Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
So near and yet so far...

We had booked with Boyne Valley Tours last year for an upcoming tour in June of 2020 and... read more

Reviewed April 22, 2020
Douglas P
Burlington, Canada
Boyne Valley Tours

I had such a great experience with Michael Fox of Boyne Valley Tours back in 2015, that I reached... read more

Reviewed April 7, 2020

from $44.55
from $46.95
from $60.20
More Info
All reviews michael fox private tour day tour mellifont abbey michael's tour trim castle personal tour dublin hotel thatched roof hired michael own pace celtic crosses an excellent guide back roads historic sites without hesitation my niece
Selected filters
Reviewed September 29, 2016 via mobile

Michael's tour was simply fantastic. I simply couldn't fault the experience. He is a very knowledgeable guide and took me to the most amazing places: I wanted to see Newgrange and Tara but he took me to see Fournocks prehistoric passage tomb, and Trim Castle stopping off at a Sheila Nagig on route and the cadaver tomb in Beaulieu. I would not hesitate to recommend Michael. Great communication before hand, prompt pick up, great tour geared to my interests and a lovely man. I should note I am a solo female traveller and can reassure any lone travelling women who might be nervous of a day trip with a guy: he is lovely, and very respectful

Date of experience: September 2016
2  Thank ChristinaAMW
Reviewed September 11, 2016 via mobile

Michael was absolutely Fantastic to work with. He was so professional, prompt, kind, informative and the list goes on. Our Boyne valley day trip was spectacular and I learned so much about Ireland and its history. Do not miss doing this tour with Michael. You will not regret it. Everywhere he took us was amazing!
He even tailored the trip for my friend and I and did something special for us. One of the highlights of my trip to Ireland.

1  Thank Elizabeth B
Reviewed September 11, 2016

Don't hesitant to take a tour of the Boyne Valley with Michael Fox. You'll not only see the incredible sights of this region but also get a real sense of what it's like to live there. He's very well informed and willing to tailor the day to your specific interests. I would recommend seeing Newgrange on your own and then touring with Michael the next day. We stayed in Slane, so were able to see the Hill of Slane, Monasterboice, with its high crosses and round tower, Mellifont Abbey, and the Battle of the Boyne field. After grabbing a takeout sandwich in Drogheda, we had lunch at Michael and his wife Bernie's (a talented artist in her own right) lovely home. After lunch,we walked down the road to see a Sheela found in a neighbor's driveway wall, saw their newly refurbished parish church, visited a passage tomb located in a farmer's field (seems they are everywhere in this area!), raised a half pint at O'Connell's pub, and then on to the Hill of Tara. The pacing of the day was just right and we thought the tour was very good value. Highly recommend touring with Michael.

1  Thank cpd01
Reviewed September 10, 2016

My emails with Michael while planning the tour were always promptly returned and very informative. On our tour day we were picked up at our hotel and driven to the Boyne Valley to visit the sights described by other reviewers. Michael is very easy going and knows the in depth history of the Boyne Valley and its sights as he is a long time resident of the Valley. It is truly difficult to stump him, as he can answer just about any question you might have. The sights were beautiful and we learned much about the local history. Michael is willing to tailor the day according to your requests and what you might like your day to focus on. A memorable first day of our week in Ireland!

Reviewed August 28, 2016

We had such a wonderful day with Michael...a day that, although packed with great sights, was surprisingly relaxing and well-paced. Michael has a wonderful sense of humor and organized the day so that we did not have to contend with crowds at all. He has a deep knowledge of the beautiful sites of the Boyne Valley and his enthusiasm was certainly contagious. I could not recommend this tour enough. Thanks Michael!