Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Another tour with Boyne Valley Tours

This is the second time that I have had the pleasure of Michael taking us on a tour of the Boyne... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

from $45.10
More Info
from $52.00
More Info
All reviews michael fox private tour day tour his knowledge mellifont abbey boyne valley tour highly recommend michael trim castle historical sites comfortable car safe driver dublin hotel local guide contacted michael passage tomb glowing reviews an excellent guide
Reviewed February 27, 2016

My daughter and I took the Boyne Valley tour with Michael just 3 days ago! His extensive knowledge of the area, especially the megalithic sites was very impressive. We requested him to customize the tour based on our specific interests and he did not hesitate to customize the itinerary without compromising the quality of the tour. The restaurant at the Hills of Tara was packed but we didn't have to wait as he called ahead to make the reservation for our lunch! The Boyne Valley tour by Michael was certainly a great experience.

Date of experience: February 2016
1  Thank Madurai G
Reviewed February 14, 2016

Michael is very knowledgeable, and was able to adjust the tour to what I wanted to see. He was able to discuss aspects of megalithic, Celtic and historical sites, as well as the cultural background of the time. I highly recommend Boyne Valley Tours.

Date of experience: February 2016
1  Thank Msle0250
Reviewed January 11, 2016

I told Michael I'd done a lot of reading about archeological sites in the Boyne Valley and that I wanted to see as many as possible in the two afternoons I had available around a December solstice visit to Newgrange. He picked up on my enthusiasm and never flagged, generously giving me far more than my money's worth. Informed, congenial, interested as well as interesting, a native and a lifelong resident Michael is an ideal guide around County Meath and environs. I'd go with him again without hesitation.

Date of experience: December 2015
2  Thank JONCUSA
Reviewed December 2, 2015

Michael took myself, my brother, and 2 nephews on a fun filled day of visiting the Boyne Valley. His knowledge of all the sites was an unexpected treat. We really enjoyed the personal time with and ourselves. Really enjoyed Hill of Tara and how he guided us through time and explained how the Procession probably occurred many many years ago. My nephews liked the ability to explore the sites and openly ask questions. Even during the drive to and from the sites was an adventure.
Excellent Trip. Highly recommend. Lunch was really good too.

Date of experience: November 2015
1  Thank Ruth Ella G
Reviewed November 11, 2015 via mobile

Such a great tour and the tour guides are brilliant. Went to Newgrange and Knowth. Such an interesting thing to see. The tour is long so it's great for a day out and such great value. Would highly recommend it

Date of experience: October 2015