“Never fails to impress!!”
Review of Fiddlers Creek

Fiddlers Creek
Ranked #25 of 119 Restaurants in Sligo
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Twickenham, United Kingdom
“Never fails to impress!!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Every time I return to Sligo, first stop is either for a drink or lunch with my Dad to this pub. The food is always amazing, & the staff are so friendly and always happy to accommodate, even if there is something not on the menu that you may want. The location is perfect if your also out for a night out in a Sligo & fancy a pub that is fully of atmosphere & good service. I always recommend this pub if people are traveling to Sligo.

• Visited April 2013

• Greek first
“Terrible food”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I had the burger which I presumed would come with fries but was shocked to receive my check and see I was charged extra for the fries..terrible value for money at 16 euro in total as the burger meat was extra dry,lacked any flavour or imagination.My friend had the chicken goujons which arrived ice cold.They were immediately sent back and obviously reheated in the microwave when they arrived back 30 seconds later in a small bowl at this stage.They were hard and chewy.There was no apology nor did anyone come back to check on us at any stage of our meal.I brought all of this to the attention of the girl who served us and she apologised.It was a very quiet period of the day so there was no manager on duty.I hope the proprieter of this place takes my review seriously and acts fast on these issues or otherwise face much bigger challenges in the near future.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank castlefood80
“Awful”
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Went there for lunch with four of my friends, two of us got chicken strips they came out cold so had to send them back when I got them back they didn't even serve them back to me on a plate, but in a little side dish for veg with no salad or anything, stil couldn't eat them because they were like rubber! The other two got burgers the price woz crazy for wot u got €14 for a burger with NO chips included!! And it tasted awful! I wouldn't eat in the place again if I was paid!! Have felt sick ever since!! Terrible place!!!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank 7kat
“Looks good but.....”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Went wandering along the river and came across this pub. Looked good and the early bird menu sounded great. Husband and I went in and thought it was nice and cosy. We ordered our meal which included a chicken dish. The veggies had an odd flavour but couldn't quite make out what it was. Five hours later had food poisoning. Three days on and still not over it.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Jennifer H
Donegal Town, Ireland
“Looking their mojo!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Have been here recently for both lunch and an evening meal. Lunch consisted of watery soup and a burnt wrap. Took ages for it to arrive at the table so didn't bother sending it back. Curry one of the people with me had was not very nice either.

Evening meal was equally disappointing. The menu has changed and that's not a good thing.

There is no love given to presentation and it looks like the food has been thrown at the plate.

Some of the staff are lovely and friendly while others make you feel unwelcome.

Overall Fiddlers seems to have slipped lately - hope they get their mojo beck soon.

• Visited April 2013