We had a lovely weekend break at this hotel which was recommended by a friend.
The Hillgrove is an older hotel which has been renovated and modernly decorated.
The staff at this hotel are so lovely, every one of them, nothing is a problem and they are so friendly, I do not think I have ever come across nicer staff.
We we given lovely rooms with four poster beds as a request for my brother's birthday which I had advised them off at the time of booking, it was nice that the hotel acted on my request and provided the rooms. The rooms are lovely, modern, clean, spacious, lovely bathroom and we felt very comfy and at home. The hotel was also very quiet at night.
The food is really good both in the bar and the restaurant. We received a four course evening meal as part of our break which was excellent value for what we got with plenty of food and it was not a problem if we wanted more sides etc. I thought the cooked breakfast was just okay but there was a good selection of food available.
The Spa is quite small and is nice enough but I have seen a lot nicer. The treatments however were excellent and so were the staff and the treatments were not the most expensive. The pool was a nice temperature.
Very close to town of Monaghan which is good.
Overall we had a lovely weekend and would definitely visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 'Majestically Magical' 4 Star Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure & Spa is the ideal location for fabulous break away. Less than an hour's drive from Belfast and Dublin the Hotel boasts 87 beautifully decorated bedrooms, including Suites with Jacuzzis. Enjoy their fabulous Leisure Club with Swimming Pool, Jacuzzi, Steam Room, Sauna, Gym & Outdoor Hot Tub. You will love their luxurious Lir Spa & Wellness Centre and Hair at Hillgrove Hair Salon. The Hotel also has a superb Restaurant, Bistro, Bars, Banqueting Suites & Conference Centre. Specialising in Girlie Breaks, Murder Mysteries, Spa Packages and Family Breaks. 7 hours Free Kids Club every weekend and daily during school holidays. Bouncy Castle, Games Room, Play Areas & Outdoor Playground. Walking distance from Monaghan Town. The Hillgrove Hotel has been Awarded as the Number One Family Hotel in Ireland, Ulster's Best Wedding Venue, is Tripadvisor's Number 1 Hotel in Monaghan and in Top 25 Hotels in Ireland. Indulge and Enjoy! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure And Spa
- Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure Hotel Monaghan
- Hillgrove Hotel Monaghan