“Friendly atmosphere with a very personal touch”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tullamore
Clonamore House Hotel
Ranked #9 of 12 Tullamore B&B and Inns
“Friendly atmosphere with a very personal touch”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed in this hotel and it's the place I would reccomend to friends and family.Good choice of menu and full bar which was very homely.personal touches made me feel more part of the family than paying guest

• Stayed October 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Having been here some time ago, what a lovely greeting we received upon arrival from the chickens and ducks as they roamed around the grounds quite freely and happily. I now know the true meaning of 'free range eggs'. Upon arriving to reception, having walked only 10 metres from where we parked and could leave our car, we received a very warm welcome. We had driven for some hours and my wife was delighted to have a pedicure and manicure without an appointment at the 'in-house' beauty clinic, and very good value it was.

We had arrived at 3pm and at 6pm we decided to have food in the bar, and it is wonderful that one can order anything that is not on the menu. Our daughter wanted mixed vegetables and potatoes only (they happily obliged), my wife had chicken maryland and I ordered food not on the menu, some of their wonderful homemade brown soda bread with pineapple, crispy bacon and melted cheese on top, with a portion of chips. Nothing one orders in food appears to be a problem to the chefs here. The food and the real hand-cut homemade chips are just fantastic. Breakfast was just wonderful, everything is freshly cooked to order and served at the table. One is also given their own coffee pot, something I love.

The room was furnished to a standard that I have seen in some 4* hotels, which I have stayed in from time to time around the world. The bathroom even had a little tube of colgate toothpaste supplied. One parks their car only a few steps from reception and it is free and there is also free wifi, these are two things that big hotels can sometimes 'rob' their guests for with excessive charges!

The second evening was so nice we sat out the front of the hotel and had dinner there, so relaxing watching the chickens and ducks move around the well kept huge lawn area. Our 9 year old daughter was so well catered for, we all love this hotel.

A nice touch is the fact it is possible to have a civil marriage ceremony here and have the reception, very convenient for any intending couple.

Tullamore town centre is only one mile away, and a lovely town it is. Good for shopping a great range of restaurants.

My wish is that someday there will be many, many more hotels like this one which are in places that we visit. "A great quality stay at very reasonable prices"

Room Tip: This is a very quiet hotel, I would think all of the rooms are to a high standard.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jobone2
Dublin
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Stayed in Clonamore House Hotel last Saturday night. Was shown to a room with two big windows overlooking the front garden, which had hens and ducks waddling around pecking at the grass.
The room was spacious, plenty of room to walk around, loads of storage space, a big double bed and a good size separate bathroom. Most importantly it was spotlessly clean.
I was out for the evening and had gone for a walk along the canal that goes through Tullamore.
Tullamore is a great spot for walkers as there are some pretty easy walks along the canal or in through the forest at Charleville Castle as well as some more challenging ones not too far away in the Slieve Bloom mountains. At this time of year it is easy to loose track of time as it doesn't seem to get dark until after nine. When I arrived back at the hotel it was well after the time set out for serving food. The owners of the hotel were sitting up at the bar relaxing and they and a group of customers were watching Mrs. Browns Boys on the telly. Despite the interruption Frank and Veronica went to check if there was any food left to make me a sandwich and came out with not just a sandwich but a little salad and packet of crisps on the side.
I felt well taken care of in this friendly family run hotel. Joining the owners and their customers in the bar watching telly that night felt like I had just come into a home and been asked to join the company with a cup of tea and sandwich. It was small and intimate, people laughed and talked with fellow holiday makers or travellers and still there was enough space to go and just be by yourself if you wanted.
I think a lot of hotels could learn from the example of this hotel. Definitely a place I will be back to.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Frieze
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Went to Tullamore for a friends birthday early June. Stayed in Clonamore House Hotel and was very pleasantly surprised...to be honest every other hotel in Tullamore was booked out so some of us stayed here. It's a lovely small hotel with quaint farming surroundings including the hens having a stroll. The family are so friendly. Couldn't do enough for you. The man of the house even dropped us into town! Extremely clean and a lovely breakfast. Totally recommend it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dublin
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Stayed at this hotel whilst in town for a wedding.
Room fab, food great. Everyone very friendly, could not do enough for you. Can't wait to return. Special thanks to Carol, hope you got to watch the football

M&D Dunne

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mary D
Tullamore, Ireland
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Went for bar food. Ordered 2 lasagnes and they were freezing cold. Got them back and they were reheated in a microwave. I did ask for a childs portion for my 4 year old and she was given an adults portion. I found 2 pieces of tin foil in mine so we left them and didnt eat them. Went to pay and me and my daughter were charged 9.50 each. I said i asked for a childs portion and they took 2 euro off. Disgraceful that we didnt even eat the dinner. Will not be back and will also be advising my distant family who come to Tullamore to stay to book in elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Tulltown2
Tullamore, Ireland
Reviewed March 19, 2012

we stopped in to clonamore house on the way to dublin few weeks ago for breakfast it was really good ,thanks.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family