“good food. home styled”

Andy's
Ranked #3 of 39 Restaurants in Monaghan
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Monaghan town's longest established family run restaurant (1983). Sean cooks the food, Aisling runs the restaurant (makes the most superb desserts) and downstairs Kevin is famous for his Gin collection! Renowned for our 30 day dry aged beef aged and butchered in-house by Sean. House specialties include Garlic Mushrooms and Chicken Monaghan. Over 75 premium gins from around the world in stock! Kevin's gins have featured in the Sun newspaper, Daily Mail and the Sunday World. Andy's - the largest seller of non-alcoholic gin in Ireland, according to Richmond Marketing. We have a private dining room that can accommodate up to twenty people for functions
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Wonderful place for a meal, friendly staff excellent food with good service. Also reasonably priced.Would go again

1  Thank pmck2013
killygoan, Owner at Andy's, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Many thanks for your review, short and to the point - a lesson to other as how to wirite a good review. I hope you enjoyed your time in Ireland, and many thanks for calling in with us.

Best wishes Kevin

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful staff, atmosphere is very laid back and friendly. Good place for children, I bring my 6yr old daughter and 7month old son here a lot. Food is devine! My favourite is the prawn cocktail and for mains the creamy chicken and mushroom. I'm salivating thinking of it now.

Catherine,
Great to receive your review. My newest member of staff - Shannon is proving to be great with children, she has a genuine interest in children, makes them feel important, chats to them, and I suppose very importantly she will arrange some ice-cream or a lolly! Sales in our creamy chicken and mushroom have risen dramatically recently - I wonder why? Look forward to seeing you all soon.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Friendly, helpful staff. Delicious food that's well presented. Very homely. Highly recommend "the garlic chicken" . Very good value for money.

Noel
Your review was great many thanks for that. you maybe surprised to know that the garlic chicken would not be our biggest seller, the Chicken Monaghan would out sell it many times over. In saying that I have customers that will only come in for it. I'm glad that we have not lost our "homely" touch either, that is crucial and helps Andy's stand out from the crowd.

Best wishes and look forward to seeing back soon

Kevin

Reviewed August 23, 2013

The mark of a good restaurant is not necessarily its size, but the quality of its food and the generosity of its staff.

For those of you searching for a culinary experience like no other, look no further than Andy's restaurant. Some of the finest dining experiences I've had has been in Andy's. There is a fantastic choice of dishes all very reasonably priced and the food is cooked to perfection. The staff is so polite and efficient, making your dining experience even more enjoyable. Without a doubt this is defiantly the pick of all restaurants in Monaghan town.

Thank you for your review. Staff - and having nice staff is a very important part of Andy's. This point shines through in your review. I think the people of Monaghan are blessed when it comes to restaurants - as they are all excellent, but thank you for making us No.1!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

My Husband and I have eaten here several times and I must say it's one of the nicest places to eat out in Monaghan town. The staff are very friendly and efficient, the food is excellent and they use local produce when possible.
Well worth a visit!

1  Thank Claire H

Many thanks for you positive review and thank you for your loyal custom. We are finding that it really does matter by using locally sourced produce and promoting it. I look forward to seeing you back soon.