“Very good value”

Yeats Country Hotel
Ranked #49 of 121 Restaurants in Sligo
Cuisines: Irish, European, British
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Very good value”
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

After reading the reviews I expected the worse from this hotel but was very pleasantly surprised. The location is fabulous, hotel staff all very hard working and we had a wonderful weekend in Yeats county.

2 Thank Patrick B

Dublin
“Not good enough”
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Visited here recently and simply not up to scratch. It's in painful need of being refurbished. Everything screams for a re do. Staff I found ok, reception touch and go, some nice some not so helpful. The food I found good but again it's surroundings so drab.
The bar is tiny so entertainment was on in a separate room but it wasn't up to much so people just lazed on sofas in lobby. Leisure centre was a little more modern but waited on staff to man it anytime I went in . It's simply a case of " it could be so much better if it was brought into this century".

1 Thank Thomwhelan
Pune, India
“GOOD STUFF”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I liked the Bar Food, especially the fish n chips. The place gets a bit noisier in the evening as there are no Restaurants very nearby & most of them visiting are the Guests who are staying in the Hotel. The Restaurant do serve some very good multi cuisine dishes. Good Stuff indeed.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank suhas24
Manchester
“Fantastic!!!”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I visited the hotel with my family for 5 nights last week and I had such a wonderful time. It was the best hotel I have been to in years. Every night without fail the dinners were fantastic. From beautiful salmon to butterfly chicken, lamb to steak, nothing could have been improved. My mum made sure she complimented the chef. In between courses there was no wait. As soon as the starters were taken away, the mains arrived. Everything was piping hot and the staff/waiters/waitresses were so polite and helpful. The breakfasts had such a good range with hot buffets every morning. There was a table laid out with fresh fruit, drinks, cereal, yoghurt and a toaster. The hotel has been re-furbished and is gorgeous. The spa was brill. The pool was lovely and warm ever time I had been in from every morning.
I cannot recommend this hotel any more. There are two lit fires in the lounge areas which are lit from the morning until very late at night. These were so comforting to sit beside. Truely a wonderful hotel set within breath-taking scenery. It's the first time I had been there.
We had a family room each with a sea view which was cleaned to perfection daily. My family have been many times and keep going back. Well done to the staff who work so hard to keep the guests happy.
E. Bradley

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Tinkbella78
Ennis, Ireland
“Nice”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We visited this restaurant as part of a package deal given to us as a gift for our anniversary. I have already said how disappointed we were with the overall experience with the hotel. (On the hotel review). On entering the restaurant the decor itself leaves an awful lot to be desired. With its silver flocked shiny wallpaper, mirrors,gilded cornicing etc. Too much bling for me. The view from the windows would be lovely if the windows were clean. Flower pots directly outside full of weeds.Seated near lampshades that clearly need stain remover. On the plus side beautiful white table linen with nice white crockery and nice cutlerly. Their was a lot to offer on the menu. The food tasted quite nice I had the filo prawns and hubby had potato and leek soup. We were pleasantly surprised. The mains of chicken and lamb were quite acceptable. Deserts were also nice. I had the fruit meringue and hubby had banana split. We were quite surprised by the meal. We were also relieved. I hadn't expected much because of the rest of the hotel. The staff were very nice and friendly. Attention to detail would be nice. Decor clearly needs updating. The room is quite spacious and has a nice ambience if it were given some tlc.

• Visited April 2014