“Amazing food”

Tullamore Court Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Tullamore
“Amazing food”
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner on the 27th of december the food was amazingly good and the service was first class.The restaurant manager was extremely professional and friendly, his attention to detail was very much appreciated as i was cold and he brought a draft screen to our table without any comment from our party. Thank you so much and i hope to return soon.
Patricia

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Patricia S
Tullamore C, Director of Sales at Tullamore Court Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Patricia S,
Many thanks for your positive review; and for taking the time to write it up on trip advisor.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that you enjoyed a high standard of service throughout. I am particularly delighted to hear that you enjoyed your meal and your overall experience of our Windmills Restaurant was a positive one. We endeavour to provide the highest level of customer service possible and we also pride ourselves on the standard of food that leaves our kitchens. We look forward to welcoming you to the Tullamore Court Hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards
Catherine Killeen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Czech first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed here for the New year with family and friends first time to stay here ... great entertainment for the kids at night time and kids loved the swimming pool .....Rooms were very very clean .....Staff very helpfull to any of out requests ......Food was excellent ... What more can i stay only well done to all and thank you for a very good start to our new year looking forward to staying again...
The Taaffe Family

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank taaffefiona
Dear taffefiona,
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that you enjoyed a high standard of service throughout. I am also delighted to hear you enjoyed the food and the leisure centre facilities. Receiving customer comments and feedback both positive and negative, helps us to ensure we are providing the best customer service possible. We look forward to welcoming you to the Tullamore Court Hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards
Kildare
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I attended a concert on Saturday 5th January in the Tullamore Court Hotel.The reception staff was very friendly and helpfull. The receptionist staff remembered me from my last visit.The room was warm and confortable. The food in the restraunt was a bit pricey but ok. Its a well run and organised hotel. well done to everyone. Martin

Room Tip: My brother joe concert at Tullamore.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear martin m,
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that you received a high standard of service throughout. I am particularly delighted to hear of the excellent customer service you received at reception on checking in. I will pass on your positive comments to all the team.

We endeavour to provide the highest level of customer service possible. We look forward to welcoming you to the Tullamore Court Hotel in the near future.

Regards,
d2
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

So I went here for New Years with family and friends. I've been here a few times over the past few years and would always travel with a group of people. I would always recommend this hotel to my friends and family but would think twice about it after this trip.
No complaints checking in, reception staff are fab and rooms are good, would recommend the executive rooms, their excellent. On the first night my husband and kids had booked in for dinner in the restaurant. When we sat down at table the only menu they were serving on the night had 4 starters, 4 mains and that was it! They would let us order off the Alacarte menu as they said they had 170 people for dinner and couldn't accommodate everyone.
I understood but we left as there was nothing on the menu we could/wanted to eat. It was disappointing as we had all got dressed up and kids were looking forward to it. ALL they had to do was inform us of this when booking!
We got food in the bar, salmon was very dry, mash was lumpy. Some waitresses not writing the orders down so we were having to ask for things over and over again . Any other time we've been there the food was lovely, so I'm assuming its new staff in kitchen/bar etc.
same thing was happening to others in our party. Asked for garlic bread and it came out smothered in a tomato sauce!!
Asked for hot beef sambo and it was freezing and like rubber, no butter on bread! Left waiting on coffees for ages, waitress coming over saying she forgot our orders etc.
When your paying top money for hotels and food at Xmas time short staff/inexperience staff should not be an excuse!
New Year's Eve came and we were told no children allowed in the bar area, so we sat along the side. Barely anyone in the bar, children wanted to dance on dance floor but we couldn't let the as we couldn't see what they were doing. Band came on and sang aul Lang Zion with no countdown at midnight, no one knew it was 12! They stopped singing and went on a break after that!
Granted it was a nice touch that hotel gave out champagne to all. But what a sham!!
To the hotel.......Please if your looking and advertising it as a family hotel, don't treat us like leppers when it suits you! Especially on New Years when you know families are going to want to celebrate together.
Very disappointed this time round, time to look at other hotels and so will the group I was with and from what I could gather from other families there, they'll be looking else where as well. There was 16 in our immediate group and then another group of 20.

Not to round it on a bad note, thanks to the manger of the breakfast area for getting our food sent to our room on New Year's Day at short notice. Very accommodating . Breakfast I'd lovely btw.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank mbmoore
Dear mbmoore,
We were disappointed that you and your family didn’t experience our usual high level of standards and service throughout your stay. Please be assured that we have taken your comments on board and I would like to apologise for the problems that you experienced during your stay. We pride ourselves on the high quality of food our chefs produce, the high levels of customer service we provide and on being a family friendly hotel. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you, your family and friends to the hotel for your next trip away together and we will be able to demonstrate the highest standards and level of service for which The Tullamore Court Hotel is Known.

Kind Regards,
Kilkenny
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is in a very location in Tullamore. There is short distance between hotel and main street of the town. The staff in the Tullamore Court are excellent at reception and also at serving the good food that is available in the hotel. The leasure center is very good with the 20 meter pool. In summary this hotel is good value for money and is well worth a visit as i will do again.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Hughmahon,
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that you received a high standard of service throughout. I am also delighted to hear you enjoyed the food and the leisure centre facilities. Receiving customer comments and feedback both positive and negative, helps us to ensure we are providing the best customer service possible. We look forward to welcoming you to the Tullamore Court Hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,
tullamore
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed in the Tullamore Court Hotel for one night recently. We were attending a family wedding and we decided to treat ourselves. I found the staff friendly and welcoming,The room did not seem very fresh - there was a stale smell in it. It needs a facelift as the decor seems tired. Also there was noise coming into the room from underneath(still at 2.30am)it seemed like a hand dryer which was in use down stairs but I could hear it each time it was used despite the fact that I was on the second floor.The breakfast seemed to have been cooked for a while as it was rather crispy.I was disappointed about that as I love my breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Maureentullamore,
Thank you for your recent stay at the Tullamore Court Hotel and for placing your review on Trip Advisor. We were disappointed that you didn’t experience our usual high levels of standard and service throughout your stay. Please be assured that we have taken your comments on board and I would like to apologise for the problems that you experienced during your recent stay at the hotel. We are looking into the source of the noise you experienced. Often the source of noise such as you described can be attributed to air-conditioning units which are switched on during functions, such as the wedding you attended. We will endeavour to look into this and to have this issue resolved if possible. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you again to the hotel in the near future and we will be able to demonstrate the highest standards and level of service for which The Tullamore Court Hotel is Known.
Regards,
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed there as part of a conference and it was okay. The heating pipes banged during the night, we rang down and were kindly moved to a different room, which wasn't a great room. The first room was really nice was part of the new part. The food was okay. Some of bar staff wouldn't of being the nicest. breakfast was good. It was an average hotel, not terrible but not outstanding.

Room Tip: Try and get a room in the new part, they are far better.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank NCW88
Tullamore C, Director of Sales at Tullamore Court Hotel, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear NCW88,
Many thanks for your recent stay at the Tullamore Court Hotel & for placing your review onto Trip Advisor.
I would like to apologise for the problems that you experienced during your recent stay at the hotel. We are looking into the problems in relation to the pipes with our maintenance team and will endeavour to have this issue resolved soon.
We were disappointed to read your comments however take all your comments on board.
Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you to the hotel in the near future and we will be able to demonstrate our usual high levels of standard and service.
Kindest Regards,
Catherine Killeen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullamore
Bridge House Hotel, Spa and Leisure Club
Maldron Hotel Portlaoise
Maldron Hotel Portlaoise
#3 of 4 in Portlaoise
County Arms Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Tullamore Court Hotel? Share your experiences!