“Incredible experience! ”

Book In Advance
More Info
$58.59*
and up
Boyne Valley, Celtic Ireland & Trim Castle...
Ranked #2 of 10 Tours in County Meath
More attraction details
Owner description: Private Day Tours of the Boyne Valley, County Meath, rich in heritage and history. Visit the heritage capital of Ireland as your personal driver brings you from one location to the other to stroll around at your ease. Take a suggested tour or design your own. Since your tour is personalised, you will be picked up from your accommodation in the Meath / Dublin area.
Reviewed October 3, 2016 via mobile

Michael was a fantastic private tour guide who truly made our time in Ireland memorable. We hired Michael to take us from Dublin to Newgrange and the Boyne Valley. We were a group of three - my wife and I both in our early thirties and her mother in her mid-70s. It was our first time in Ireland and after spending a day taking in the sites of Dublin we wanted to explore the area.

First off, his car was immaculate and the smooth ride made the day feel luxurious. Michael took us to the famous Newgrange passage tombs, Hill of Tara, Trim Castle, and a number of historical sites and ruins. He shared his deep knowledge of the area so that the history came to life at each stop. He also made sure that we saw some of the incredible views and landscape of the Boyne Valley.

Many of the people working in the area - from the restaurants to the historical sites - knew Michael and he easily navigated his way around some of the larger tour groups so that we could quickly get seated for lunch and gain quick entry through some of the lines. He went above and beyond while getting tickets for our first stop, running ahead to make sure we had tickets for the first shuttle up to Newgrange while my mother-in-law, who recently had knee replacement surgery and wasn't able to move as quickly, was able to get to the Visitor's Center at her own pace.

As a guide, Michael was friendly, prompt, and made sure we saw as much as possible without making us feel rushed or exhausted by the end of the day.

Highly recommend.

"dublin airport"
in 4 reviews
"highlight of our trip"

Reviewed September 29, 2016 via mobile

Michael's tour was simply fantastic. I simply couldn't fault the experience. He is a very knowledgeable guide and took me to the most amazing places: I wanted to see Newgrange and Tara but he took me to see Fournocks prehistoric passage tomb, and Trim Castle stopping off at a Sheila Nagig on route and the cadaver tomb in Beaulieu. I would not hesitate to recommend Michael. Great communication before hand, prompt pick up, great tour geared to my interests and a lovely man. I should note I am a solo female traveller and can reassure any lone travelling women who might be nervous of a day trip with a guy: he is lovely, and very respectful

2  Thank ChristinaAMW
Reviewed September 11, 2016 via mobile

Michael was absolutely Fantastic to work with. He was so professional, prompt, kind, informative and the list goes on. Our Boyne valley day trip was spectacular and I learned so much about Ireland and its history. Do not miss doing this tour with Michael. You will not regret it. Everywhere he took us was amazing!
He even tailored the trip for my friend and I and did something special for us. One of the highlights of my trip to Ireland.

1  Thank Elizabeth B
Reviewed September 11, 2016

Don't hesitant to take a tour of the Boyne Valley with Michael Fox. You'll not only see the incredible sights of this region but also get a real sense of what it's like to live there. He's very well informed and willing to tailor the day to your specific interests. I would recommend seeing Newgrange on your own and then touring with Michael the next day. We stayed in Slane, so were able to see the Hill of Slane, Monasterboice, with its high crosses and round tower, Mellifont Abbey, and the Battle of the Boyne field. After grabbing a takeout sandwich in Drogheda, we had lunch at Michael and his wife Bernie's (a talented artist in her own right) lovely home. After lunch,we walked down the road to see a Sheela found in a neighbor's driveway wall, saw their newly refurbished parish church, visited a passage tomb located in a farmer's field (seems they are everywhere in this area!), raised a half pint at O'Connell's pub, and then on to the Hill of Tara. The pacing of the day was just right and we thought the tour was very good value. Highly recommend touring with Michael.

1  Thank cpd01
See more reviews
Reviewed September 10, 2016

My emails with Michael while planning the tour were always promptly returned and very informative. On our tour day we were picked up at our hotel and driven to the Boyne Valley to visit the sights described by other reviewers. Michael is very easy going and knows the in depth history of the Boyne Valley and its sights as he is a long time resident of the Valley. It is truly difficult to stump him, as he can answer just about any question you might have. The sights were beautiful and we learned much about the local history. Michael is willing to tailor the day according to your requests and what you might like your day to focus on. A memorable first day of our week in Ireland!