“Charm personified, nothing was too much trouble” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Boyne Valley Day Tours

Boyne Valley Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 11 Tours in County Meath
More attraction details
Owner description: Personalised Day Tours of the Boyne Valley, County Meath, rich in heritage and history. Visit the heritage capital of Ireland as your personal driver brings you from one location to the other to stroll around at your ease. Take a suggested tour or design your own. Since your tour is personalised, you will be picked up from your accommodation in the Meath / Dublin area.
IRONBRIDGE SHROPSHIRE
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Charm personified, nothing was too much trouble”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

We had very specific reasons for visiting the Boyne Valley and limited time to see some of the more remote sites in a single day visit. Michael was superb in exceeding our aspirations, our detailed questions and great company to spend the day with. We spent a fascinating 11 hours with him, and even tasted the delicious cakes of his charming daughter. I work in heritage management and have trained professional tour guides and archaeologists and was delighted with the high quality of Michael's tour, with real attention to detail, and a personal service delivered with genuine insight and humour. First class. Given that we travelled in biting cold weather our day was a huge success, with just the right place for a delicious lunch. We covered so much, it felt like we had spent a week in Michael's good company. Far better than a cheap coach trip, you will gain so much more and travel in a very comfortable car. I would say there is huge added value in spending a day with Michael, not matter what your needs. Marion and Mike

Visited March 2013
2 Thank COALBROOKDALE

San Antonio, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best tour from a world traveler!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I travel the world for business and get to spend a few extra days touring the local sites. I must admit, the tour with Michael is at the top of the list for favorite tours. My wife went with me on this trip to Ireland and surprised me with this tour she arranged. We had the best day!! We went all over Boyne valley and visited three times more sites than if we went on a tour bus. This alone made it worth while! We also made an extra stop by the beach when we found out we were five minutes from it. (We collect sand from around the world) We were in winter clothes but collected our sand and Michael was there to take a picture of us frozen on the beach. LOL!! When I say this is the best tour i've been on... I mean it. and I've been on safaris, Harley excursions, and been on trips around the world. If you go to Ireland you have to try and get Michael to show you around if he is available! You will definately have the best tourist guide in Ireland! ~Tom

Visited February 2013
Bloomington, Indiana
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Perfect way to experience Boyne Valley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Michael Fox made our day in the Boyne Valley extra special. He picked us up at our hotel in a gleaming black Audi and spent the next 10.5 hours focused solely on the desires of my wife and me. He asked us what kinds of things we were interested in and what we wanted to see. He knew the ins and outs of all the places we visited - what time would be best to be at each site, what order to see them in, when to get in line, what line to get in, what to see when we were in the site. It was just like if you knew someone personally who was knowledgeable and lived in the area and they offered to spend the day showing you the sights. Michael was easy to talk to and there were never any awkward silences. I felt like we knew Michael as an old friend. This kind of tour is pricey compared to other "economy" tours, and I know not everyone will be able to afford it. We know we were fortunate to be able to enjoy this kind of personalized experience. For those who are able to make the choice to take advantage of this kind of personalized tour what you really want to know is do you get you money's worth? I can unequivocally say yes from my perspective and experience.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank MJM0327
Bellaire, Texas, United States
“Michael Fox is a great guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

Michael Fox provided my wife and I with an excellent day tour of the Boyne Valley. We left Dublin early in the morning and by the end of the day had seen the entire valley with excellent conversation the entire day. Great Irish stew and lunch at Slane Castle. Met Michael's priest and had a great discussion with him. Learned so much. A beautiful area not to be missed. Cannot go wrong with Michael Fox!

Visited July 2012
Boise, Idaho
“Best Boyne Valley Private Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

We recently went to Ireland and booked a one day tour with Michael for the Boyne Valley. Michael picked us up at 5:45 a.m. so we could see the equinox illumination at the Loughcrew Cairn T. We were quite fortunate with the weather and it was an amazing experience. Michael also walked us around the site and provided many interesting details. I don't think it would have been possible to even get to this site without Michael unless you were visiting someone in that area who knew of it and took you there. Michael is extremely knowledgeable about the entire Boyne Valley area and provided many informative details as we drove along. We also got to see Newgrange, Hill of Tara and Four Knocks. Michael was even able to find a particular holy well that was near the birthplace of my great great great great grandfather based on the description in a book I brought along (there are thousands of holy wells in Ireland!). Michael was a great guide and was also very sensitive to arranging the schedule based on our interests. Thank you Michael for a wonderful experience.

Visited September 2012