“Great B&B”
Review of An Cruiscin Lan

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sligo
An Cruiscin Lan
Ranked #4 of 24 Sligo B&B and Inns
Paris, France
“Great B&B”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Liam and Geraldine are so friendly hosts. Warmful stay in Sligo to discover all the county. Rooms are quiet and comfortable; breakfast is fresh and delicious, with a real full Irish one. The advice of Liam and Geraldine are always good and useful to enjoy the city. Hope to come back one day - highly recommended to friends.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sebastien_c_porte
lia08, Owner at An Cruiscin Lan, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Hi Sebastien,
We are happy to read, that you enjoyed our hospitality & your visit to our B&B. Your feedback on our advice on places of interest is appreciated, & will help us to guide future visitors.
We hope to meet you again when you visit Sligo.
Ger &Liam.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Aussie
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Very difficult to say much positive about this place. We had difficulty from the beginning of our visit. Had trouble finding it and when we arrived doors were locked and we had to wait for owner to arrive. Room was very small. Bathroom also. Breakfast was OK.Liam was very friendly and tried hard to make our stay pleasant. One good thing was parking was next door.

Room Tip: Give it a miss
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AussieSuzie53
lia08, Owner at An Cruiscin Lan, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Hi Suzie53,
Thank you for taking the time to give your opinion of our B&B.
We think the difficulties you had from the beginning are of your own making. We sent you a list of directions, covering different access locations, that you may be traveling from, when you completed the reservation. Directions are available on the website along with a google map. On the day of your arrival, when you failed to arrive at the prearranged time, we sent you a text, to see if you had changed your plans or needed help with directions. We can understand your frustration at being lost, and then not gaining access, and that "first impression" may have influenced your opinion, but we done everything in our power to make your arrival and stay as pleasant as possible, as we do with all guests.
We operate a 3 star bed and breakfast. The size of the rooms & bathrooms, and accordingly the price, are matched to that 3 star rating.
Liam & Ger
Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We (my wife and I) stayed in Sligo for three nights. We met the best host and hostess we could ever want for. They helped us out with anything we asked. What to do, where to go, music and song in pubs, best food in restaurants, everthing we asked. We followed their advise and were never disapointed.
Location perfect. Close enough to reach the whole town on foot and far enogh from the main street to get a little "excercise" walking back and fourth.
Room; good enough- No problems.
Breakfast; excellent! And always served with a smile!
Parking; Perfect!
Highly recommended for a reasonable stay!
Inger and Kai

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kystfart
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed here four nights in early July. Liam and his wife were quite hospitable and it was next to impossible not to feel like you were part of the family from the moment you arrived. Being that it is a B & B--not a Luxury Hotel--the room I stayed in was comfortable, clean & spacious. I shared bathroom facilities and there were no problems there whatsoever. I have stayed in a good number of B & B's in Ireland on numerous trips, which, generally offer good value for the money, but An Cruiscin Lan was way above the average. That's saying a lot, comparatively speaking, given my stays at similar sorts of accommodations in the UK and on the continent. You're close to the city center but far enough away for a feel for the actual Sligo. I don't look for sterile polish and bad art in my accommodations but rather character and charm. Book your rooms here with full confidence.

Room Tip: I think I stayed in Room 4, which overlooks the street. A little loud in the evenings and around pub...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Knottwatt
Dublin
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We were looking for a reasonably priced room for a last-minute trip to Sligo... We were lucky enough to stumble across An Cruiscin Lan. The proprietors were extremely kind and welcoming, the place is spotless and the food is delicious - will definitely be going back! The perfect place to stay in Sligo. Thank you L & G see you next time Drogheda United are in town:)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Luke T
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed July 27, 2012

When people ask me how my trip to Ireland was, the first story I tell after "Aw, it was amazing!" is that on my first morning in Ireland I was woken up to the proprietor of the B&B I was staying at (i.e. Liam) knocking on my door telling me I was missing breakfast, and then cooked my breakfast anyway.
Classic Irish hospitality - it's not just a stereotype :-)
[Liam, if you're reading, thanks again! I would have slept in till 2pm. And not a word about the fabulous cooking...]

I stayed in a single room not en suite, but the toilets were literally two steps away from my door. The shower was up the stairs, but it felt like I was showering at a friend's house.

A word about Sligo - it's a small town with lots to see (also around the county) and lots of character. I've been to more pubs than the nights I stayed there (and I'm not a party girl really, just goes to show about the town) and met some friendly locals who made my stay even more pleasant.

In short - totally recommended for a local taste of Ireland, both the town and especially the B&B!

P.S. Getting from the train station to the B&B was a bit of a walk and it's up a hill, so if your luggage is heavy (like mine was), don't do that.
P.P.S. Don't skip the brown bread!!!

Room Tip: Do not fear the not en suite rooms, the place is so small and cosy you won't notice you're o...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We were privileged enough to stay at the Cruiscin for a full week. We arrived to Liam's warm welcome as we stepped out of the car, he automatically helped us with our abundant luggage (to the relief of our wise uncle, 71 years young). We were shown to our rooms, a huge 3 bed room with adjoining bathroom for me and my younger brother, as well as a lovely double for my uncle packed with every amenity you could wish for and more! We quickly took care of the provided refreshments lovingly left on the dressers. Which to me was like seeing an oasis in an arid desert after a long days travel. And the best thing about these ones is they placed themselves every day! After settling in we went downstairs , Liam and my uncle being locals immediately engaged in which pubs, restaurants and sights were worth checking out. Alot had changed in the 50 years since my uncle had first left. In the morning we were introduced to once of the finest things known to man, the Cruiscin Lan breakfast! Every morning we were treated like kings with traditional full irish breakfasts with all the trimmings, as well as a seemingly never ending supply of soda bread, toast and tea. This really was one ofthe most hospitable experiences I've ever experienced outside of my own family home. The love and warmth you receive at the Cruiscin Lan is unrivalled and a testament to Irish hospitality! I shall be counting the days until I am back again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bohemian M
lia08, Owner at An Cruiscin Lan, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Hi Ben, Chris & John,
We really appreciate your excellent review, & very kind comments, of your week long holiday, to visit your relatives in Sligo.
It was indeed a pleasure to serve you all, & great to know how you felt about our efforts to make your visit a memorable one.
Next time we will try to organize the weather a bit better.
Til we meet again, Thank you.
Geraldine & Liam