“My new local on the west coast........”
Review of Cafe Fleur

Cafe Fleur
Ranked #21 of 129 Restaurants in Sligo
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Quick Friendly service . All our sandwiches are made to order, Our fillings include a selection of top quality meats and Cheeses, anything from Roast Duck to Irish Pastrami to Italian Prosciutto. We also serve the best coffee in town, which is both, organic and fair-trade and is blended and roasted exclusively for Café Fleur. You'll find us at 18 O’Connell Street, Sligo.
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I travel to sligo on the the train from dublin every fortnight or so. Cafe Fleur is my first stop everytime. Short walk from train station to the centre of town and i can relax and wind down into the western way of life. I know my coffee and these are quality beans!!! Cracking sandwich fillings and "fresh" seems to be the name of the game with these guys. Finish ordering my sandwich, I move up the cue (the fastest moving cue of all time) to order a coffee and before I get the chance to pay, my food is waiting at the till for me (hot or cold, my choice!!!). I love this type of efficiency delivered by super friendly and helpfull staff. This is why i go back everytiime! Oh and new seating upstairs was long overdue.... well done guys.

Desireland11, Owner at Cafe Fleur, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

why thank you mr Bean for your kind comments, we like to go by the believe of using teh best / freshest qualtity and make our profit from repeat business by giving value. Thanks so much for taking the time out to review us - its always fantastic to get great feedback. we are an Irish company managing to survive the influx of the british and american chains and holding our own thank God :-)
love the Avatar ! See ya soon Des&Co

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I had the pleasure of eating here very recently and would highly recommend it. There are a great selection of mouth watering fresh ingredients to choose from, devine coffee and excellent and friendly staff. Great value for money too!!! Cheers guys.

Hi Ian,
Thanks so much for your kind review.. Yip every thing we do is served as fresh as we can get it. really glad that you enjoyed your time in our wee cafe.. we price fairly as we survive on a diet of regulars and corporate clients! Little amounts often is the name of our game :-) Next time you're in the north-west dont be a stranger.
Thanks again.. Des&Co

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Had the misfortune to have a capuchino at this cafe and when I took it back and said I could not drink it as it was so bad I was told I owe 2.30euro nothing else was said so I paid and left . The service matched the Capuchino. this is one Cafe to Avoid.

Desireland11, Owner at Cafe Fleur, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Hi Gypsy33.
Im really disapointed that you had a negative experience with us today and that I didnt have an oppurtunity to rectify it at the time (I'm the man with the Glasses-usually at the till/coffee) machine . We've spent a long time building our reputation for service and would hate to loose it over a cappucino as the 1star review you felt we deserved has just dropped us down 2 places on tripadvisor. We pride ourselves in both using the best quality coffee and equipment to give our customers the best experience as is testament to all of the 5 star reviews we get on tripadvisor. If you're still in town in the morning (I noticed the Cairns address) can you swing by and I'll stand you breakfast and show you that we can do much better. There must have been some misunderstanding at the cash register as we have a policy that if you didn't enjoy what we served you we either replace it or give you your money back. We're open at 8am on saturdays if you're about.
Best regards, Des

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Finest ingredients in Sligo, smoked applewood cheese, Bryedal Ham, smoked salmon, etc. Pick and choose to create your own wrap or chiabatta. Great place for lunch. Always busy. Good coffee and friendly staff.
Well worth a stop for a tasty lunch, prices reasonable too.

Thanks Mairead, really glad that you like our offering. We source great quality tasty produce to fill our fresh baguettes and we're glad you noticed :-) it's always lovely to get positive feedback. see you again soon we hope . Best Regards Des&Co

Reviewed October 3, 2012

This restaurant is relatively new to Sligo, and is a great addition to the many eating houses in Sligo.
Situated along the Garavogue river, it is a magnificent setting.
Good value, very tasty food & excellent service.

Thank you very much for your very positive review. Im really happy that you enjoyed your time with us and hope that you'll return here soon. Best regards, Des & Co @ Cafe Fleur