“Brilliant.. couldn't ask for any more”
Review of Yeats Village

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sligo
Yeats Village
Ranked #19 of 24 Specialty Lodging in Sligo
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Excellent stay, staff very helpful, great location and base for our holiday,very happy... no downpoints, great value for money ...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice and peaceful, exactly what you want for a family holiday.........

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Kaz321

Reviewed August 25, 2012

My partner and myself stayed in an apartment in Aug 2012. It was very well equipped, spacious and comfortable. Staff very pleasant and helpful, gave us information on places to visit and arranged bus and boat trip for us. Very good value for money and convenient to visit places of interest. Our apartment was upstairs as my partner has some difficulty with stairs we asked if we could have a downstairs one. Staff were very accommodating but as downstairs ones were all single we opted to stay where we were. Overall a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I would really recommend this accommodation to anyone. But be mindful it is not a luxury hotel but definitely value for money. We were a group of single female friends and found it to be very clean and more than adequate for our needs. We had a 3 room appt and each room was en-suite which was great.

Only down points were that we had to drive around the development a bit to find the front door as it was on the side of the building and not clearly numbered and one of the showers was faulty. But apart from that I would definitely stay again. I had to change the booking last minute due to changes in the number coming and the staff were more than accommodating and really friendly.

Top marks all round

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Rosie M
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Stayed here in Aug 2012 we had 2 apartments which we got on a deal. After a slight hiccup at reception the staff were very good, pleasant and helpful.
The apartments are spacious and all rooms are en-suite which is a plus but some of the en-suites were on small size.
The furniture is "well used" badly stained as are the carpet tiles which in our apartment were disgusting dirty..
The draw back is location, the village is a 10 min drive out of city centre where you have to go to get anything!
There was some noise issues but credit to the village staff they dealt with it speedily!
Overall for what we paid it was ok, but could not justify the full price!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Trevorlt
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The apartments as such are basic and are used during the academic year to house students. The rooms are rather noisy due to the thin inner walls and very loud water pumps that kick in when someone else in the apartment/building takes a shower (most rooms have ensuite bathrooms).

My daughter stayed in one of the apartments for nearly a whole year and I agree with previous reviewer Richie when it comes to the rudeness and inefficiency of the management.

From the start there was an issue which kept going for several months when one of the other students kept having her boyfriend in the apartment all the time (night and day), supposedly because the latter didn't have a room of his own. The management did nothing until one of the other students was so fed up about this that she was prepared to move to another apartment from a different agency.

Apartments had to be payed in full for several months in advance, but when it came to getting back the deposit it was the opposite: after more than two months there's still no sign of it. Enquiries are answered with the lamest excuses and promises: you'll get it at the beginning of June, we'll look into it, there was a problem with the Irish banks, you'll get it next week... or not at all.

If you plan to let your daughter or son study in Sligo I would suggest that you have a look at the other options before you part with your money (be warned: The Village Clarion Road is apparently managed by the same people from Albanne Property Management).

We stayed there for a few days when we picked up our daughter, and while the apartment served its purpose, next time we will definitely stay in one of the hotels in Mullaghmore as that is in a much nicer location.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank PaddyA
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I have been staying in hotels/hostels all my life, either through work or leisure and I have to admit staying at the Yeats Village was my WORST TIME EVER.. Manger was the second rudest person I have had the pleasure to speak to, only topped off by the receptionist. I cannot fault the rooms, but the obnoxious manner the staff treated by girlfriend and I was fully uncalled for!

So, take my advise, do not risk subjecting your selfs to this nonsense of a business and find another place who appreciate your business and money

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Richie7777e
Reviewed August 29, 2010

My wife and I recently spent a fortnight travelling around Ireland. Our only complaint we had here was with the one flat pillow each we had.Otherwise everything was great. A qiet sot away from busy roads.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple