“Over priced mediocre food.”
Review of Austies Restaurant

Austies Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 122 Restaurants in Sligo
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Had lunch here on a recent visit to Sligo. We were a party of two adults and three teenagers. The food was mediocre at best with most dishes seeming to be pre- prepared and lacking fresh ingredients. Expensive to boot. Gastro-Pub this is not. Great location, nice views and a great bar such a pity the food lets the place down. Go for a pint but not for dinner.

1  Thank Barry707

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We arrived at restaurant greeted with a smile ordered drinks then then looked at menu very poor choice however we ordered cod goujons they arrived after a short time the food arrived here's the easier way to describe the portions we got one and a half goujons each no bigger than a mars bar the chips were chunky and uncooked and very hard we told waitress she bought then back it was clear they were thrown back into fryer coming back uncooked but browner on outside
Horrible food to say the least not to clean either plus we travelled there from
Our hotel in Raddisson blu 5mins drive which cost a rip of price of €26.00. For a round trip of 10 mins

2  Thank Jjackjack
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I was lucky enough to recently visit Austies Restaurant in Rosses Point, Sligo. I was not disappointed. For starters I had delicious mushrooms and my mother had salmon both were fabulous. We both ordered a main course of fillet steak medallions in a red wine sauce accompanied by perfect al dente vegetables. Not only were the meals excellent but looked absolutely amazing.

The location is perfect with beautiful views.

Although I was tempted to have a pudding I could not as the portions was huge - a real Irish welcome. If I come back to Sligo I will definitely go there again and would recommend it to the discerning diner. You will not be disappointed!

At the end of my meal I passed my compliments to the chef and the waitress told me that he was new and lots of people are loving his creations.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Lovely fresh food, cooked to perfection, Rosses Point is a fantasic location.... We will visit Austies next time we return to Sligo

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Ok, so I only had a pint, chips and chicken goujons, but they were amazing! The staff were so friendly and lovely. Really made us feel welcome. Lovely scenery. Lovely pun in the evenings with live music. One of those places you just don't want to leave.