“Do not stay here !!!”
Review of Teach Eamainn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sligo
Teach Eamainn
Ranked #7 of 24 Sligo B&B and Inns
Galway Ireland
“Do not stay here !!!”
Reviewed October 19, 2011

This is the worst accommodation I have ever staying in. The owner of the house was extremly rude and even tried to overcharge us. The rooms are very dated and dirty. Stay anywhere else but here.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank mgt123dt
Teach_Eamainn, Owner at Teach Eamainn, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your comment and I would like the opportunity to respond. We feel it is only fair to set the record straight for other guests. We are extremely concerned at your comments regarding your stay at Teach Eamainn as we pride ourselves on our level of cleanliness etc. The Décor of the house is very vibrant and indeed, some of the modern colours may not suit all tastes. I only wish that if you felt so strongly about the experience you had at our B&B the night before that you would have mentioned it on arrival or at check out so that we could have taken the opportunity to discuss your issues. We do take all our guest feedback very seriously and like to deal with comments immediately.

I am glad to say that no guest has ever accused me of overcharging, of being rude etc. I personally show guests their room and at that point we would have appreciated your feedback. With regard to the issue of overcharging, at Teach Eamainn we would never overcharge guest and much of our business comes from vouchers where no money exchanges hands. I would like the opportunity to discuss your experience directly at your convenience. Perhaps if you could contact me, we could resolve any issues. Thank you for your comments.

Kind Regards,
Teach Eamainn, Evelyn McPartland.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Korean first
Honey Brook, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed October 3, 2011

With so many new, sterile, purpose built B&B's all over the country lacking in true charm, this was a gem! The view from our window was spectacular and the short drive from the center of town gave us the opportunity to have a quiet nights' sleep. A second floor "tea room" that was self serve had comfortable seating and allowed us to visit with other guests. The dining room was inviting and offered group seating but there are other tables if you choose to eat alone. Decland offered suggestions for scenic drives as well as serving a lovely breakfast. The extensive collection of family heirloom china gives this home true character in an ever changing "modernized" Ireland.

Room Tip: If you are travelling with friends, we had the room with three single beds. Reminiscent of a girls...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Colette B
Remsen, Ny
Reviewed August 20, 2011

This B& B was very comfortable and clean,It had a gorgeous view and the owners were very accomodating to our needs. They took an interest in what we wanted to accomplish with our trip to Ireland.and particularly, Decland,.our host, went out of his way to direct us to local sites of interest and beautiful country scenery that would not be found in a tour book. . Because of them we had a wonderful experience in Sligo. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Deborah M
Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed November 6, 2010

Extended members of my family have enjoyed pleasant stays here many times over the years.
Whatever the occasion we always found the owner Evelyn very helpful and willing to go out of her way to be of help to her guests.
Wonderful home cooked food always available and plentyfull.
I would recommend this guest house as an excellent base for those wishing to explore the northwestern region of ireland.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Tara0098
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2010

This year we had the opportunity to visit Ireland for the first time. We had many pleasant stays around the north west region, but none were as memorable as our stay in Teach Eamainn in Sligo. This is not only due to the quality of accomadation, which was more like a luxury hotel than a private home. What we remember most is the attention that Mrs McPartland devoted to her guests. We enjoyed greatly the hospitality of the guest houses around many parts of Ireland, but it is the memory of the warm reception and attention to our weary traveller needs that we received from Mrs. McPartland when we arrived very late at night to Teach Eamainn that makes us think of Sligo as the heart of "Ireland of the thousand Welcomes".

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Kerry
Reviewed October 3, 2010

I Recently Stayed In Teach Eamainn for 3 Nights with My 2 Teenage son's.. We were given A Very Warm Reception On Arrival, Which Was Very Welcome after our Long Drive From Co Kerry. Rooms were Cosy, And We Slept Very Well.. In The Mornings we Were Always Welcomed Warmly To The Dining Room And The Breakfasts were Delicious and Plentiful... I Especially Enjoyed The freshly Baked Scones, Still warm From The Oven.. My 2 Boys Spent A Lot Of Time in The Garden Playing With The Cute Little dog with The Great Name called squirt... I wouldn't usually take the time to write a review good or Bad But In This case I Felt I Must as Mrs Mc Partland Is A Natural Host with A Lovely Business And I'd Recommend Teach Eamainn To Anyone in Need Of A Pleasant B+B Experience.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Ginsheim
Reviewed September 30, 2010

It was the first time me and my wife spent a night in a B&B-Hotel. And I have to say that it was the best start we could have and it awackend an appetite for more such experiences!

Ms McPartland was very gentle and was very concerned about our well-being. The breakfast was delicious and the tea she served was simply wonderful - hospitality at its best, especially if you consider that she had had a little accident some time before and that she therefore had some troubel to walk.

We can very much recommend this B&B-hotel - thanks Madam for your kindness and the great time we couls spend at your home! We really appreciated it.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple