“Excellent Boyne Valley Tour” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Boyne Valley Day Tours

Boyne Valley Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 11 Tours in County Meath
More attraction details
Owner description: Personalised Day Tours of the Boyne Valley, County Meath, rich in heritage and history. Visit the heritage capital of Ireland as your personal driver brings you from one location to the other to stroll around at your ease. Take a suggested tour or design your own. Since your tour is personalised, you will be picked up from your accommodation in the Meath / Dublin area.
Miami Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent Boyne Valley Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I were visiting Ireland with a cruiseship and decided to book a private day tour with Michael for the Boyne Valley. We were interested mostly in the archaeological sites of Newgrange and sorts but Michael suggested a more comprehensive tour of the area. I don't know how we did it in one day but we covered much more sites that we thought we could and from different time periods which gave us a more thorough idea of the Boyne Valley, we even stopped by the most famous pub in the area!

All this was only possible thanks to Michael's recommendations and ample knowledge of the history and traditions of the Boyne Valley from the Stone Age sites like Newgrange and other passage tombs, to the most important celtic sites like the Hill of Tara or the hill were St. Patrick proclamed christianity for the Irish people. Michael was always ready to accomodate us, flexible and not pushy at all, he even took us to visit his house where I walked the labyrinth in his garden! He was at the port right on time to pick us up and get back to the ship with plenty of time before departing. What else could we have asked for? The perfect day tour for one of the most amazing places in Ireland.
DS

Visited September 2012
3 Thank D S

Gillette, Wyoming
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“A great way to see the Boyne valley.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

My wife and I booked a day trip with Michael and I'm so glad we did. There's no way we could've seen it all on our own. Even if we could, it wouldn't be near as good with out Micheals vast knowledge of the area. He made sure we weren't waiting in line any where we went. I would highly recommend the day tour. ( and he has a really nice car )

2 Thank NvrHome180
Phoenix, Arizona
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 226 helpful votes
“Wonderful Customized Tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We had just one day to see the sights in Boyne Valley and chose Boyne Valley Tours. Although we had a few must-sees on our list we were open to suggestions and Michael had wonderful recommendations based on our interests. We first headed over to Newgrange to make sure we had a place on a tour. Michael waited while we took the tour then he carefully calculated where to go throughout the day so we could see as much as possible in our allotted time. My sister and I are photo enthusiasts and he happily stopped and waited at any photo opportunity we wished to have, even honoring requests to pull off on the side of the road when we saw something of interest. He took us to a great deli for lunch to purchase sandwiches before taking us to his lovely home to enjoy a leisurely meal and meet his wife. He was extremely knowledgeable about the entire area and took us to see sites we never would have known about or been able to find otherwise. We crammed more into one day than we ever thought possible (our choice) and he basically said we could stay out as long as we wanted to, the day was ours. All in all, it is a perfect way to see the Boyne Valley and customize your tour however you want to. I highly recommend Boyne Valley Tours!

2 Thank BLBTraveler
Panhandle, TX
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Everything I asked for, and more!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

I had a very specific list of prehistoric passage graves in Co. Meath that I wanted to visit, and only one-half day to do it in. These were sites that are not on the bus tour circuit (e.g., Newgrange, Knowth), but just as impressive and archaeologically important: Loughcrew, Dowth, Fourknocks. With good planning and good driving, Michael and I did indeed visit all three of these sites. While my particular interest was in prehistoric sites, Michael could not resist, and I did not object, to his stopping at several historic sites as we traveling all over the county. These included Slane Castle, the High Crosses in Kells, and Bective Abbey. Michael collected me at the Dublin Airport at 12:00 noon and deposited me at my hotel in Trim at 8:00 pm as the sun was setting. My half-day with Michael!

1 Thank Paul K
Naperville, Illinois, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The Best Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

My family and I hired Michael to take us around for a private tour and we were nothing less than thrilled. First we visited Newgrange, getting there early on Michael's recommendation, and managed to miss both the huge tour groups as well as the light showers that started shortly after we left the site. While in the car, Michael told us about local legends such as how the Boyne River started to flow and showed us a plethora of interesting sites that we never would have found otherwise. He was a perfect gentleman and even carried an umbrella for my mother when the sporadic showers hit. He was also able to keep us well informed on the history of each site and was a splendid tour guide, whether he was explaining the High Crosses at Monasterboice or telling us about the history of Battle of the Boyne he was always very well informed. Even when one of our members was feeling a little ill, Michael was very courteous and did his best to ensure her comfort. His sense of humor kept us on our toes as we moved from place to place and I really can't think of any way he could have improved the day. If you are going to the Boyne Valley, then you need to hire Boyne Valley Private Day Tours, you won't regret it!

Visited July 2012