“Excellent food, fine service”
Review of Montmartre

Montmartre
Ranked #23 of 124 Restaurants in Sligo
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The location of the restaurant is a but unusual, with not a lot happening around it in the evening time. But the welcome was lovely and warm - French maître d', excellent French cooking and even a few tables of French visitors on the night we visited. It's not cheap, but it's well worth it.

10  Thank doc-ireland

Reviewed September 1, 2013

This was a family meal out (6 people) at end August. It was my first visit however Montmartre came highly recommended and it lived up to it's reputation. The appearance / decor is modern and comfortable. The menu choice and wine list is extensive without being pretentious. The service was very welcoming and pleasant. I opted for the special starter of the day (crab served in it's shell) and the rack of lamb followed by a duo of creme brulee. We asked for a recommendation for the white wine and enjoyed a nice Gewurztraminer. Overall a very enjoyable evening and a revisit is on the cards for our next visit to Sligo.

12  Thank drawoha
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We booked a table for 9pm last Saturday night. When we arrived to the restaurant I was greeted by the waiter telling me we were late and there would be no table for 20 mins. I was slightly stunned by this welcome. I looked at my watch after and it was 9.04pm. We proceeded to wait given its high ranking on trip advisor. They took our orders around 9.30pm while we waited and were eventually seated after 1 hour so we assumed it would all go swimmingly after. We received our starter at 10.08pm and waited a further hour to get our mains. We decided enough was enough and leave right after. I'd no interest in waiting another hour for dessert.
Only twice during the course of the evening were we asked was everything ok and that was after we got our starters ( after 10) and the funny thing was this was within no more than 30 seconds of one another by two separate members of staff. The rest of the night we saw no one.
In summary the food was average over priced and the service was appalling. My advice for all, don't waste your time because if you do, they certainly will do it for you.

Check out Eala Bhan the next time you're in Sligo. I ate there the night before and it was class.
Unfortunately we couldn't get a booking again there for Saturday night.

4  Thank Con C
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Best food in Ireland. Real expert French chefs serving 1st class food. Good sense of humor, fast and prices are very reasonable. Good wine list. When you have had your fill of "Bangers and Mash" this is where you need to head. Staff and chefs are from France. Worth a visit and a meal.

11  Thank anonomuse
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Excellent food, excellent service and great surroundings. The best restaurant in Sligo in my view especially after trying some other supposedly fine dining establishments and being bitterly disappointed.

11  Thank acapulco5656