“Enjoyable stay”
Review of Iona B & B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sligo
Iona B & B
Ranked #16 of 26 Sligo B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 6, 2012

The Iona B&B is a excellent place to stay if looking for accommodation in the Sligo area. The room was large and immaculate, the breakfast was great and the host (Rose) was lovely. The B&B is in a great location as its close to the town centre and also Strandhill.. I couldn't recommend it highly enough,

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank LCP2407
There are newer reviews for Iona B & B

Reviewed July 1, 2012

My daughter and I spent one night here. Rose was gracious, energetic, helpful and served a wonderful breakfast. She advised us of a couple of places to dine in town and we were not disappointed when we chose Tra Bon - fabulous food, atmosphere and service. My disappointment was the bed. They were entirely uncomfortable and you could feel every spring through the minimal padding and mattress cover.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Warm welcome from Rose ,Lovely big room , Good breakfast, Wish we could have stayed longer

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lynx89
Reviewed August 23, 2011

In February I went to Sligo, one of my favourite places in Ireland, for a weekend break. I wanted to clear my head, walk by the sea, drink good coffee, read the papers, have the odd pint of guiness without much effort and thought. It is not often that everything comes together and i ended up having a great weekend and the Iona itself was the icing on the cake. I had just wanted somewhere clean to lay my head after wallking but it turned out to be nearly the best thing about the trip.
I don't drive so bus connections are important. A bus stops right outside the Iona (you just put your hand out) and takes you into town or to Strandhill. Strandhill is fabulous for walking in, especially the dunes, with the Atlantic on one side and Knocknarea topped by Queen Medhb's grave on the other. It has a great cafe looking onto the sea and a lovely homely pub. I enjoyed that weekend so much that a few weeks later, I went down again with my laptop to do some work and stayed for a week. (The house has wifi and the room had a desk to work at). The house itself is lovely, warm and clean with lots of little details, like the three little ducks ornament in the bathroom that give it character. I felt at home and relaxed immediately. However, as other reviewers have said, it is Rose that makes the stay so memorable. She is extremely welcoming, very easy to talk to: interested and interesting. I was there during the general elections and we had great chats about that. She is also discrete and unobtrusive - the perfect hostess.
On my first visit, no sooner had i arrived than Rose offered me tea and scones. I had to go into Sligo before the shops shut, so had to put off the scones and Rose drove me into town. (She gave me several lifts during my two stays). I had the scones for breakfast the next day along with home made wheaten bread and the full irish and it was all delicious. When I came on my second visit, Rose brought me scones into my room on my arrival. Again it was the little details that made the place stand out and added to the experience - tray with teapot, scones and jam and lovely crockery and napkins. A little of heaven in the north west!
Helen, Belfast

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank Helen320
Reviewed August 5, 2011

The hostess was so hospitable. When we arrived, she had a little chat with us and asked what time we would like to have breakfast. The room was clean, and the bathroom was huge. Garden flowers were in full bloom, which made the whole surroundings more attractive. Morning breakfast was perfect and delicious. Toast, yogurt, brown bread, coffee, and traditional Irish breakfast. The hostess even came in and asked us if we wanted more (actually we were all stuffed). We would never forget the warm-felt and friendliness of this B and B.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank ShiangruHwang
Reviewed July 4, 2011

The landlady was very helpful, polite and freindly and would go out of her way to help. Room was spacious and clean and breakfast was great. B and B was a walk to Sligo town but situated in a good place if you had a car and wanted to tour around. Strandhill down the road was very pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank KJH15
Reviewed June 28, 2011

It is very nice and clean irish family haus, convenient located between Strandhill and Sligo. In compare with other B&B's rooms are very spacious. Hall with fire-place. Rose, You were wery kind to us. Thank You!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family