ ( it really is fresh) this was a fab breakfast. We will be back as soon as we can find another excuse and a deal that does not include breakfast.

• Visited March 2014

Rome, GA
“Right on the river”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The view was very nice, the coffee was perfect, the food was very nice, but I have to agree a bit pricey.

• Visited February 2014
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“I agree Great Coffee”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Was in here a few days after Christmas. The cappuccino was great. Most places outside of Italy put way too much milk in and I usually opt for a macchiato but this was delicious. Very friendly staff and good food.

• Visited December 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Possibly the best Coffee I've ever had”
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

My first time going here was back in November. I'm a Sligo native but now living in the big schmoke and called in here for a coffee with the other half. I've been drinking coffee for a long time now and a lot of places just don't know how to do good coffee they seem to burn it! But the coffee (cappuccino) I had in Ósta is like I've said possibly the best I've ever had! I also had apple pie which was served with fresh cream and was very tasty. Staff are also friendly and Ósta is in a lovely location beside the river. I'm looking forward to trying some other dishes here and perhaps breakfast some morning and will deffo be trying to get in for a coffee every time I'm home!

Sligo, Ireland
“Breakfast”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

You'll get here the best tasting cappuccino and scone in Sligo! Since I live in Sligo I'm lucky to be able to visit on a regular basis.

• Visited October 2013