“Irish Hospitality”

Tullamore Court Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Tullamore
Reviewed December 13, 2010

We stayed at the Tullamore Court Hotel when we went to see The Chieftains who were playing at the hotel. We were surprised at the size of the hotel which came with a 20 metre heated pool and gym.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and nothing seemed too much trouble.
The room itself was immaculate and excellent value for money.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
TCH-Marketing-Dpt, General Manager at Tullamore Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2015

Your feedback is much appreciated.
We are delighted you enjoyed your time here with us and hope to welcome you back in the future

Reviewed November 22, 2010

Myself and my partner stopped over at the Tullamore Court Hotel for two nights, having booked to see the High Kings. If you are not heard of the group, check them out and book the hotel if they come again

The hotel was first class, lovely large rooms with not only a shower but a brilliant bath to have a long soak in.

We booked the package which included two nights bed and breakfast and one dinner. there are not many hotels that I would have dinner in as we prefer to eat out but on this occasion it was well worth it - the food was excellent.

I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Your feedback is much appreciated.
We are delighted you & your partner enjoyed your time here with us and hope to welcome you back in the future

Reviewed November 16, 2010

I thought the hotel was absolutely fab, we stayed in a suite for two nights, it was more than comfortable!!! the staff are extremely helpful and friendly. The food was lovely and so was the atmosphere. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 6, 2010

I arrived at 9 30 pm on a wet and windy night just as the Bar Food Service was ending. Reception contacted the Kitchen and the chef stayed on until I checked into my room, changed and returned to the bar. Shane, the chef produced an excellent Greek Salad and a fine steak sandwich in no time at all ! The bar staff were excellent and all in all it was a very good stay ! Well done !

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business

Your feedback is much appreciated.
We are delighted you enjoyed your time here with us and enjoyed the bar food upon your arrival. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed October 22, 2010

My partner and I stayed on 10/11 October and had a lovely weekend at the Tullamore Court. On arrival, the receptionist that we dealt with was very friendly and helpful and made us feel very welcome. The room was spotlessly clean, very airy and there was plenty of space. The bathroom was a good size and the only downfall was the crack in the sink which had discoloured and made it look a bit shabby. Outside of that, no complaints. The hotel is in a very central location and only minutes walk to the town centre. We didn't eat in the restaurant and only had lunch in the bar on Sunday. There wasn't a great selection on the lunch menu but what we had was nice. Overall, a very pleasant experience and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. Your feedback is much appreciated.

Reviewed October 21, 2010

Location - not bad - 5minutes from town centre and train station. If you're looking for beautiful views though, try another hotel - my room overlooked a service station. Still - it was handy for essential bits & bobs.
Rooms - I asked specifically for a room with a jacuzzi bath, and got it. However, although clean, the room was old fashioned, and needed updating. At 9.30pm I decided to take my much anticipated jacuzzi bath (not 'bat' as specified on the website!) - but when I pulled back the shower curtain, around the side of the bath was thick with black mildew and mould, where the seal around the bath had disintergrated. I was disgusted, and no way was I getting into that bath!! Its a shame as the problem would have been easily rectified with good housekeeping/ maintenence practices, and the rest of the bathroom was spotless. However, I was in no mood to call a manager, and move rooms at that hour of the night, so made do with a strip wash. I did complain at reception the next morning, and was given 15 euros off my bill, but the receptionist said "oh, I would personally book the executive suite" !!**%%!!!! WHAT!! It shouldn't matter if you pay 40 or 100 euros for your room - THERE SHOULD NOT BE MOULD IN THE BATHROOM!! To be fair though, I was offered a discount on my next stay. Another point - if you DO use the bath, you have no way of washing your hair, as the shower head over the bath is fixed high up on the wall, and has no flexible hose attached. So u either wash your hair in the bath (but you need a jug for rinsing) or else you have to stand under the shower AFTER finishing your bath - what a palaver.

Food - lunch was average - cesar salad was very average - I've tasted both better, and worse. The chicken tasted very processed, and the cheese plastic, which was the problem. Almost 3 euros extra though to add chicken which should be on there in the 1st place??! Dinner was beautiful though and the service was excellent throughout - 30 euros for a 3 course meal. The hotel was nice and quiet though - I had an excellent nights sleep. Breakfast was fine - room service just 2.75, and I liked the healthier grilled breakfast option.

All in all, quite a good hotel - just watch out for the hygiene issue - I wish I had checked the bath the moment I arrived, and demanded a different room.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo

Thank you for your review and for taking the time to post to TripAdvisor.
We have taken your comments on board about the Jacuzzi bath in the room you stayed in and would like to assure you this is not our usual practice.

Reviewed October 16, 2010

stayed here at leat 5 times always very good.....food in restaurant good....love the bar food....service quick and clean....rooms always top notch.....clean and tidy....car parking excellent............i think i should be paid or at least get a discount when next i call....which may be next week.....swimming pool ....good as well......send on the cheque.....one of the best.....along with mullingar park.manor west in tralee.... and fels point in tralee.... and a few other well run hotels.......keep up the good work

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank tomhannon

Thank you for your review. Your feedback is much appreciated.
Philip O’Brien

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullamore
Bridge House Hotel, Spa and Leisure Club
Hodson Bay Hotel
Hodson Bay Hotel
#5 of 9 in Athlone
Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone

Been to Tullamore Court Hotel? Share your experiences!