“barfood”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Westport
dublin
“barfood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

i visited the plaza bar for lunch as i was a guest staying in the hotel the whole experience of the hotel was magnificent but there i had lunch it was good but i had a small issue with my starter so i approached the waitress by the name graine, my god i was so taken back by her attitude and rudeness and unprofessional manner! i explained my problem very nicely, but she just grabbed the starter never said can i offer you anything else or apologized to me, straight away i got annoyed! on her return she just slammed it on the table and walked of, i was furious, my husband asked me just to leave it as everything else in the hotel was fantastic, i really was upset by this and as you have a great hotel i do think this is something that needs to be addressed as with that experience i would not be rushing back.

Room Tip: the room we had was stunning and very friendly reception staff
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank katie w
JohnClesham, Manager at Westport Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
Dear Katie

I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your experience in the Plaza bar. I assure you that there was no intention to cause any upset to you during your visit and that this would not be a reflection of a normal Plaza bar experience. The vast majority of feedback from our bar customers is very good.
I will certainly take your comments on board and will discuss them with the team as part of our process of continuous improvement.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the rest of your stay and hope that in time you would consider returning in which case I invite you to contact me personally in advance beforehand.

yours sincerely

John Clesham gm@westportplaza.ie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

We arrived at the Westport Plaza at noon on a Sunday looking for a room! We had just left the hotel we were due to stay Sunday night in and turned up looking depressed in the Plaza. The girl on reception was brilliant, she checked us into a lovely room and made an appointment for us in the spa!

The hotel is gorgeous. Our room was very large with a lovely marble bathroom, seperate shower and jacuzzi bath.

We went to the spa and spent a relaxing hour in the thermal suite which includes an outdoor hot tub.

We didn't eat in the hotel as we went to An Port Mor, a favorite restaurant of ours.

I could not recommend the Plaza more. We will definitely be back to stay as soon as we can.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Daventry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2011

I stayed here on business and, although I wasn't picking up the bill, it certainly seemed to be great value for money and I wouldn't have any problems paying myself.

The location is only a few minutes walk from the main pubs and restaurants of Westport, although there is a choice of the bar or restaurant if you want to eat in, depending on your budget. We ate in the bar on one of the evenings and the food was excellent and good value.

The rooms are large and spacious with free broadband (although I would have preferred wifi which was only available in the lobby area), jacuzzi bath and large shower in the standard rooms.

Breakfast was first rate and I have been informed by my work colleagues that the self service Irish breakfast was delicious.

Staff were friendly and helpful at all times and service couldn't be faulted. I had a room at the back of the hotel which was quiet allowing a fantastic night's sleep.

All in all, there is nothing I can find to fault about the hotel and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

Booked room on the spot when driving through Westport and deciding to stay the night. Room was updated, clean and very nicely appointed, even with a functioning balcony. Bathroom was very spacious with a large walk in shower and separate jacuzzi tub.

Dinner in the hotel lounge was also very nice and relaxed. Food was excellent (try the warm banana pudding!).

Overall a lovely stay, would have enjoyed booking a second and third night here if time permitted! Definitely recommended.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

We stayed at The Plaza as a family in adjoining rooms for last year's Autumn break. We have stayed in so many unwelcoming hotels, that the Plaza stood out for us. From our very first moment in Reception, we were greeted and had a chat with a friendly staff member, who asked if we needed help with our bags and had a chat with us. The rooms were lovely and spacious with warm contemporary decor. The only negative was that there was a power failure on one evening and we were told that the hotel had no back-up generator, so many guests were re-directed to their sister hotel The Castlecourt for dinner. While this wasn't a problem for us, it might have been for people with young children or the elderly, as it happened in the evening and was dark. Of course, as ever, staff dealt with everyone in a courteous and caring manner, so we will be returning in the next couple of weeks and judging by other recent reviews, nothing has changed, it's still a fantastic hotel. We're soooooo looking forward to it!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Maria L
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

I'm livng close to Westport so I get to use the spa as often as I can..Love it ive been to lots of different spas but this by far is amazing...Staff are great and do an amazing job - treatments are always 100% +

Would suggest if you have some free time to visit this spa...do :)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank mags2012
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2011

I stay in hotels all over Ireland and
Europe on business the only one I look forward to returning to is the plaza the hotel,location,and staff are
5 star if you want the best you found it