“Fine Hotel, no complaints!”

Tullamore Court Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Tullamore
Reviewed March 16, 2010

I stayed in the Tullamore Court for 2 nights in February 2010. The location is excellent, a few minutes walk from the centre of Tullamore town. There was plenty of parking and check in was smooth and hassle free. The room I was allocated was spacious and well laid out and the bed comfortable.

I used the gym facilities while I was there and found them very satisfactory for a four star hotel. I've stayed in plenty of other four star establishments which only offer a couple of treadmills and a rowing machine, but the gym here is well equipped and modern.

The breakfast I had on the first morning I stayed was perhaps the only black mark. I joined friends who were already seated and had been served and consequently was not offered a breakfast menu by the waitstaff. Admittedly this may have been as much my fault as theirs for not alerting them to the fact that I was a late arrival!

Apart from that the staff were unfailingly friendly and helpful and I left the hotel with a smile on my face.

I would definitely have no hesitation in recommending the hotel.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
TCH-Marketing-Dpt, General Manager at Tullamore Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2015

Reviewed March 1, 2010

I stayed here with my parents and my sister the last weekend in February. Myself and my sister were going skydiving and also we wanted to visit the Castles around Offaly. I cannot say how impressed I was with this hotel. From the minute we entered it was totally hassle free, very professional with very courteous staff. We got great value as we were given a third night free when we stayed for two. The breakfast that was laid out far exceeded expectations and included everyone one could want. Even one morning we forgot to put our breakfast menu on the door but this was no problem for the staff who brought us up everything we wanted even when breakfast had finished. The food in this hotel was top class and very creative. Entertainment was not too shabby and the decor of the hotel had to be commented on. Well done to all the staff here. Would highly recommend this hotel and look forward to another visit.

• Stayed: February 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review us, your feedback is much appreciated.

We are delighted you enjoyed your time here with us and had fun exploring the local castles!

Thank your for your recommendation, we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed February 13, 2010

Stayed here for a wedding. Its a good quality hotel at a reasonable price. Was impressed at the quality of the food at the reception which was fantastic especially considering what alot of hotels throw out to people at these events. The staff were exceptionally professional and efficient and would definitely recommend it to anyone staying in Tullamore.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 25, 2009

I have stayed in many fine hotels, but for value, comfort and service, you really cant beat the Tullamore Court.

My fiancee and I have stayed regularly over the past 3yrs and find the staff fantastic. Our first booking was for an Executive Room.......and boy, is it worth it.

Any time we've been since we've stayed in the same type room so I cant comment on the standard or deluxe rooms. Fantastic large jacuzzi bath, seperate walk-in shower in a beautiful large and well appointed, SPOTLESSLY CLEAN bathroom. The room itself is large, comfortable with a king size and single bed, crisp white linen and very tastefully decorated. Our room seems to always be an end of corridor room (the thin old carpets and old-fashioned doors end where the executive rooms begin....and its clearly evident, although the price is not much more for the better room), and this room has some extra space so that in-room dining is a little more comfortable. Large plasma screen tv with inbuilt dvd player is standard and a nice touch as are the robes & slippers. We have always found it to be pleasantly quiet as well.

The leisure centre is adequate, if not in need of a little repair but nothing that a lick of paint wouldnt sort. The lighting, flourescent, can be a bit harsh and doesnt do much for relaxation but that could also be easily rectified.

The staff are excellent. The last time I stayed was June/July 2009 as we were attending a wedding in nearby Rosenallis. I normally do the booking, but this time my fiance too the lead and as we wouldnt be in the room long we decided to get a standard double. When asked had he stayed before he replied that indeed we had, many times. She then asked would it have been booked under a different name and he gave mine. She had obviously checked our account and seen that we only stay in the executive room and on arrival thats what greeted us......at the standard rate. I ask you, if that's not excellent customer service, I dont know what is?

We always have breakfast to the room, and you would need to be seriously picky to not enjoy it. I have very high standards when it comes to food, but unless something is drastically wrong, an Irish breakfast is an Irish breakfast.

We've dined in the restaurant twice, and on both occasions found the food to be delicious. Well presented and great choice on the menu. Its always a nice touch to see local meats and suppliers and seasonal food on a hotel menu.

I cannot recommend it enough.

From two very satisfied customers, Elaine & Francis

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review us, your feedback is much appreciated.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay here and for your recommendation.

Reviewed November 14, 2009

Gave the hotel a second chance after a poor experience here last year; I won't be going back. On check-in I requested a quiet room but was put in a room with noisy vents outside and overlooking the smoking area of the bar. Reception staff were helpful in changing my room though I had to suggest myself what parts of the hotel might be quietest.

The toilet in the room had not been properly cleaned which made me wonder what else wasn't done. There was a dead fly and wasp on the floor. The room needed some maintenance, the bathroom door handle was coming off and the heater in the room wasn't working. I was given a portable heater quickly when staff could not fix the latter.

The location is convenient to the town and there is a spacious carpark. Staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast and lunch was good. I was impressed with the choice of 3 milks at breakfast which is rare in hotels.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed November 11, 2009

I had reason to visit Tullamore on business last September and stayed at the Tullamore Court Hotel. I found the staff to be wonderful, they went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure I was comfortable and enjoyed my stay. I had a light lunch in the bar, the food was excellent a great range of wholesome food and light snacks to choose from. The bar staff were a mix of young and old, there was lively banter and overall i felt I would like to return to this hotel for a relaxing leisure break at some stage in the future. When you travel on business its nice when the staff take the time to chat

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed October 19, 2009

We stayed at this hotel with extended family for a weekend. First impressions were good as reception was friendly and helpful despite our arrival coinciding with that of a large wedding party. Arriving in the well-appointed room, we noticed a considerable hum coming up from (presumably) the kitchen extractor fan. On request the receptionist relocated us to another room where the hum was still noticeable but not as intrusive.
Things started to go downhill when we went to the bar that evening after dinner. It was difficult to find a bar person, while waiting staff were busy in a corner rearranging cutlery, only coming to life at "closing time" to pull down the dreadful metal shutters and quickly retreat behind them! I had thought that these things were a relic of the 1970's.Drink prices were on the high side being close to downtown Dublin boom times. Employ more staff and lose the shutters!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family

Philip O'Brien

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullamore
Bridge House Hotel, Spa and Leisure Club
Sheraton Athlone
Sheraton Athlone
#3 of 9 in Athlone
Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone

Been to Tullamore Court Hotel? Share your experiences!