“Very friendly and helpful staff, great value”

Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure & Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Monaghan
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed at the hill grove for a wedding. We got a good rate, and I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the room which was bright and clean with lovely finishings. The bathroom was excellent. I was most impressed with the staff, and the facilities. I got my hair and make up done in the salon / spa, the results were excellent and again,the price was very reasonable. However, I have to hand it to the staff - I managed to lose my sunglasses and leave my coat in the salon. Both were expensive, and both were handed into the reception, who were very helpful when I rang frantically the next day. They were posted back to me within the week! I would definitely stay again

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ESwift_13

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Recently stayed at the hillgrove for two nights. When we arrived it was very busy, but it only took a couple of minutes to check in. The staff were very friendly andaccomodating. The menus for both the restaurant and the bar are extensive and reasonably priced. We are looking forward to staying there again in the near future

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 342marsue342
Reviewed April 25, 2013

On arrival there was a wedding in the reception which made me feel totally under dressed. However check in was prompt and we quickly made our way to the room. I think we had a new room as was spacious, roomy and modern feel yet homely.

We had B&B and dinner in the rate. The dinner was lovely and even though on a Supervalu break there was a good choice on the menu and not too restrictive. Service was attentive even though it was busy. The Leisure facilities were great, although full of families on Sunday morning. It was clean and not too crowded.

I would definitely stay again for a relaxing over night.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2013

love this hotel even with the big pink chair which is abit out of place. the only thing i dont like is they have no carvery on week days like other hotels near by. just bar food with a menu thats is bigger than some of the tables. food in the menu just not as good as carvery and at a higher price. carvery in it at weekends is so good and they even find you a seat

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank siobhanmonaghan
HotelOwnerMonaghan, Director of Sales at Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Siobhan
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we are delighted that you love it. The pink chair is part of recent renovations we have just finished and has had some very positive feedback, although we realise it will not be to everyone’s taste. You mentioned that we do not offer carvery during the week and the reason is firstly due to customer feedback and secondly that other establishments offer it. We aim to offer a different user experience in the Hillgrove Hotel and our popular bistro and restaurant menu reflect this.
Sharon McMahon
Sales & Marketing Manager

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed on the 5th of april 2013 while attending a wedding. The only problem i have with the hillgrove(everything else was good) was the bedroom. To say the room was dated is an understatement. PVC cladding in the bathroom instead of tiles or its been stuck over tiles looked terrible in a 4 star hotel!! Only i was in the bridal party and arrived late into the room i wouldnt have stayed in it. Aparently they have nice rooms in the hotel but im not sure how you get one.......................

Room Tip: Ask for a nice room!!!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank rosscopeeko

Dear Rosscopeeko
Firstly I want to thank you for your overall comments about our Hotel. I am sorry that the bedroom did not meet your expectations. All the rooms in the hotel have been upgraded 3 times since the current owners took over in 2005 with all the bedrooms being recently decorated before Christmas. All the facilities in all the rooms are the same, albeit the newer rooms built in 2006 have no pvc cladding in the bathrooms. Pvc cladding is also considered very hygienic.
Thanks
Sharon McMahon
Sales & Marketing Manager

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hilltop Hotel for a hen party.From the moment I stepped into the hotel I was greeted by the friendly staff who could not do enough for us.nothing was ever a problem and from ordering drinks, room service etc everything was prompt and immediate.that particular weekend it appeared there were a few hens, a wedding and other parties and yet we were all treated liked royalty. I would highly recommend this hotel and hope to return again soon with my family for yet another fantastic stay

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed in the Hillgrove as part of a hen party weekend. From start to finish i could not fault it. Staff were so helpful and accomadating from the moment we walked in. We had dinner there on the Saturday night and was gorgeous. Transport was provided straight away for us to head down town. I had not heard of many hen parties in Monaghan and we were a bit sceptical but i would def recommend it was a brillant weekend.

Room Tip: i did not use the spa or leisure facilities so i cannot rate it.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monaghan
Four Seasons Hotel and Leisure Club
Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort
The Glencarn Hotel
The Glencarn Hotel
#1 of 1 in Castleblayney

Been to Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure & Spa? Share your experiences!