“Best lunch in town but”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of BK2 tullamore - CLOSED

BK2 tullamore
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Tullamore, Ireland
“Best lunch in town but”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I have to say quality of of the food is amazing, best lunch menu and the food in tullamore the only problem is the service and needs to be sort it out very soon cos nobody will take that kind of attitude for a long time

2 Thank alan c

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Went for brekkie with the women and all seemed fine as this was first time in this restaurant... This was new to us and as we walked in the door seen a menu displayed... Well inside ya may forget bout it cause what we ordered we were told no it's not on the menu??? Got sausage sandwich and deluxe breakfast well don't think deluxe was explained to these in school... It was crap sausages were sour and smelled terrible... I wouldn't serve them to my dog... Rotten...! Service was so bad wasn't felt welcomed or my custom seemed unappreciated... Girl was ignorant and felt like she didn't want to be there... I did though but that's changed forever... I'd advise to do somethin better with your money and just throw it in a bin because that's what I done. It was definitely not worth what was paid!!!!!!! Do yourself some justice and walk as far as bridge house or grennans or balcony restaurant in bridge center where you'll get value for your money... BK2 ITS NOT FOR YOU............

1 Thank Dandman25
laois
“Staff!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

Went there for breakfast this morning... the manager forgot a meal which we had ordered.I didn't mind this so much but when i asked about it he said I hadn't ordered it!! and was rude about it in the process... I didn't bother to get the meal as it would have taken too long!! When I went up to pay, he once again told me that I hadn't ordered. This was infuriating as I knew I had!! I said I did and he just shrugged his shoulders in a non concerned manner!! He said he didn't really care!! I told him that i found him so rude and he just walked away!! the food that came was good... but disappointing as we were missing a meal!! the kitchen staff seem to be very good but the staff and manager really let the place down!! the manager would really want to get his act together and find a management style that he can apply to his own skills and perhaps should retrain!! I worked in the trade for a large number of years myself so I know what it takes to manage a restaurant!! i also studied business in college and included in that was numerous management modules... The numerous fan heaters dotted across the restaurant wasn't appealing and we're ineffective as it was cold in the restaurant!! The rude manager and staff has turned me off the restaurant and I will not be returning again... I will also recommend family and friends to follow suit!! The good food was let down by abysmal service and ambiance!! The customer is always right... well not in the case of BK2!!

1 Thank rosenallislady
Ireland
“Great food let down by terrible service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

This place was recommended to me. I can see why with the quality of the food, presentation and overall price. However working in the industry i noticed a lot on the service end of it that would turn me off a return visit. I arrived just after lunch on my own a took a seat at a dirty table (my choice due to comfy seats). Waitress came straight away to clean table (good sign). However she didnt wipe the table down properly and left food bits on the table. I wanted a burger but they had sold out so ordered lasagne. Asked for water which was dropped in front of me with nothing said. Glass was dirty on the outside u could feel it. While waiting on my food i looked around. There were bits of food on nearly all the chairs around me and a big lump of bread walked into the ground beside my table. I was amazed to see small portable fan heaters dotted around the room of a new restaurant. Food came quite quick. Again dropped in front of me and nothing said this time by what looked like the manager. No do you need anything else no enjoy your meal nothing. Nobody checked while i was eating to see if i needed anything else even though i could have done with more water. Food was great. Finished and waited 20 mins to be cleared. Ordered a latte again just dropped nothing said. Went to put sugar in and realised the sugar sachets were stuck to the bowl holding them. Went to pay the manager. Took payment. Didnt ask if i enjoyed everything and didnt even thank me when i paid. Although the food was great and value for money i didnt feel valued uas a customer and the front of house is really letting the kitchen team down. There are other places that are just as good for food and where you get quality service.

4 Thank jsw101
tullamore
“they seem to make a real effort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

had lunch with the boyfriend , had simple burger and chips , they put alot of effort into there food presentation , maybe a bit to much for simple lunch, salads on the side were lush , the burger meat wasnt great or of good quality and heavily flavoured which i wasnt expecting would prefer it to be mentioned that it wasnt plain beef , alot of friends have said the tapas at night are really good so will be trying it soon .

• Visited March 2013