“Traditional Irish Pub”
Review of M.J. Hobans

M.J. Hobans
Ranked #2 of 20 Nightlife in Westport
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

If you really want to live a traditional Irish pub, you have to go to Hobans.
I've been there three time and I've always have an excellent experience.
It's a beautiful traditional pub where some families play Irish music at night while everybody is seated around them enjoying a good drink. You can really feel the real Irish essence.
There are to main rooms, bathrooms and a little terrace in the back for smokers.
You can also play the piano that is on the bottom room if there aren't musicians playing music.
Good music, good beer, good prices, beautiful place, excellent staff.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Skip Molloys and head.straight to Hobans....fabulous bar staff, great craic and fabulous Irish sessions in all of Westport!!!

3  Thank Dunmaynor12
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We spent three days in Westport and visited Hobans each day (sometimes twice a day!). We found the atmosphere to be authentic - warm, friendly, and inviting. The bartenders were superb - asking us questions about our lives in the US, inquiring about our cocktails, etc. We attended one of their music sessions and it was just outstanding. I can't say enough good things about Hobans and their wonderful staff. Go there.

2  Thank Paula B
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Best barman I've met in quite a while was here in Hoban's this week. He was friendly and efficient, chatty and sincere all rolled into one. Pub has a strange layout as if it was two buildings that became one without knocking all the walls! Floor reminded me of a 1950s hospital, that green fleck with a border that went up the walls, but it all added to the feel of the place.
Traditional music was being played each night and with that two pints for less that €10; it was great!

Shame we're so far away - a great place

2  Thank m-luck
Reviewed July 2, 2014

This was my favorite spot in Westport. The music was food for the soul!!! The staff and patrons treated me and my friends very well.Terese, Niell and Philomena poured great pints . The musicians could not have been better, upon returning night after night a fiddler and his guitarist ended up playing a version of Charlie on the MBTA for us and the whole pub was singing along by the end. Being from Boston they suprised us with this and it just goes to show the hospitality they pride themselves on. Cheers!!!!!!

3  Thank Mark M