“What a little gem of a place by the river...”
Review of Fiddlers Creek

Fiddlers Creek
Ranked #25 of 121 Restaurants in Sligo
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, European, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Perth, Australia
“What a little gem of a place by the river...”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Having recently arrived back to the Mother land my partner and I decided to take a road trip to the West of the island. And came to discover Fiddlers Creek, which I can only describe as one of my highlights of the trip. With its stunning views of the Garavouge river and relaxed atmosphere it truly was a pleasure to dine there.
It was rather busy at the time and our waitress did not fail to impress been very polite and attentive to our needs. For a lunch menu there is a great variety of choice and reasonable priced. Our food and drinks came with no wait at all. Food was very well presented and tasted delicious, portions where more than adequate.
After finishing our meal we decided to stay that bit longer and moved to the main bar. It was great to see so many customers there enjoying their drinks and themselves. Bar staff like the waitressing staff where very pleasant and efficient. Seating by the cosy fire I truly felt the homely experience that fiddlers creek provides. I truly can’t recommend Fiddlers Creek enough, if you want a good meal with excellent service or just a drink you can guarantee to get it there.

• Visited May 2013

• Greek first
“we cant wait to return”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Just spent a few days in sligo with my wife found this lovely restaurant and pub by the river.Food was definetly the best we have experienced in a while.The duck was fantatic ,nicest duck i have tasted .Thr service was excellent and very friendly and extremly friendly.will return on our next visit to sligo.

• Visited June 2013
Camden, Maine
“The only unpleasant waitress we had in Ireland and the poorest food other than the airlines.”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Although there were plenty of empty tables our waitress cleaned several before coming to see if we wanted beverages. Yes we did and got them 15 minutes later. The hamburgers were not even as good as McDonalds $1 ones and were so dry they created fire hazzards in our mouths, although using all the catsup supplied helped a little. The fries were good and hot. At the end of our meal we waited another 15+ minutes for our bill. Then, we put our coats on and sat on the edge of our chairs. Five minutes later still no waitress and still no bill we left the exact amount of what we calculated our bill to be, rounded up to the nearest €. If this is your only sit down option, do take out instead.

• Visited June 2013
Sydney
“Never disappoints!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Was home on holidays again recently and popped in to Fiddlers Creek for dinner with my family. The staff were so friendly and welcoming as always. We had a table booked in the restaurant. I had the Fajitas which were very tasty. Everybody at the table were hugely impressed with their meals. The garlic potatoes are a must have! After our meal we followed into the bar. There was a one man band playing and he was brilliant. We had such a great evening, enjoying the music and the chat. I would highly recommend Fiddlers creek to all of my friends and family. Looking forward to my next visit already...

• Visited May 2013
Twickenham, United Kingdom
“Never fails to impress!!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Every time I return to Sligo, first stop is either for a drink or lunch with my Dad to this pub. The food is always amazing, & the staff are so friendly and always happy to accommodate, even if there is something not on the menu that you may want. The location is perfect if your also out for a night out in a Sligo & fancy a pub that is fully of atmosphere & good service. I always recommend this pub if people are traveling to Sligo.

• Visited April 2013