“Excellent Hotel - very relaxing stay”

Westport Plaza Hotel
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Westport
Reviewed August 12, 2010

Stayed in this hotel for a few days in July and had a very relaxing break. The staff were very friendly and all our needs were catered for. We had dinner two nights in the restuarant and they were top class. A great place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Westport Plaza Hotel

Reviewed August 4, 2010

We were amazed at the hospitality and warm welcome we received from the hotel staff. We would recommend having dinner at the hotel, the staff make you feel at home. A special mention to Joshua, Aga and Alex who served us dinner on the Sunday night.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2010

I'm trying hard to find something negative to say so i have 2 comments [1] It is the perfect base to use but in my case 2 days was too short.[2]People who know me will laugh at the next comment but i found some item's at breakfast too salty [mushrooms],i will put salt on salt.The price of drink was a pleasent surprise in both hotels considering the facilities and music that was on offer.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2010

Had the pleasure of spending a short stay in the Westport plaza with my family. On arrival a very nice lady in reception efficiently booked us in. Room was not overly large but well appointed, clean and fresh, Clean bathroom with plenty of towels. Large TV (vital for kids!!) internet access , comfortable beds. Room service for breakfast was very good, nice selections of food and delivered on time. Checkout was efficient and courtious and it was a very pleasent experience. On leaving I left a jacket in the room. Didn't miss it until I got home to Kerry, and did not expect to see it again. 3 weeks later I was in Westport and popped in to the Westport Plaza to enquire if by any chanec it had been found. A very helpfull lady in reception ( Mary -I think was her name ) took my details and said she would contact me next morning if anything was found by housekeeping. Next morning I received a call, my jacket was packaged in reception ready for collection. That was incredible service and the staff deserve high praise for their help. Kevin

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2010

I stayed in the Westport Plaza last year with my husband and we were happy overall with the experience - so when my mum, sister and I decided a few weeks ago to book a saturday night in this hotel in August, I was not too impressed to be told that you could not book one night - you had to book two nights together!! Now that didn't suit us as we all have family commitments.
So basically they refused my booking - now personally I don't think that is acceptable - it is just plain greedy.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MaggsGalway
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Just had our wedding reception at the Westport Plaza.
Everything from start to finish was absolutely perfect and all our guests were treated like royalty and are now rightly raving about the genuinely friendly service , the food ,and the luxurious rooms. This hotel has the nicest staff that we have ever seen anywhere in all of our travels worldwide and deserve this recognition.
We do not normally bother with reviews but we are compelled to tell the world about this special place. We thank you so much and made it our business to find out names of the team involved so here we go: Vinny Kelly , Julie McNamara, Xavier Blondel , Fergal O Neill ,Fiona Gannon , Sinead Conway, Alison Cosgrove, Ger Murphy ,Geraldine O Dea, Maura, Nicola , Kasia, Mary , Joe , Anne, Charles , Josh, Alex, Luba, Maria, Declan , Martin Keane, Grainne, Tomas and Dimitri and many more.
This place is the real deal and does more than what it says on the tin.
Thank you all so much and we look forward to coming back soon. Bernie and John.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2010

My husband and I like to take advantage of the great value golden years breaks in hotels all over Ireland but I have to say since trying the Plaza some years ago we find ourselves drawn back to it time and time again. In fact we are heading back again shortly for what must be our tenth time that speaks for itself. Its rarely you can honestly say everything is 100% in any hotel but we really have to with Westport Plaza.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple