“Andy's does it again!”

Andy's
Ranked #3 of 39 Restaurants in Monaghan
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Monaghan town's longest established family run restaurant (1983). Sean cooks the food, Aisling runs the restaurant (makes the most superb desserts) and downstairs Kevin is famous for his Gin collection! Renowned for our 30 day dry aged beef aged and butchered in-house by Sean. House specialties include Garlic Mushrooms and Chicken Monaghan. Over 75 premium gins from around the world in stock! Kevin's gins have featured in the Sun newspaper, Daily Mail and the Sunday World. Andy's - the largest seller of non-alcoholic gin in Ireland, according to Richmond Marketing. We have a private dining room that can accommodate up to twenty people for functions
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Just returned from an excellent meal at Andy's. It never fails to impress and with a warm welcome, pleasant surroundings, efficient service, a menu with great choice what more could you ask for? The little extras such as the unexpected dessert with candles for my Mum's birthday all helped to make the night.
Great to see local produce being used and the fact that it is a family run place definitely creates a great atmosphere.
We will be back soon!

2  Thank LeOlwyn
killygoan, Owner at Andy's, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Many thanks for your kind review, it is always a pleasure you server yourself, your mother and Bertie. That was a great evening, look forward to seeing you all soon

Kevin

Reviewed June 12, 2013

After spending 3 weeks in Tenerife living on poor quality hotel fare we just couldn't wait to have a proper meal in Andy,s and as usual we were not disappointed. Andy,s is without doubt one of the best restaurants in this part of Ireland and richly deserves all the rewards received over many years. The quality of the food is superb with the menu constantly changing to reflect the seasonal nature of fish, meats vegetables and fruits. Staff very friendly and efficient especially during busy times. Kevin,s management style is efficient easy going and very friendly. With him the customer is KING. Check the amazing painting on canvas of Kevin,s sister Aisling on the back wall which many people mistake for a photograph
Mary & Declan

1  Thank decmar-13
killygoan, Owner at Andy's, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Many thanks for your lovely review and especially the personal mention! I think my job is made so much easier when I have the pleasure of serving customers like yourselves. I suppose I do view the customer as KING but I think I would view people like yourselves as personal friends. I always enjoy are wee chats. P.S. our dry aged beef is something special and even starting to get a mention here on Tripadvisor.

Look forward to seeing you both soon

Kevin

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I visited Andy's with family and visitors from New Zealand. I have lived in the area for 20 years so I knew what to expect and I was not disappointed. My visitors from overseas were extremely impressed with the menu as Andy's have alot of Gluten Free dishes. This is essential for people with family or friends who are coeliac but generally not easily available. Kevin (owner) had confirmed the booking and greeted us on arrival. Then Janette (waitress) looked after us during our meal. Once our orders had been placed and our drinks brought to the table, complimentary wedges with an extremely yummy garlic dip arrived (and were quickly devoured!) The whole meal and experience was very relaxed and enjoyable and the food was seriously good. Can't wait until my next visit...!!!

1  Thank OscarPip
killygoan, Owner at Andy's, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Many thanks for you detailed review, it was great to meet you and your friends from New Zealand. The gluten free options are proving very popular and growing in demand. Thank you from mentioning the complimentary wedges customers that have not ordered a starter really appreciate this little touch. Since you were last with us we now offer in-house dry aged steak which is a minimum 28. this is also making a good difference - incremental changes and constantly looking at what we do I think is so important.
Look forward to seeing you soon.

Kevin Redmond

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I live in belfast and have been travelling to andys for the last 20 years. We where there today and as always the food and service were excellent. I would highly recommend their garlic mushrooms, there own special recipe and 1 of a kind. If u do dine in andys u won't b disappointed.

1  Thank Maryceline
killygoan, Owner at Andy's, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Many thanks for your very positive review, the garlic mushroom are a bit special we pride ourselves on the generous portion, I think this is important. I look forward to seeing you both the next time that you are passing through Monaghan on your way home.

Regards KEvin

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Visited Andy's for the first time on Sunday Evening, after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor I booked a table using the email service from the Website. The Andy's experience started straight away a swift confirmation via the next morning with a friendly reply from Kevin.
Calling in early to check the place out, I met Kevin personally who was a very personable and generous to boot!!
The whole experience from meeting the Owner to Caroline the waitress brought the warmth and relaxed atmosphere of the bar/restaurant. The Seabass was recommended, the food and the service was faultless, although in the next visit downstairs would be the choice of eating.
Anyone who is visiting or lives near by i would whole heartly recommend Andy's it is simply and Amazing place.....

1  Thank Tommyrob7
killygoan, Owner at Andy's, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Tommy

Kevin here from Andy's. I was checking through my Tripadvisor replies and I was disappointed to see that I did not have a reply to your excellent review. I replied at the time but it was not published for some reason. So I have to put that right. It was great to meet you both and I am really delighted that you enjoyed your meal with us here in Monaghan. I look forward to seeing you back here in Monaghan in the near future.

All the very best Kevin