“Great nights crack” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Andy's

Andy's
Ranked #3 of 35 Restaurants in Monaghan
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Irish, European, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Monaghan town's longest established family run restaurant (1983). We specialise is fresh food - all homemade from starters to desserts. We have house specialities such as our Garlic Mushroms and Chicken Monaghan. We have a private dining room that can accommodate up to twenty people for functions
Derry, United Kingdom
“Great nights crack”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

The food was lovely and staff were very friendly. Food was well priced as there were fourteen off us went for a birthday party

Visited January 2014
killygoan, Owner at Andy's, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Many thanks for the review
It certainly was a great night particularly Marion's birthday cake with the additional 10 years!
Look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Monaghan

Monaghan, Ireland
“Family gathering”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

At Christmas time I had a choice of going to Tayto park or Andys for family meal. I chose Andys as I adore their food especially CHICKEN MONAGHAN There staff are very friendly and really make a fuss to us children Aisling always gives us a lolly pop when we're finished. I just love going for a special treat meal to andys. This is by a 8 year old local Monaghan girl.

killygoan, Owner at Andy's, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
To my youngest Tripadvisor Reviewer (only eight) that has great taste!
Lovely to receive your review with yet another mention for Chicken Monaghan!! Look forward to seeing all the family soon. I will tell Aisling to stock up well on the lolly pops!

Holywood, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

On a holiday to Monaghan we fell upon this lovely restaurant. The meal was one of the best I've ever had and the Monaghan sauce was amazeballs. Kevin and his staff were all very friendly and attentive. Would definitely recommend!!

killygoan, Owner at Andy's, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Many thanks for you your review and of course the mention! Chicken Monaghan really is the firm favourite and gets so many mentions here on Tripadvisor. Look forward to seeing you both the next time your home.

Armagh, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, Excellent Service and Great atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

We had a great night when we attended the restaurant a week or so ago with a group of friends.
Both the service and food was excellent.
Looking forward to when we can visit again.

Andrew

Many thanks for your review as promised! It was a great night and that was a really lovely group of people in your company. It all worked out very well there was a lovely atmosphere in the restaurant that evening. No doubt that I will see you both soon in Andy's

Regards Kevin
Monaghan, Ireland
“another top class scrumptious meal.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

I have just got to review andys again, I had a truly delicious meal there last night jan 9th 2013, my friend and I had decided to have the chicken Maryland, which we had a few weeks ago with a group of girls for our Christmas night out, so we wanted to try it again. Even though it is not on the menu, I asked Shannon the lovely waitress if it was possible to order, of course there was no problem, Ciaran the head of the Redmond clan was our chef last night. well firstly the presentation was just a work of art, there was the deep fried banana, the deep fried pineapples and much to our delight and taste was the deep fried strawberry ( I know, the whole dish is very calorific, but we were out to enjoy ourselves ), we had never had the deep fried strawberry before, it was beautiful, the chicken it self was so light and juicy and the breadcrumb covering was lovely, I can still taste this dish as I write this and I am drooling over the memory. we had a portion of chunky handcut chips and some gorgeous cramy garlic potatoes. we had actually been looking forward to the double chocolate fudge cake for desert but neither of us were able for another bite. I forgot to mention while we were having our first drink and looking at the menu we were served a complimentary dish of spicy wedges and garlic dip, which were divine.

Fiona,
Thanks yet again for another very positive review - this one even managed to get read out on the Friday that it was published by Tripadvisor! Not many reviews have had that privilege. All the lads in the kitchen were delighted to hear your positive comments. Shannon is really starting to make a very positive name for herself not only in Andy's but also on Tripadvisor - she is getting so many positive mentions. Hard to think that before August she never worked in this industry, experience most certainly is not everything as well I know. Dad really loved your comments about dish been "a work of art" because he busily prepares little flowers/garnishes etc. Sometimes you would wonder - does anybody notice? Yes, they actually do, (well some do!) Sean even improved the double chocolate fudge cake a few weeks ago if this was possible. So thank you once again for your very positive reviews which made a kitchen crew very happy one Friday night!

Regards Kevin