“Poor Wi Fi Reception; Too many scented candles burning”
Review of An Daingean

An Daingean
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sligo
An Daingean
Ranked #10 of 26 Sligo B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed in roomy en suite back bedroom on right with a window in the bathroom and bedroom. House was kept appropriately warm. Owner Mary was well aware Wi Fi not accessible from bedroom. She was friendly but was "too attentive" to her guests compared to other B&B hosts. Upon arrival, I advised her that I preferred to pass on breakfast and planned to leave early the next morning. At about 6:30 a.m., she was knocking on my door to inquire if I wanted breakfast or coffee. Various scented candles and oils were continuously lit throughout the house but, thankfully, not in the bedrooms.

Room Tip: No Wi Fi access in bedrooms; only accessible in front parlor and dining room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Alex F
There are newer reviews for An Daingean

Reviewed April 12, 2013

On a VERY Cold March day Max 3 degs C but we made to feel very welcome. We only stayed two nights, it was a lovely bedroom and ensuite - quiet - no traffic noise. Very close to the to town that we walked it a couple of times to eat in town. Easy to park the car off the road.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2012

You could not ask for more generous and thoughtful hosts. The Hennessy's went out of their way make me feel at home. The unexpected car tour of Sligo was "beyond the beyonds." On the rainy-blustery morning of my departure Mary met me in the hallway and said she would drive me to the bus station for my trip to Galway. They make you feel at home and work to make your stay comfortable while respecting a guests privacy. I highly recommend An Daingean.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank JCB11019
Reviewed October 18, 2012

From the moment we were welcomed at the front door we were made to feel right at home. Once Mary ,the Proprietor showed us to our room she told us to come back to the dining room once we had time to freshen up and tea & coffee would be served. Tea and coffee was served with homemade cakes and cookies ,absolutely delicious. There were three of us friends sharing a room and we found the room to be spacious and nicely decorated and the beds were very comfortable. As we wanted to take in some of the local pubbing night life the proprietor Mary offered to drive us as she knew from earlier conversation that we did not want to do any night driving . She happily drove us pointing out places of interest on the way and showed us where we could get a taxi back and advised us the amount we should expect to pay. She would not hear of taking any money for the drive and wished us a great evening. Our full Irish breakfast the next morning was top notch and after a series of photos with our new friend Mary we were on our way. I have no problem referring Daingean B & B to any friends or relatives that may be travelling to Ireland.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marilyn T
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We were made to feel very welcome . Tea and coffee was made and there were a lot nice biscuits. Our room was really comfy , with a super shower. This is a B&B I would recommend and if I go to sligo again I hope to stay there
Eddie Treeby

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This B&B is so clean and snazzy. Would be more suited to an older crowd than a younger one though. But the rooms are beautiful and bright and spacious. Breakfast was only ok. From the reviews on this, I was expecting alot more. Had a good sleep, very quiet place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed one night and it was a lovely bedroom and ensuite - quiet - no traffic noise. Very close to town and the hospital, if you were looking for accommodation near it. Easy to park the car off the road. We were an hour early but not a problem with the host. They also take credit card which a lot of B&b's don't take. The hosts could not be more helpful and made us some filtered coffee on arrival as my husband has an allergy to the one in the bedroom. Lovely home made cake on arrival and breakfast was very good. Very pleasant hosts and lovely to stay with.

Room Tip: All rooms on ground floor so no steps!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple