Stayed for 2 nights with dinner included. Check in was very efficient and the receptionist was very pleasant, however we were never made aware of opening times of amenities like the spa, leisure centre or even breakfast. However the information is available in the folder in your room.
Found breakfast to be very average, nothing special.
Room was very nice and clean, along with the bathroom, was very big and clean.
The leisure centre closes at 6pm on a sunday, which is very early, even in off season!!
The restaurant was closed sunday night we had to have our meal in the bar, it was the same menu. Bar is nice and spacious.
Bar staff are very friendly and quick, although I didnt appreciate being asked to sign and close my bill before I was finished, just because the floor staff wanted to go home. Also i dont approve of staff drinking in the bar when they are finished work. Doesnt seem professional.
Also for such a lovely hotel some of the decor is awfully tacky. Life sized cut outs of celebrities and pictures of womens faces gasping above the mens urinals are a bit daft in a 4 star hotel!
Also asked reception to ring a taxi to go into town. A very dodgy and worn out ford transit bus with no taxi sign or taxi meter pulled up and this was our taxi!! I thought it was a bit suspect, but it was €5 into town and the taxi man was very friendly!!
All in all its a nice hotel with nice staff and I would go back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 'Majestically Magical' 4 Star Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure & Spa is the ideal location for fabulous break away. Less than an hour's drive from Belfast and Dublin the Hotel boasts 87 beautifully decorated bedrooms, including Suites with Jacuzzis. Enjoy their fabulous Leisure Club with Swimming Pool, Jacuzzi, Steam Room, Sauna, Gym & Outdoor Hot Tub. You will love their luxurious Lir Spa & Wellness Centre and Hair at Hillgrove Hair Salon. The Hotel also has a superb Restaurant, Bistro, Bars, Banqueting Suites & Conference Centre. Specialising in Girlie Breaks, Murder Mysteries, Spa Packages and Family Breaks. 7 hours Free Kids Club every weekend and daily during school holidays. Bouncy Castle, Games Room, Play Areas & Outdoor Playground. Walking distance from Monaghan Town. The Hillgrove Hotel has been Awarded as the Number One Family Hotel in Ireland, Ulster's Best Wedding Venue, is Tripadvisor's Number 1 Hotel in Monaghan and in Top 25 Hotels in Ireland. Indulge and Enjoy! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure And Spa
- Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure Hotel Monaghan
- Hillgrove Hotel Monaghan