“Perfect Day all round!”

Perfect Day Surf School
Ranked #3 of 25 Tours in County Sligo
More attraction details
Owner description: Perfect Day Surf School is located in Strandhill, Sligo. Established in 1998, we specialise in small group and individual surf lessons, woman only lessons, childrens summer camps, stag and hen parties, special needs groups and school tours. Our unique 1 to 5 instructor to student radio maximises the safety, coaching and fun aspect of learning how to surf. Also offering SUP (Stand up Paddle)lessons and tours.
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend booked a two hour lesson with Tom and his team, both of us somewhat nervous beginners. Immediately we were put at ease, and all nerves quickly vanished as Peter (our instructor) showed us the ropes and displayed endless patience as he guided us through the two hour lesson.
It was great fun and we had a really enjoyable morning. I would definitely recommend Perfect Day to anyone wanting to try their hand at surfing.

1  Thank Greennotcabbage
"local history"
in 3 reviews
"lough gill"
in 7 reviews
"lovely family run business"
"kids and adults"
"idyllic setting"
"tom"
in 77 reviews

Reviewed August 27, 2013

My wife booked a surf lesson with Perfect Day for me and a friend (who isn't a good swimmer) to have 1-on-2 (instructor with 2 people). Having previously had a first-time lesson with another surf school in Strandhill where I was in a large group, I thought I knew what to expect, but I was really surprised at the level of individual coaching we received from the friendly instructor (Ross) who was able to get us to stand up pretty quickly. Also he was able to identify all the things we were doing wrong and give us the information to make the adjustments.

As I'd been once before to the other school, I got loads out of this lesson, but I learned a lot more through the one-on-one coaching than I did in a group situation. So for me it was great value as I left feeling that I'd really progressed and wanting to come back for more.

Our friend was visiting from the UK and couldn't get over 'how friendly everyone was' - there's definitely a feel-good factor with Tom and the team and you really feel that they appreciate the business. Strandhill is pretty chilled out anyway! It's a great way to get fit, and you'll sleep soundly after one of these lessons and probably want a hearty meal too!

I'd definitely recommend these guys, especially with the smaller classes and the friendly laid back atmosphere. I also liked that the wetsuit felt pretty clean and new and 'un-used'. Also, after we'd booked the lesson, some locals I know had said 'yep.. you're with the right gang there'. And we were.

Thanks again and best of luck for the future.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

As a 1st time surfer, I was a little nervous trying surfing for the first time. With perfect day surf school from the moment we started to the moment we finished (2 hours later) the nerves were thoroughly put aside with the great instructions from the two instructors and even managed to stand up right on the board. All the guys at perfect school are really nice helpful lads, guaranteed to have a laugh and with great techniques you'll be surfing all the way. Most certainly will be back for another lesson!!!!!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Decided to go surfing as an activity with a difference for my hen do and it was so much fun. I havent laughed that hard in such a long time. All my friends really enjoyed the experience and we're still talking about it!!! The staff are really lovely and the price is very good value for money. I managed to get upright a few times so im definately going to go back for another lesson.
A great days fun guaranteed!!!!!