“Great place to stay. Very accommodating.”
Review of An Cruiscin Lan

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sligo
An Cruiscin Lan
Ranked #7 of 26 Sligo B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 18, 2012

My family stayed 1 night here. Unfortunately I had come down with a bug and was sick for my stay. Liam and his wife were wonderful and went out of their way to be helpful. They served a beautiful breakfast the next morning (I wish I could have eaten more, but I wasn't up to it!) but the rest of the family really enjoyed it! The rooms are very clean and comfortable. Thank you Liam for delivering extra keys when my kids locked theirs in their room. I would definitely recommend An Cruiscin Lan to anyone going to Sligo. I hope to come back to visit sometime.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
lia08, Owner at An Cruiscin Lan, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Hi 5163,
We thank you for your excellent review of your visit to our B&B.
We felt so sorry for you falling ill on your vacation, & unable to assist.
You & your family were a joy to look after & we hope you return soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

The cab dropped me off and Liam was waiting at the door to check me in. I got an en-suite room and would definitely recommend it...100%. When I wanted to extend my stay by a night Liam was accommodating and breakfast was fabulous, he cooked it to order and the Full Irish was exactly what I needed when the night before had involved yet more of the spectacular local music at a pub - there are so many great ones within walking distance. It's dangerous!

The bottle of water and tea biscuits waiting for me and the pile of rose colored pillows lived up to my expectations - this place is super cozy and incredibly comfortable. I will gladly come back when I return to Sligo.

Room Tip: Get an en-suite room - not all of them are.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
lia08, Owner at An Cruiscin Lan, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Hi Sara,
We are delighted to read how much you enjoyed your trip to Ireland, & especially happy with your excellent review of your stay at our B&B. It is a great location for visits to the local hostelries, as all are in walking distance.The free bottled water, juice & tea/coffee with biscuits, is a little extra for our guests, a friendly gesture, that dosen`t cost a lot.
Come back soon,

Reviewed July 14, 2012

My sister and I stayed 6 ovenights while visiting nearby towns and counties. Liam and his wife were very welcoming and ensured we had necessities for our stay. Room was comfortable and basic having 2 beds. We were gone most days and only back to shower, sleep and the Irish Breakfast. Irish breakfast was more than ample with many selections. The B&B is very centrally located, shopping within walking distance as well as Sligo Genealogy services. We brought scones back to B&B after a long day and Liam offered us coffee/tea in the closed dining area. The day we checked out he arranged for taxi pickup to Sligo bus station. Will stay at An Cruiscin Lan if visiting Sligo in future.

Room Tip: Laundry facility drop-off adjacent to building.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

HI Marie S,
We are very grateful for the excellent review, from your visit to our B&B, & that you enjoyed our hospitality.
Driving on those narrow roads was a challenge, & the coffee & scones were needed at the end of a long day, researching your ancestors.
Thanks again
Liam & Ger.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Booked the night before and rolled in at 5pm. Host showed us to our rooms immediately and gave us good advice to get about town. Cooked breakfast for us after the slated 10am cutoff (good food too). Bit more expensive than we would have liked, but it looks like a lot of online b&b booking sites now use standard rates. Overall, lovely stay.

• Stayed: July 2012

Hi Labasheeda,
Thank you for your very good review of your visit to our B&B, & great that you enjoyed the food and venue advise. Its rewarding for us when guests are satisfied.
On the subject of price & online bookings, the booking engine take their share out of the total, leaving a reduced cut for the B&B. Everyone wants a slice of the action.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

The hosts were nice enough, and the room was quite spacious, but this was definitely one of the less memorable B&Bs we stayed at during our travels. It seemed to be an older building; perhaps it could use a reno. Also, my girlfriend tried to use the kettle and cups to make tea for herself, but the kettle was dirty and brown inside, and the cups had soap scum in them. We probably would've mentioned it to the hosts were we not leaving shortly thereafter. Overall, we were not all that impressed.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Leonidas446
lia08, Owner at An Cruiscin Lan, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Hi Leonidas446,
Many thanks for your helpful review of our B&B.

We are sorry that your visit to us did not live up to your expectations.
Yes it is an old building, in one of the oldest streets in Sligo town, & the decor is what it is, some like the old world atmosphere & some don`t.
The kettle did need a de-scaling, but we have replaced it with a stainless steel kettle, that may be more serviceable to the use. We also replaced the dark coloured mugs, with white mugs, so there is no hiding place for soap scum.
You should have mentioned your disappointment to us on checking out, as I did ask you "was everything all right". We ask all guests on departure about their visit, with the purpose of having an opportunity to make right any wrong. Once the guests leave the front door it is difficult to make amends.
An average review is disappointing, but we hope we have corrected the wrongs, so from that point of view, it has been helpful & again we thank you for that.
At least the room was spacious, location very good & the hosts were "nice".
Regards Liam & Geraldine.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

While I only spent one night here passing through Sligo en route to Galway, I felt very at home and really enjoyed the stay. Liam made sure my entire group was very comfortable and was always ready to help if we needed anything. Breakfast was delicious! The available Internet was much better than the bigger hotels I stayed in on the trips and everything worked well. I would definitely stay here again given the chance to go back to Sligo.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2012

A real Irish welcome to Sligo from Liam and Geraldine.
They even provided lovely weather for our visit.
Great location, clean and comfortable throughout. Excellent breakfast.
Superb value for money. Would absolutely recommend to all visitors.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends