“Enjoyable family break”

Bridge House Hotel, Spa and Leisure Club
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Tullamore
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I booked a deal for this hotel on Deal rush so I wasn't expecting it to be all that great. But I was very surprised. We got a HUGE room, 5 beds (1 double, 4 singles and a baby cot) And there were only 4 of us, 2 adults and 2 babies under 3 years.
The staff I could not praise enough. The girl on check-in (sorry I can't remember her name) was so nice and helpful. Paula, who served breakfast was an absolute lady, Colm in the snooker room what a gent. The list goes on... Every staff member made a huge effort....
Swimming pool is lovely, the outdoor hydro pool is amazing....
Food was gorgeous - the bar food especially was so reasonable.
A few reviews on this site would really put you off staying here but I can honestly say this is one of the best hotels I have stayed in in Ireland. Of course I could nit pick and say there wasn't a bulp working in one of the lamps, and the curtains were old fashioned and blah blah blah....Overall it is a fantastic hotel and I will be taking a tip back very soon.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Leemcp2013
Louise L, Front Office Manager at Bridge House Hotel, Spa and Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for posting your review following your visit to The Bridge House Hotel.
We are all delighted that you and your Family enjoyed your stay and really look forward in welcoming you all back again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Bridge House Hotel, Spa and Leisure Club

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I attended a weekend special event with a number of my gal pals and we had a fabulous time. The staff are really very helpful and the service is great. The downside to the hotel is that certain common areas are a little bit worn and tired could do with being updated. The Italian resturant has lovely food but can get very busy. Overall we had a great time although the alcohol can be a bit over priced in the music venue bar the two bands we saw on the Friday and Saturday nights.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank redheadd12

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following you visit to The Bridge House Hotel.
We are all delighted that you enjoyed your weekend, indeed it was a pleasure to have you all stay with us. We take all comments seriously and always act on each and every one. Hopefuly, we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for the weekend for my daughters Hens party. The hotel staff went out of their way to accommodate us as thirty of us travelled down for the weekend. Rooms spotless, staff friendly and professional. The dinner on the Saturday night was excellent along with the service. The entertainment in the hotel and the adjoining bar made our weekend very enjoyable as we danced the night away. I would highly recommend this hotel for its great service as they seem to cater for all. Although I did not use the Spa in the hotel, some of the party who did avail of the service had an enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank 522JMC

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review following your stay with us recently.
We are delighted that you and your Daughter enjoyed your weekend.
It was our pleasure to have you all stay at The Bridge House Hotel, we look forward in welcoming you all back again in the near future. I can only imagine the fun that will be had at the up-coming Wedding!.

Geraldine,

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Just had another meal at The Bridge House hotel and it was first class. I ordered a half portion of the beef for €8.00 which is great value. The food is great, staff very polite, plenty of space. In comparison to the 'food' at the Hollyrood Hotel, Bundoran, Co Donegal (don't even think of eating there!!) which I will give -10, Bridge House +10!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jimmi6791

Dear James,

Thank you for posting your review following your visit to The Bridge House Hotel.
We are all delighted that you enjoyed your time here and that you found our food to be "first class".
Our Food Services is one of the many things that The Bridge House Hotel is famous for.
I do hope that we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed here with my 3 daughters aged 1, 5 & 7 in July fot 2 nights. Hotel has a fantastic reception area and in general the public areas were spotless. Our room was spacious but had no air con lucky I brought my own fan! Also I felt the room needed updating in several areas. The kids club was excellent all staff at leisure centre really helpful and friendly. Sadly the whole leisure centre including the ghastly changing rooms (filthy) needs an entire deep clean.. the only reason I gave a low score was that on arrival I was met with a seriously unfriendly and rude receptionist, think Adele or something similar was her name. As it was 1pm (I knew we were early and apologised for being so) she immedietely and very sternly told me that check in was not until 4pm. This was before she should have at least welcomed us to the hotel, which she didn't once!. I told her I didnt think it was that late and she replied "your wrong, most hotels are 4pm" !! She did not advise me about the car park or kids club and left me feeling that I had chosen the wrong hotel for our mini breakaway. There was one outstanding staff member in the bar area Sean or Liam I think his name reddish hair, absolutely brilliant service and always rushed of his feet. Food great, whole place let down by dirty areas in leisure centre, mainetance issues in room and above all miss rude at reception.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank spacey3

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post the review following your stay with us in July.
I am delighted that you enjoyed most aspects of our Hotel and take on board all comments regarding our Staff and facilities. We appreciate all feedback, good and negative. I do hope that we will have the pleasure in welcoming you and your Family back to The Bridge House Hotel in the near future and I can assure you of the highest standards and services .

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Food was very good staff nice only thing we stayed in a family room facing the street were there seem to be a party outside till 4 every night no air-con Windows had to be kept open. Complain next morning told nothing the hotel could do. Would I stay again not to sure.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank paulc4036

Dear Paul,

Thank you for posting your review following your stay with us.
I am delighted that you enjoyed our hospitality and that you found our Staff to be friendly and our food good. Indeed, these are two of the many tributes that the Bridge House Hotel are renowned for.
Please accepy my sincere apologies for any in-convenience experienced because of out-side noise. Tullamore is a lively town but generally we get no complaints regarding noise.
I do hope that we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back again in the near future and would be grateful if you could contact me directly on making your reservation.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Was really looking forward to staying in this hotel as I had previewed it's website and read previous reviews by people.. I prepaid using www.hotelsireland.com.... We booked for 3bb+1d... the room we booked was suppose to have walk in shower, jacuzzi, 40" inch plasma cable tv, When arrived we walked into a busy foyer which looked like the picture shown as per website. We were given our room keys we went up to the 4th floor opened the room and walked into the 1980's the dark dingy little twin room with a CRT Television. The bathroom was clean but disgusting around the bath the grouting was mouldy/brown with rusty fixtures (this room is not shown on their website).
I went to reception and asked the girl could we be upgraded... but the "hotel" was fully booked due to a wedding... We were offered the presidential suite for extra 100 euro per night..But that had the bride and groom in it.. That night we got no sleep due to fire alarms ringing at 1 and 3 am..During the night people running up and down the corridor knocking on the door... I rang reception at around 3am to say re noise alarms etc. I was offered no apology and told that people were smoking in their rooms!!!. So after no sleep we decided even though we had paid for our package that we just wanted to leave. We said to the hotel receptionist next day that we wanted to check out. We were upgraded to the presidential suite cos it had a jacuzzi etc as we booked and paid for we waited till 4pm to move to presidential suite again looking at images on their website we thought great!! But again we were let down by 80's gold sprayed furniture, tacky old decor which included glittering wallpaper with a red fiber optic light over the bed. But it was not only the decor that let the hotel down. Sitting in the smoking area try to enjoying an evening drink we were suddenly surrounded by a of 100+ (debs) teenage drinkers... We were very fortunate to spend our night with a drunken teen who was wrapped in a tin foil blanket vomiting into a bag... screaming for her ex boyfriend and a paramedic trying to calm the girl down for 3 hrs... 3rd night another debs pink vomit everywhere on smoking seating area.. 3rd morning pink vomit still in smoking area...

Room Tip: Don't book the hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank MacGalway_Ireland

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay with us.

We would be very interested in speaking with you directly regarding your review and would appreciate if you could call our General Manager, Danny Corbett or myself to discuss.

Yours sincerely,
Rooms Division Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullamore
Tullamore Court Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kinnitty
Hodson Bay Hotel
Hodson Bay Hotel
#5 of 9 in Athlone

Been to Bridge House Hotel, Spa and Leisure Club? Share your experiences!