“Not Good At All!!”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Monaghan
Armagh, United Kingdom
“Not Good At All!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2007

Stayed at this hotel for a wedding. Family room booked for two adults and two children. Room just ok. Two very very uncomfortable sofa bed for kids in the living area - the youngest childs bed collapsed and we had to prop it up with the cushions from the sofa... springs visible and uncomfortable to sit on least to lie on. Other bedroom in the suite and bathroom just ok.

Unfortunately of all the hotels we have stayed in this was the worst - didn't come up to our expectations or our standard but we paid the same (if not more) as other more superior hotels. Breakfast the next morning - avoid. It was terrible. The poorest selection of juice, cereals ever. Went to choose from the hot section and a nasty lady served up a luke warm fry, which must have been cooked hours before.

A truely disapppointing and expensive overnight stay. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

• Liked — Unfortunately I liked nothing
  • Disliked — The horrible uncomfortable beds in the living area for the kids
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank ArmaghIreland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Polish first
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2007

I stayed at the 4 seasons for a weekend to celebrate a few of us turning 30 and would definitely return. I had to make a few changes to the original booking and found the staff to be extremely efficient and helpful on every occasion. This continued from the moment we checked in until we checked out. Everyone in our party commented on how helpful and lovely all the staff were. We ate in both restaurants, the Avenue food was excellent and a lovely setting for an intimate dinner or special occasion. The bar could get very noisy at times and there were 2 weddings on each of the days we were there so it was packed with wedding guests in the late afternoon. That said, they soon went into the receptions and these were very self contained and didn't impact on our stay.
The rooms were comfortable with the bathrooms having obviously recently had a refurb which was very modern and stylish with a great shower!
The only complaint I would have about the room was that we were put in a smoking room despite not being asked to specify and there was the smell of stale smoke evident when we first went in.
We also made full use of the facilities,the swimming pool, outdoor hot tub, sauna and steam room were all spotless and well maintained. A couple of the girls had treatments in the spa but were disappointed to see that there is only one treatment room and they had to have pedicures done in their rooms, which kind of did take away from it, the treatments were also felt to be a tad over priced for what you got.

That said, overall we all thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend it to anyone heading to Monaghan.

• Liked — The staff and the outdoor hot tub
  • Disliked — Stale smoke smell in the room
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
2 Thank finn77
Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2007

The room I stayed in was like a room at a travelodge or motel. As far as I know, this hotel has a 4 star rating...? Now I would love if somebody could tell me why!? The decor in the room was extremely old fashioned and there was stains on the carpet and on the wooden dressers and table. There was a stale smell and the curtains were not even fitted properly. The bathroom wasn't clean and I spotted hair on the tiles that did NOT belong to me! I felt so uncomfortable in this room for my entire stay. I have stayed in many hotels far far superior than this one and they did not have a 4 star rating or the ridiculous expense. Please take my advice, stay away from this hotel as it is seriously overpriced and you will NOT get what you paid for!

• Liked — Our room was at the end of a long hallway so I wasn't disturbed too much by the noise of the weddings guests.
  • Disliked — Cleaniness, the smell, the decor....... I could go on!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
5 Thank TravelBugIreland

Travelers are raving about these Monaghan hotels

ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2007

Have just spent weekend here with husband and 3 children. Room was big enough but quite shabby, some things needed a bit of attention like cleaning, especially toilet. Brochure in room was useless. You expect to find all information about hotel and surrounding areas. There was a wedding on Saturday and it was very noisy, especially if you have young children.
I would have loved some reflexology, but.
Was told I had to ring whoever gave the treatments. I was absoutely very disapointed. The food was lovely, but I found a burger and chips or fish and chips a bit pricey. Having said that when I booked over the phone the receptionist was very very nice, BUT when we were leaving, it seemed to be get your money and get going.

Won't be back here.

• Liked — Food
  • Disliked — cleaniless and not enough information
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank Mgt.
ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2007

Arrived in the hotel for the weekend. First person we meet was the receptionist she was the rude. Found the rooms to be very small. My husband needs a machine to use when sleeping. Ask the same receptionist could she get a long lead to use to plug in. her answer was ask some one I in bar.The food was very nice. . All The rest of the staff was very nice.

• Liked — the food
  • Disliked — receptionist
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mothergal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monaghan
Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure & Spa
#1 of 1 in Castleblayney
Armagh City Hotel
Armagh City Hotel
#1 of 1 in Armagh

Been to Four Seasons Hotel and Leisure Club? Share your experiences!