“Great find” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“Great find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

When my wife and I couldn't get into a restaurant round the corner we stumbled across Chellys Cafe. It said it was a wine and tapas bar which wouldn't have been my first choice but my wife was adimant. Well I am very glad we found it now. Nice atmosphere, friendly staff and most of all great food. Will definitely be returning on our next trip.

2 Thank Joe D

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014

Tapas would not be my first choice of food but by god this was brilliant. We went in on my wife's suggestion with my two young daughters. The food was superb, with more flavour than anything I've eaten in Ireland before, normally the food here is good and honest but dull. I loved these dishes.

The restaurant is slightly off the High Street and appeared popular with the locals and the atmosphere was very friendly and laid back. What an excellent find by my wife and we will certainly be returning if we can get a table.

A absolute treat.

Visited August 2014
“Jewel of Westport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014

Worth the effort of finding this tapas/wine bar (ally down side if cosy Joe) the ambiance and the meatballs are both Amazing

1 Thank plumbertimmy
“Little gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014

Stumbled on Chelly's last night. The food was excellent, freshly cooked and packed with flavour. The staff are friendly and efficient. The cafe was spotless and we had a lovely night, thank you.

1 Thank Toukal
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A real taste of Spain in Westport!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

On a fabulous evening out in Westport my friends and I had heard of a tapas bar just off the Main Street in Westport. We had nearly walked past when we heard the Spanish music playing. We were greeted by one of the owners Pete, and after a warm welcome and a good laugh he brought to us a fabulous platter of humus, olives and breads, and a lovely bottle of wine. We tried a selection of there traditional Spanish dishes and really enjoyed there chilled out atmosphere. This is one not to be missed if your out for a few lite bites or for a feed!

1 Thank Therascalrambler