“Ok Bar food”

Yeats Country Hotel
Ranked #56 of 124 Restaurants in Sligo
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Having stayed in this hotel before a number of years ago and enjoyed our stay and the food in the restaurant was lovely we decided to go into the bar while in the area ! It was around 4 in the afternoon but the menu could easily have been written 20yrs ago Chicken Maryland,Chicken Kiev, Cod and Chicken Fillet burger. It came out with a little side salad with no dressing on it. It was very edible, it filled us but def no frills. I felt it was a little expensive for what we got I think the Maryland and Kiev were 13.95, the chicken fillet burger- 12.95! The girl in the bar was very friendly and helpful but we would not head for the bar food the next time we are in the area!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Location is fantastic
Food is good
Staff are very good apart from one young lady
Room was good
Lots to do and see in the local area

Reviewed March 8, 2013

The food here was gorgeous. The bar is lovely and homely. Thee bar staff are so friendly.on our second night the best was closing early as the larger bar was opening instead. Even though food had stopped being served we were told to sit down not to worry and just pick what we wanted. Our food was delivered to our table which wee really enjoyed. Couldn't fault it. Thanks Karen

1  Thank CORKY80
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Although it was a lovely hotel, we were very unwelcomed. My partner and I stayed in sligo for a few nights and decided to head out to rosses point for a walk in the beach around 3pm. After our walk we stopped at the hotel for a coffee and a dessert. We entered the bar area where I was left waiting at the bar for 25 mins while the barman discussed he's night out previous. When I finally caught he's attention he was so rude and told me there was no way I could have any dessert until after 5pm as they had not been taken out of the freezer yet!!!! I work in the hospitality industry and seldom complain. However, I feel that this type of service is unacceptable and I definetly will not be recommending this hotel to anybody.

3  Thank Delboy23cg
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The food was lovely, the service was excellent and the staff couldn't do enough for you. A very enjoyable evening.

1  Thank Sandra B