“Mostly hit, only a little bit miss”

Bridge House Hotel, Spa and Leisure Club
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Tullamore
Westmeath
“Mostly hit, only a little bit miss”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Overall, this is a fine hotel, or essentially two hotels. The 'main bar' has the music, sky sports, and excellent carvery and bar menu. The 'library bar' has no music, tv or food, and is a very fine spot for chilling out. It also houses some excellent whiskeys and the like.

Some details need addressing - the suggestion box on the fourth floor was dirty and the card on it with 'suggestion box' was peeling and cracked. A duty manager should be all over this.

Also, the rooms are not great - old tv, green bathroom tiles, two single beds pushed together to make a double, and ours was a renovated room!.
Eggs benedict for breakfast did not come on an english muffin, but a piece of toast with the crusts cut off. Poor.
This hotel has all the charm of an old hotel, but also suffers from the usual drawbacks of old hotels (i.e. poor rooms).

i would recommend this hotel, but be warned regarding the rooms. The staff were all excellent, and the old girl has charm in spades.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WestmeathPat
Louise L, Front Office Manager at Bridge House Hotel, Spa and Leisure Club, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Westmeath Pat,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay with us.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay but I am disappointed that your over-all opinion of our bedrooms was not good.
We appreciate all feedback and constantly strive to maintain our high standards and services.
In recent months we have began the process of refurbishing our bedroom and hope to have it completed shortly.
Hopefully we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back to The Bridge House Hotel in the near future. Please contact Emma or myself on making your room reservation as we would like to ensure that you receive a Free Up-Grade to one of our Executive Suites.

Rooms Division Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Kent
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed here for one night on business at the beginning of May 13.

The check-in in the very spectacular lobby was fast and efficient. I had a twin room at the front of the hotel (supermarket and cinema opposite). The TV had UK channels and the free in room internet was excellent. My sleep wasn't great because I couldn't completely shut the modern sash windows. It was very windy night and the wind was howling all night. On a still night this wouldn't have been a problem because I like a ventilated room. The shower in the morning was very poor. The temperature was very, very variable and had I been due to stay any longer I would have complained.

I didn't have breakfast since my rate was room only. I had dinner in the hotel and it was very reasonable for the price, €24 for three courses with tea or coffee. The duck was over done but I still enjoyed the meal.

Check out was fast and efficient and the staff on the front desk should be congratulated.

I would stay again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: Check you can shut the window before unpacking.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank pots11
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay with us recently.
Please accept my apologies regarding the fact that your bedroom window would not shut completely and that the temperature in the shower was not consistently hot.
We constantly strive for perfection and take all comments seriously and act immediately.

I do appreciate your comments regarding our Front Office Staff, hopefully it was me that checked you out!!.
I do hope that we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back to The Bridge House Hotel in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Myself, Husband and 2 young children stayed here for a midweek break this week and we had a great time. The food was excellent, the staff very friendly and the hotel is in an excellent location. Everything was just so relaxing and we all loved it. On another note the Tullamore park is brilliant for young children with activities like a zip line and a brilliant water park where they had great fun. We will definitely be back. Thanks for a great stay! I would recommend this Hotel to anyone.

1 Thank Michelle C
Dear Michelle,

Thank you for posting your review following your stay with us recently.
We are delighted that you and your Family enjoyed your stay with us.
Tullamore Park is a great amenity close to the Hotel where Families can enjoy some out-door activities. We hope that we will have the pleasure in welcoming you, your Husband and two children back to The Bridge House Hotel in the coming months. We will be organising some great activities in our "Busy Bees Kids Camp" this coming Summer which your children would certainly enjoy.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My partner and I stayed for a 2 night break and had a really lovely time.
From the time of booking until we checked out the staff were more than helpful.

Breakfast main course was served to our table which I enjoy rather than having to stand at a buffet.

Only down side was the pool area which I feel needs a bit of TLC.

Will definitely pay another visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Suzieq531
Louise L, Front Office Manager at Bridge House Hotel, Spa and Leisure Club, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Suzie,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay with us.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to The Bridge House Hotel and look forward
in welcoming you both back in the near future. Your comments regarding our Leisure Centre have been noted and passed on to our Leisure Centre Management.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed here with my wife and infant son,We Got a great deal for a midweek break from group on and boy did this hotel not disappoint. The staff were very friendly especially Killian (I even offered him a job!!!!) and helpful, the food was excellent and service top class, everything is under the 1 roof from Italian restaurant to leisure center etc. To cap it off I was in the leisure center the last morning and was not feeling that well and the lady doing aerobics classes in the pool asked me was I ok and sent over a kind gentleman to give me a bottle of lucozade to get my sugar levels back up, and I did not even complain of being unwell!!!!! Thanks guys for a lovely couple of days and we will be back.

4 Thank pjlanigan
Louise L, Manager at Bridge House Hotel, Spa and Leisure Club, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
I am delighted to hear yourself and your family enjoyed your stay with us at the Bridge House Hotel.
We are so proud of our staff and the quality of service they provide our guests on a daily basis. The fact that you hightlighted this makes their efforts worthwhile.
Thank you for taking the time to right such a fine review and we hope to see you again very soon.

Kindest Regards
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My partner and i got a deal through treat ticket to stay here for 2 nights B & B, full use of leisure facillities and 30 percent off Spa treatments all for £95... I have tried to find something bad to say about our stay and the hotel and to be honest i cant.. everything was just great... will defo be back

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Theduck1
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel, we are very proud to receive such a fine comment from a guest.
We hope both yourself and your partner return to visit us again soon.

Kindest Regards
Cork
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Lovely w/end from moment we arrived Geraldine smiling at reception + whole place buzzing but we were treated so well ....facilities spotless + such friendly staff from reception to spa +pool area to dining room and up stairs .The entertainment was brilliant in lobby Sat pm . Food excellent in bar +restaurant great choices available . 5 of us will be back before Christmas .Thank you for a fantastic memory + wonderful energising break would recommend to any age seeing is believing .

1 Thank Betty C
Louise L, Front Office Manager at Bridge House Hotel, Spa and Leisure Club, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Betty,

Thank you for so much for taking the time to post your review following your stay with us over the week-end. It was our pleasure to have you all stay here and we are delighted that everyone had such a good time. We look forward in welcoming you back again in the near future.

Rooms Division Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullamore
Tullamore Court Hotel
Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone
Ballyfin Demesne
Ballyfin Demesne
#1 of 1 in Ballyfin

Been to Bridge House Hotel, Spa and Leisure Club? Share your experiences!