“Wonderful Acommodation”
Review of Teach Eamainn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sligo
Teach Eamainn
Ranked #8 of 26 Sligo B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Wonderful house and wonderful host. Evelyn offered us all her house full of all kind of curios and antiquities. Excellent breakfast served very elegantly in extensive collection of china crockery sets. And fantastic rooms on the second floor with fantastic views. A second floor "tea room" that was self serve had comfortable seating and allowed us to chat a while and plan our next visits. A room is available for disabled guests.

Room Tip: Rooms in second floor offers excellent views.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Pilarix

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed at the B&B for 3 nights and really enjoyed our stay. The owner, Evelyn, made us feel welcome and was very helpful. The breakfast was really good and our room was comfortable. If we travel back to the area we will stay there again. Dick & Elaine from the USA

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ercrowe
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We was the first Time in Ireland. After a long Trip with the Car, we found the Bed and Breakfast House, It's a big House.The Breakfast was verry good and the Service was lovely. The bedroom is nice. Thanks for the Bananas and the Bottles of Water ;) that's e perfekt Lunch.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We were a last minute arrival and Evelyn made us feel so welcome. Our room was so lovely with a quilt on the bed and all the amenities. Lots of antique furniture in the home and an awesome collection of beautiful china. There is a great community room with everything you need to make coffee or tea anytime of day and a nice balcony right off the community room.

Highly recommend!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My family and I had a wonderful stay at this lovely B&B ! We were welcomed by the owner, Evelyn when we arrived. She is a lovely woman and instantly made us feel at home. She offered us scones and afternoon tea. The scones were homemade and delicious. Our room was very clean and spacious. We had a beautiful view of the mountains. The next morning, the breakfast was scrumptious. Evelyn and her son Jake prepared everything from scratch. They provided much hospitality and gave us recommendations on things to do and see while in Sligo. I have stayed in many B&Bs throughout Europe and America and I can safely say this one tops my list. I will definitely be back! In the meanwhile, maybe Evelyn could post some of her famous scones to America!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is an excellent b and b. Clean and comfortable room, good breakfast and coffee, wonderful areas to explore near by, a large car park just behind the b and b, a great sitting area to simply sit or work in with a view that is inspiring and the best I have seen yet in four years of visitiing a lot of Ireland's b and b's....but...what inspired me to write only my second review in four years is the owner, Evelyn. She honesty looked after me. Becasue of her help, I saved hundreds of Euro's on this trip. Thank you, Evelyn. I will follow your suggestions about booking b and b's on my next trip to Ireland.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We were behind schedule in our travels and arrived at the B&B around 20:30. Up until now, there was no problem arriving after 18:00. We kind of felt that we were scolded for not coming on time and that the agreement with Irish B&B is that you need to do check in no later than 1800. We felt kind of strange, as if we going to be punished.

The rooms were nice, clean. But there is a sign in the bathrooms asking you to shower by 2200 in order not to disturb the other residents. Again, it left us feeling that we really were not welcomed. We know that this is someones home, but of our three weeks in Ireland and Scotland, this was the only home that we walked with a bad feeling.

Breakfast was filling. Location good.
It turns out we had a coffee corner/residents corner that we could have sat down together (we were two couples) but only found about this corner, when one of my friends asked for hot water for her tea.

I not sure if I can recommend this B&B to friends and feel guilty for writing this. I wish all the best to the owner. She is not a bad lady, and the next morning we felt better about the place, but then again....i don't think that i would choose this B&B again as others have mentioned. Sorry.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple