“Excellent hotel - would certainly use again”

Tullamore Court Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Tullamore
Reviewed April 21, 2010

My wife and I and our 3 kids stayed there for 2 nights in April and I can highly recommend it. The receptionist was very friendly and efficient. Food was excelelnt. Rooms were clean.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
TCH-Marketing-Dpt, General Manager at Tullamore Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2015

Reviewed April 19, 2010

stayed here for one night whilst attending a conference. staff very nice and efficient. breakfast in morning was lovely. great location, handy to get to.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed April 13, 2010

We stayed at the Tullamore Court Hotel for Easter and had a great time. It was our first visit to Tullamore and already the kids want to know when we are going back. The kids club kept them entertained throughout the weekend and the Easter Egg Hunt in the town park which was apparently sponsored by the hotel was the icing on the cake. Food both in the restaurant and bar was excellent and offered real value for money. The atmosphere all weekend was relaxed and enjoyable and the bar entertainment added to this. The only negative comment I would have is that I would have enjoyed this even more had it been served in a nice big glass. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel for a relaxing break

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed April 10, 2010

We ( 2 adults, 3 children, 9,6,5) stayed for just one night. Great staff, especially at reception, lovely hotel, food great, only problem we had was the pool depth in the main pool was 1.3m.... and the kiddies pool is tiny!. Big pool too deep for learner children swimmers, would need to be strong swimmers in that depth for parental comfort! We didnt have any floaties or arm bands with us for the kids and they were out of them on sale there. My Husband walked the town but none for sale - too far inland I suppose for the sale of such things! Anyway all else top class except for that ... Bring your arm bands!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed April 9, 2010

Myself & my wife booked a suite for a Fri & Sat, and got the Sunday free. This worked out @ €59pppn- Great value!
The suite was absolutely fantastic, huge bedroom & living room, Lcd tv with Bose surround sound, and even a jaquzzi bath. Each day a girl from room service would call to make sure the room was in order-which it always was.
We had also got 1 evening meal inc in our rate. This is unfortunatly where I had a problem. Put simply the tall blonde female manageress/waitress (she could quite easily be a model) was incredibly rude from the time we (&others) stood waiting to be seated right up until the day we left the hotel.
While waiting to be seated she made eye contact but continued to add up her receipts, walked away, returned with more receipts & added them too. The people behind us gave up and seated themselves. After been seated & while reading the menu she returned. My wife thought it was to take our order & asked for a few more minutes. The girl retorted by shouting at my wife-" I am not here to take your order, do you want bread!" She went off & returned with the bread basket & literally shoved it into my wifes face. From then on we were public enemy no.1 for the rest of the w/e. She neither acknowleged us or spoke to us in any form of friendliness during breakfast the following 2 mornings. We went to another hotel for dinner the next night.
In hindsight I wish I had complained, but I didnt.
Apart from this all the other staff members we dealth with were friendly & professional. I would recommend this hotel & Tullamore for the pubs to friends & familly but that girl needs to seriously attend a customer service course or if not at least learn how to smile!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 16, 2010

I stayed in the Tullamore Court for 2 nights in February 2010. The location is excellent, a few minutes walk from the centre of Tullamore town. There was plenty of parking and check in was smooth and hassle free. The room I was allocated was spacious and well laid out and the bed comfortable.

I used the gym facilities while I was there and found them very satisfactory for a four star hotel. I've stayed in plenty of other four star establishments which only offer a couple of treadmills and a rowing machine, but the gym here is well equipped and modern.

The breakfast I had on the first morning I stayed was perhaps the only black mark. I joined friends who were already seated and had been served and consequently was not offered a breakfast menu by the waitstaff. Admittedly this may have been as much my fault as theirs for not alerting them to the fact that I was a late arrival!

Apart from that the staff were unfailingly friendly and helpful and I left the hotel with a smile on my face.

I would definitely have no hesitation in recommending the hotel.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 1, 2010

I stayed here with my parents and my sister the last weekend in February. Myself and my sister were going skydiving and also we wanted to visit the Castles around Offaly. I cannot say how impressed I was with this hotel. From the minute we entered it was totally hassle free, very professional with very courteous staff. We got great value as we were given a third night free when we stayed for two. The breakfast that was laid out far exceeded expectations and included everyone one could want. Even one morning we forgot to put our breakfast menu on the door but this was no problem for the staff who brought us up everything we wanted even when breakfast had finished. The food in this hotel was top class and very creative. Entertainment was not too shabby and the decor of the hotel had to be commented on. Well done to all the staff here. Would highly recommend this hotel and look forward to another visit.

• Stayed: February 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review us, your feedback is much appreciated.

We are delighted you enjoyed your time here with us and had fun exploring the local castles!

Thank your for your recommendation, we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Philip O'Brien

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullamore
Central Hotel Tullamore
#3 of 9 in Athlone
Maldron Hotel Portlaoise
Maldron Hotel Portlaoise
#3 of 4 in Portlaoise

Been to Tullamore Court Hotel? Share your experiences!