Bridge House Hotel, Spa and Leisure Club
$125
$102
Central Hotel Tullamore(Tullamore)(Great Value!)
$97
HotelQuickly
  • Restaurant
The Grand Hotel(Moate)(Great Value!)
$99
$184
Travelocity
Newbury Hotel(Mullingar)(Great Value!)
$111
Annebrook House Hotel(Mullingar)(Great Value!)
$118
Hotels.com
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
1,301 results
All reviewsitalian restaurantmain barcharleville restaurantwould highly recommend this hotelfrom start to finishwedding receptioncourse mealout of this worldtop classfantastic hotelresidents barnext morningwedding venuecentre of townreception areagreat atmospheregreat weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Just not worth £140 per night. public areas of hotel are lovely, but bedrooms are tiny and dated. Bathroom with ripped shower curtain and huge chunks of grout missing. Not 4 star by current standards- no air con, and impossible to leave window open because of noise from bar/ nightclub in hotel. The fact that fire alarm went off at 1 am and alarm from shopping centre across street went off at 6-20am didn't help. One towel in twin room- when I queried this at checkout I was told they were 'in the drawer'- why? Obviously in hope that we wouldn't find them and use them!!
Breakfast was nice, but a bit limited compared to other 4 star hotels

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jemBelfast
Louise L, Front Office Manager at Bridge House Hotel, Spa and Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review following your stay with us, we are very disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay. We were aware that the Fire Alarm was activated during the night and for this we are truly sorry but we do take Fire Safety very seriously in the Hotel.
Unfortunately, we have no control on the alarms being activated in The Bridge Centre.
I do hope that we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back to The Bridge House Hotel again and I can assure you of our best attention and services. Please contact me directly to make your reservation.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Had a great stay in this typically busy large town centre hotel. My room was clean and comfortable. The hotel was comfortable and had a nice bar area to relax in. I ate with some friends at the Italian restaurant which is part of the hotel. The food was of a reasonable standard but I do wonder why we in Ireland find it so hard to get genuine Italian cuisine right.

I had a reasonable night's sleep although my neighbours in the next room had the television on quite loud very late into the night. All in all a good choice in Tullamore.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Opplock

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay with us.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Overall, this is a fine hotel, or essentially two hotels. The 'main bar' has the music, sky sports, and excellent carvery and bar menu. The 'library bar' has no music, tv or food, and is a very fine spot for chilling out. It also houses some excellent whiskeys and the like.

Some details need addressing - the suggestion box on the fourth floor was dirty and the card on it with 'suggestion box' was peeling and cracked. A duty manager should be all over this.

Also, the rooms are not great - old tv, green bathroom tiles, two single beds pushed together to make a double, and ours was a renovated room!.
Eggs benedict for breakfast did not come on an english muffin, but a piece of toast with the crusts cut off. Poor.
This hotel has all the charm of an old hotel, but also suffers from the usual drawbacks of old hotels (i.e. poor rooms).

i would recommend this hotel, but be warned regarding the rooms. The staff were all excellent, and the old girl has charm in spades.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WestmeathPat

Dear Westmeath Pat,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay but I am disappointed that your over-all opinion of our bedrooms was not good.
We appreciate all feedback and constantly strive to maintain our high standards and services.
In recent months we have began the process of refurbishing our bedroom and hope to have it completed shortly.
Hopefully we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back to The Bridge House Hotel in the near future. Please contact Emma or myself on making your room reservation as we would like to ensure that you receive a Free Up-Grade to one of our Executive Suites.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed here for one night on business at the beginning of May 13.

The check-in in the very spectacular lobby was fast and efficient. I had a twin room at the front of the hotel (supermarket and cinema opposite). The TV had UK channels and the free in room internet was excellent. My sleep wasn't great because I couldn't completely shut the modern sash windows. It was very windy night and the wind was howling all night. On a still night this wouldn't have been a problem because I like a ventilated room. The shower in the morning was very poor. The temperature was very, very variable and had I been due to stay any longer I would have complained.

I didn't have breakfast since my rate was room only. I had dinner in the hotel and it was very reasonable for the price, €24 for three courses with tea or coffee. The duck was over done but I still enjoyed the meal.

Check out was fast and efficient and the staff on the front desk should be congratulated.

I would stay again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: Check you can shut the window before unpacking.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank pots11

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay with us recently.
Please accept my apologies regarding the fact that your bedroom window would not shut completely and that the temperature in the shower was not consistently hot.
We constantly strive for perfection and take all comments seriously and act immediately.

I do appreciate your comments regarding our Front Office Staff, hopefully it was me that checked you out!!.
I do hope that we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back to The Bridge House Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Myself, Husband and 2 young children stayed here for a midweek break this week and we had a great time. The food was excellent, the staff very friendly and the hotel is in an excellent location. Everything was just so relaxing and we all loved it. On another note the Tullamore park is brilliant for young children with activities like a zip line and a brilliant water park where they had great fun. We will definitely be back. Thanks for a great stay! I would recommend this Hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Michelle C

Dear Michelle,

Thank you for posting your review following your stay with us recently.
We are delighted that you and your Family enjoyed your stay with us.
Tullamore Park is a great amenity close to the Hotel where Families can enjoy some out-door activities. We hope that we will have the pleasure in welcoming you, your Husband and two children back to The Bridge House Hotel in the coming months. We will be organising some great activities in our "Busy Bees Kids Camp" this coming Summer which your children would certainly enjoy.