“Mmm - seafood chowder.”

The Creel Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 88 Restaurants in Westport
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Welcoming & informal daytime restaurant and coffee house on Westport's picturesque Quay. We offer hot meals daily from our specials board including fresh fish, Savoury Tarts and Hotpots to name a few. We serve specialty coffees based on Greenbean's craft roasted beans and are famous for or freshly home baked cakes & desserts. We pride ourselves on making all our dishes in house from scratch using only the freshest local ingredients!
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Mmm - seafood chowder.”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Popped in here on a Saturday lunch time after arriving early in Westport. We didn't want a large meal, just something to tide us over before we went for a walk. I had the seafood chowder and my partner had the thai chicken soup. Both were served with the local home-made brown bread which was lovely for dipping. Felt very full afterwards, the seafood chowder was delicious.

Visited March 2013

Westport, Ireland
“Very enjoyable”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I recently went to the Creel on the Quay for morning coffee - a break in the middle of a photo shoot. I was very pleased with the food, the prices and the service. They recently closed their Cafe in town which was a huge disappointment to me as it was a wonderful place to go. The food was great and the staff were very friendly and really knew the meaning of making one feel at home.

Visited November 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“Great place, lovely breakfast and top notch coffee!!”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We were staying in a hotel down the road but preferred to come here for breakfast. The staff are very friendly and food was excellent. There's also a nice atmosphere and great view by the window. I recommend the irish fry and a black coffee :)

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Dave M
Western Ireland, Ireland
“Fab fresh food and homemade desserts!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Myself and 3 friends went here for tea/coffee and cake! They had a beautiful selection of homemade cakes and desserts! I would recommend sharing as I couldn't finish mine it was so big! Yummy food though! I've had lunch here before and it's fab for food especially veggie food as us Irish veggies know is very hard to find! Defo recommend this lovely café for food though! The only negative thing is that I got charged €1 for ice-cream with my dessert....very disappointing!

• Visited October 2012
Coventry
“Lovely breakfast”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Love The Creel - so relaxed and great service. Scrambled eggs were lovely and they kept coming with the toast. Great to know I can bring guests and be guaranteed they will be fed and happy

Visited September 2012