“Several lunches later”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Tullamore
London
“Several lunches later”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have not stayed in the hotel but I have had many lunches there. The food is excellent and you have to book even midweek! Good choice and large portions. Everytime I have been here the place was packed! So the locals know a good thing too.

Room Tip: Only had lunch here.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tullamore C, Director of Sales at Tullamore Court Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear ASFLondon,
We pride ourselves on the standard of food that leaves our kitchens and I am delighted to hear that you consistently enjoy your lunch with us! We look forward to welcoming you again for your next lunch or a special occasion!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Czech first
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

We must of been placed in one of the old room because it was freezing and no hot water so got changed to a different room that was not much better .

Not what I expected from this hotel it in a town close to me and alway held quit a high regard for it .
The bar is nice and the food was good .

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Peteoffaly,
Thank you for your recent stay at the Tullamore Court Hotel and for placing your review on Trip Advisor
Please be assured that we have taken your comments on board and I would like to apologise for any inconvenience you experienced. However I am glad to hear that your experience in the bar was a good one and that you enjoyed your food. Hopefully you still hold the hotel in high regard and we will have the opportunity to welcome you again to the hotel in the near future.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed June 5, 2013

The Tullamore Court hotel has truly got its breakfast act together. It has a good combination of a cold buffet table for the juices, cereals and breads with the hot elements, food and drink, all being served at one's table. In my extensive experience of dining out at this hour of the morning this seems to be the most successful formula. The staff are pleasant, and the background music, just that, in the background. A couple of times in the recent past I found myself in the area at around 8:30 in the morning, just the perfect time for the best value meal of the day. I dined there on a number of occasions.

On two mornings I had the kippers which were really very good and which I was told came from a supplier in Co Wexford. And they were perfectly cooked, not like one hotel staff member recently where I complained about the kippers being underdone remarked that I should have stated that I would like my fish well done on ordering! Oh how dreadfully ignorant.

Coffee in the TC was excellent and there was a good selection of breads and pastries to help fill up for the day. On another occasion I had the traditional Irish fry, which too was very good. And the meal served at the table here was ALWAYS hot. And it did not cost the earth. It still is the best value meal of the day here. Give it a try if you are nearby at this time of day.

The TC can teach a number of other establishments that I have been to in recent times where the breakfast has proved to be a big disappointment. I will not be returning to them, but you can be sure I will be back to the Tullamore Court.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Gretry,
Many thanks for your positive review; and for taking the time to write it up on trip advisor. I am delighted to hear that you consistently enjoy your breakfast with us and your overall experience of our Windmills Restaurant has been very positive! We endeavour to provide the highest level of customer service possible and we also pride ourselves on the standard of food that leaves our kitchens. We look forward to welcoming you again and again for breakfast at the Tullamore Court Hotel!
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a one night stay with my children and we enjoyed a lovely meal and the swimming pool. The staff were very nice and our waitress during dinner was lovely. Breakfast was great with lots to chose from. The only problem we had would have been with the bedroom. One of my children found the top of an aftershave bottle on the floor and sadly our jacuzzi bath wouldn't work. I would have liked a bin bag in the bedroom bin. It was quite noisy when the music started in the bar but otherwise we had a lovely time. If we ever get to that side of the country again we will stay. Thank you Tullamore Court Hotel :)

Dear Caroline C,
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that you received a high standard of service throughout. I am also delighted to hear you and your children enjoyed the food and the leisure centre facilities. Please be assured that we have taken your comments regarding your room on board and I would like to apologise for any inconvenience you experienced. Receiving feedback both positive and negative, helps us to ensure we are providing the best customer service possible. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Tullamore Court Hotel in the near future.
Reviewed May 27, 2013

1 Thank Caroline C
Dear Caroline C,
Monaghan, Ireland
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely two night stay here! Rooms were lovely and clean! Staff were very nice especially at reception, made to feel very welcome! Food in the bar was great and there is a great selection for breakfast! Would stay again.

Deal Lou 1108,
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that you received a high standard of service throughout and that you were happy with the facilities we provide. I am particularly delighted to hear of the excellent customer service you received at reception. We endeavour to provide the highest level of customer service possible. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel in the future and we hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in Tullamore!
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Very nice hotel with very helpful staff. Value for money €69 B&B. I didn't use the swimming pool but it looks very nice. Food in the bar is excellent, very good selection and well presented. Breakfast was cooked fresh and a good selection. A very enjoyable stay.

1 Thank Alex S
Dear Alex S,
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and I am also delighted to hear that you enjoyed your food in the bar and at breakfast in the Restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel in the future and we hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in Tullamore!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullamore
Bridge House Hotel, Spa and Leisure Club
The Killeshin Hotel
The Killeshin Hotel
#2 of 4 in Portlaoise
Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone

Been to Tullamore Court Hotel? Share your experiences!