“Amazing place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Teach Eamainn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sligo
Teach Eamainn
Ranked #7 of 25 Sligo B&B and Inns
San Diego, California
“Amazing place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

My family and I had a wonderful stay at this lovely B&B ! We were welcomed by the owner, Evelyn when we arrived. She is a lovely woman and instantly made us feel at home. She offered us scones and afternoon tea. The scones were homemade and delicious. Our room was very clean and spacious. We had a beautiful view of the mountains. The next morning, the breakfast was scrumptious. Evelyn and her son Jake prepared everything from scratch. They provided much hospitality and gave us recommendations on things to do and see while in Sligo. I have stayed in many B&Bs throughout Europe and America and I can safely say this one tops my list. I will definitely be back! In the meanwhile, maybe Evelyn could post some of her famous scones to America!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Korean first
Taylorville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is an excellent b and b. Clean and comfortable room, good breakfast and coffee, wonderful areas to explore near by, a large car park just behind the b and b, a great sitting area to simply sit or work in with a view that is inspiring and the best I have seen yet in four years of visitiing a lot of Ireland's b and b's....but...what inspired me to write only my second review in four years is the owner, Evelyn. She honesty looked after me. Becasue of her help, I saved hundreds of Euro's on this trip. Thank you, Evelyn. I will follow your suggestions about booking b and b's on my next trip to Ireland.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Haifa, Israel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

We were behind schedule in our travels and arrived at the B&B around 20:30. Up until now, there was no problem arriving after 18:00. We kind of felt that we were scolded for not coming on time and that the agreement with Irish B&B is that you need to do check in no later than 1800. We felt kind of strange, as if we going to be punished.

The rooms were nice, clean. But there is a sign in the bathrooms asking you to shower by 2200 in order not to disturb the other residents. Again, it left us feeling that we really were not welcomed. We know that this is someones home, but of our three weeks in Ireland and Scotland, this was the only home that we walked with a bad feeling.

Breakfast was filling. Location good.
It turns out we had a coffee corner/residents corner that we could have sat down together (we were two couples) but only found about this corner, when one of my friends asked for hot water for her tea.

I not sure if I can recommend this B&B to friends and feel guilty for writing this. I wish all the best to the owner. She is not a bad lady, and the next morning we felt better about the place, but then again....i don't think that i would choose this B&B again as others have mentioned. Sorry.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hbrodsly
Bushmills, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

We really liked it in this beautiful, cute house! Its a very lovely accomodation and Mrs. Evelyn was very friendly. We were very happy and we would recommend this pleasent place to everyone. We would definitly come back again! In our room we had an amazing view at the sunset yesterday. The beds are very comfortable and lovely furnished. Thank you so much for all and hope to visit you again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Falkirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Cannot praise Teach Eamainn highly enough, excellent hosts, accommodation and food. Evelyn and Declan could not do enough for us, they made a difficult trip to visit a relative in hospital so much easier with their kindness including driving us to Sligo General hospital at visiting time. Our comfortable beds and excellent facilities were a very welcome sight after a long day travelling from Scotland. Excellent choice for breakfast, cooked to perfection. Teach Eamainn, Evelyn and Declan are an outstanding example of true Irish hospitality at it's very best.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Dear hosts.
We want to thank you again for our stay in your nice B&B. We felt welcomed and we enjoy our stay. Also, the view is very great around and it is situated near to Sligo town. Really good choice for a B & B.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Toulouse, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

After 1 hour’s driving, we arrived at Sligo at 3pm and got to Teach Eamainn in 5 minuts driving from downtown Sligo.
Upon arriving, landlady Evelyn guided us to a spacious and wonderful room. Our family had 2 rooms for the 4 of us and found them beautiful. I found the fact that the lake(Lough Gill) and Hazelwood park is too close from B&B. While my kids are taking some rest, my wife and I took a walk for half an hour and got to the park. We enjoyed fresh air and big trees in well-kept forest and watched ducks in the lake. Evelyn prepared the food personally and that was really awesome!
We had an amazing breakfast the following morning and said our goodbyes. She knows how to treat their guests.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family