“Looked appetising but was sadly disappointing”
Review of Cafe Fleur

Cafe Fleur
Ranked #30 of 124 Restaurants in Sligo
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Quick Friendly service . All our sandwiches are made to order, Our fillings include a selection of top quality meats and Cheeses, anything from Roast Duck to Irish Pastrami to Italian Prosciutto. We also serve the best coffee in town, which is both, organic and fair-trade and is blended and roasted exclusively for Café Fleur. You'll find us at 18 O’Connell Street, Sligo.
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Hadn't been to Cafe Fleur for a while, had previously always enjoyed their lunch, coffee and ambiance. However on this occasion I was very disappointed. The girl that served me was very un engaging and I felt that by asking for my simple food request, I was annoying her. My simple tuna baguette was horribly dry with very little mayonnaise and the other fillings were sufficient. On sitting at my table, I found it hadn't been cleaned away properly and the table looked a little bit grubby. In fact the whole place, decor included, is starting to look a little tired. The coffee was ok, but not as good as it used to be (this could be down to the person making it). It is a shame to see that standards have dropped as the food in the counter looks very tempting, however the whole experience in my opinion has become a little lack lustre and disappointing.

1  Thank Nessie L
Desireland11, Owner at Cafe Fleur, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Hi Nessie L, thank you fro taking the time to review our cafe. Feedback be it good or bad is very important to our business as it helps us improve our offering. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your recent experience with us. The Tuna we use is John West in Brine and we don't dress it in Mayonnaise like most places (we never have) as many of our customers prefer it simply "healthy" style but we regularly mix it up for those who prefer it more moist. All our full timers have been here five years or more and should have been much more helpful and courteous than you experienced on your last visit and for that I sincerely apologize , same goes for the table which should have been spick and span :-) . . We repaint the cafe after every summer season , this year will be no different but we feel we keep the place well, although the cafe is 6 years old now and could perhaps do with a re-model just to refresh it for our regulars. i hope your last visit didn't put you off to badly and let me reassure you that we have never decreased the quality of our produce (coffee included) to make an extra buck on the bottom line as that is the road to oblivion for any food establishment. Best regards Des & Co

Reviewed May 9, 2013

visit here regularly amazing wraps and the coffee great....service quick and friendly ..beautiful upstairs area ..

2  Thank econ77
Desireland11, Owner at Cafe Fleur, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Hi Bernie ,
Thanks for taking the time to review us . we're really glad you like our new upstairs space :-)
Downstairs was becoming a bit frenetic so the new chilled out space is a real boon our business!
Don't be a stranger and have a fantastic weekend :-)
Des&Co

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

This quaint café on the main street has more than meets the eye. Fresh produce daily, friendly staff and fantastic variety of hot and cold beverages. Everything is available to take out which is great for those people on the go, otherwise, sit back, relax and watch the world go by.

Desireland11, Owner at Cafe Fleur, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank you Julian, for your 5* Review, yes we try to be the friendliest little cafe in Town, Our Coffee is roasted for us every week and as a feelgood factor it's rainforest alliance affiliated, Organic and Fairtrade. Try a baguette next time you're in - you won't be disappointed.. see you soon we hope . all the best , Des&Co

Reviewed May 6, 2013

A lovely buzzing little cafe with a tasty menu, friendly staff and nice surroundings. I wouldn't say that it is great value for money as you would get a fuller plate for less in somewhere like Mocha Bean in Ballina for example. However, the menu is hard to choose from as everything looks good so give it a try.

thanks SoniainLurga for your positive review, it means a lot to us to get feedback to help us improve our offering. I understand your issue as regards fuller plates and the value that we give, but on teh other hand what we are trying to achieve is offering higher quality produce than the other cafes through buying better ingredients, I don't know what you tried when you where her , but I'd recommend the Crispy Duck wrap or our freshly shaved Prosciotto Di Parma with semi roasted tomatoes in one of crispy white baguettes with fresh Rocket .. really popular this time of year. Must pop into a few cafes in Ballina next time I'm over - I really like your local one Cafe Rua. see ye soon we hope. Des & Co

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Excellent place for coffee and sandwiches. We are back for 2nd time so that speaks for itself. Fresh food well prepared and presented in clean utilitarian surroundings. Location on O'Connell Street is easy from most hotels.

Desireland11, Manager at Cafe Fleur, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thanks Paul B for dining with us (Twice :-) ) and taking the time out to give us your positive review, yip the cafe is small and buzzy aiming to keep quality high and the prices reasonable, we hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip to our lovely county of Sligo .
with warm regards