“FAMILY FRIENDLY HOTEL”

Westport Plaza Hotel
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Westport
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Stayed in this very good hotel on family holiday in Westport. The hotel is nicely situated in the town and very pleasantly decorated. We had two rooms both identical even though one was a gold room and the other a standard room. It isnt clear from the website what the difference is, so I dont think it is worth paying extra for the wine, water and choc on first night. The standard room actually had a far better view of the roof garden, although it was very noisey one night as it was over the bar or disco. The standard of food for dinner was exceptional for a hotel which made it all the more surprising at how bad breakfast was. The only bread on offer was white toast or an unusual brown bread that I wasnt sure was the gluten free option or not. The cooked options were very limited and overall not very exciting. Apart from breakfast I would recommend this as a very good place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank holidayperson019
Write a ReviewReviews (2,127)

Reviewed August 31, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night for our anniversary - it is a lovely hotel and our room on 3rd floor was lovely and we were impressed. We had booked spa treatments and both had lovely massages and great staff.

Only grumble was breakfast - the staff just didnt seem able to cope with a crowd of people - there were no eggs, yoghurt, pastries etc left - the waiters were busy walking about but would not come near the actual food part - so people were standing waiting on food to be topped up - eventually we just gave up and ate what we had!! Also had to spend 10 minutes trying to catch the eye of a waiter to try and get some coffee/tea - the breakfast was the only thing let the standard of this hotel drop and why I have given it a lower rating...Jury's in Galway which we stayed in the night before had a far better selection and reacted immediately when there were empty dishes!

Reviewed August 28, 2012

After the last time I was here I was dying to go back again, this hotel really provides all excellent standard all around. This time a upgraded to the silver experience as I wanted a room with a balcony and robes! My partner and I stayed for 3 nights B&B and 2 evening dinners and also an hour each in the thermal suites and a massage each to. The entire 3 days was absolutely brilliant, the food in the bar was really good, we had it delivered up to the room. The spa was very relaxing and the staff were very friendly. Just the other day I actually booked the same trip again in November so I cant wait to be back again!

Room Tip: If our going to get the silver or gold experience request the room to be over looking the roof top g...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gordon_Ramsey_1
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We just stayed one night at the Westport Plaza and it was great. The room was large and comfortable with a very large and modern bathroom. We did have some large stains on the carpet near the windows otherwise everything else was nice and clean.The staff was friendly and helpful. I read a review about the hotel last night while we were there. The person complained that their room on the courtyard was loud. We also had a room on the courtyard and had no problems. There was even a wall mounted note from the hotel next to the air conditioner control advising us to close windows at night and use the air conditioner to avoid the noise outside.we did and had no issues. There was also a note as you got off the elevator asking people to be quiet after.8 PM because there are people trying to rest. Our room was right off the elevator and we had no problem with Noise. The location is great just a short walk to town.

1  Thank 52ellen52
Reviewed August 28, 2012

my husband and i stayed here from 24th-26th august for the second time first in 2009 anyway on arrival i was given a free room upgrade to a balcony room looking out over the garden which we had before and was lovely, rooms as usual were lovely decor bed super comfy and tea coffe kettle etc bathroom amazing jacuzzi bath and seperate double shower all modern great, we stayed on a 2 night dinner deal so had dinner the first night which was outstanding they really do have brilliant chefs my huband had belly of pork starter and i had smoked salmon both had sea bass main presented beautifully and tasted the same i was so stuffed we didnt stay for dessert but they look devine, we had a drink in the castlecourt after dinner before heading pout again ive stayed here to but prefer the plaza as i prefer modern decor their bar is busy and good craic.

the breakfast is buffet with tea,coffee and you toast brought out from kitchen not once did it feel overcrowded but i went at 8-30 am both mornings and again was ok but im not a breakfast person.

we had lunch in hotel bar which i has crab claws my hubby seafood chowder again really really lovely.

the staff here are unbeliveble from start to finish and i will never stay anywhere else when im in westport i will never stay anywhere else i love this hotel and it deserves every star it gets if it were up to me it would have 5 lol

Room Tip: we were in 520 which looked out to the wee garden no noise heard at all
1  Thank dani2916
Reviewed August 28, 2012

A group of friends stayed here in August and we booked a special dinner in the restaurant. There was 12 of us altogether.

Hotel was top class - rooms were great, service was really good and food was excellent. (Special mention to Alex in the restaurant - she was so pleasant and attentive)

Highly recommend this hotel - we will all be back!!!

Room Tip: Rooms with a balcony are really good. Upgrade to gold for the extra touch - it's worth it
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 25, 2012

A few girlfriends and I spent the weekend at the Westport Plaza recently, and from start to finish we enjoyed our time immensly.

The staff were wonderful - warm and helpful - management, reception, housekeeping staff, restaurant waiters / waitresses, spa staff... we felt so well taken care of. John was a huge help to us setting up a conference room and sorting the projector and screen, thanks so much.

Rooms were spotless. Decor was really classy, everything I'd expect from a plaza. Two of the bedrooms had small balconies, two others did not have balconies but had couches and small coffee tables. Beds were incredibly comfortable. Didn't get a chance to test out the jacuzzi bathtub, but I certainly will next time!

Food was very good - breakfast was a hot and cold buffet, good selection, and open until 11am. Dinner in particular was excellent - the choice, presentation, attentive service, atmosphere.... I'd say one of the best dining experiences I have had in Ireland (and I've been living here 13 years!)

Spa was excellent, the thermal suite was small but well apportioned with foot scrub area, sauna, steam room, 2 different showers, ice scrub, outdoor hot tub, and mini relaxation room. The treatment I had (back neck shoulder massage and mini facial) was FANTASTIC, thanks Katie my therapist, she got knots out of my back that have been there for weeks! The relaxation room had large round beds piled high with pillows, and plenty of magazines. I could've stayed there all day.

Parking was handy, in an underground car park directly below the hotel. And location of the hotel was perfect, right in the middle of town, and ideal for our saturday stroll, wandering and window shopping.

Looking forward to a return visit!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends