“We're going back if we can!”

St Anthony's Riverside Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 70 Westport B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 5, 2012

My wife and I spent a few days here last August, and it is in our memory so well that we plan to go back for our silver anniversary this June, IF we can arrange a room as there seems to be some event on our weekend. We would probably even take alternative dates instead of our actual anniversary as we just know it'll be good at St. Anthony's.

We stayed in the Kilkelly room, and found the staff very accommodating and helpful over booking, choosing a room, during our stay, my wife's gluten-free diet and info on local places and restaurants to visit. All the staff are very friendly and as good as we'd expect from the west of Ireland... and more! We chose to avoid the cheaper B&Bs but not pay hotel prices. VERY happy with value for money as reviews of some other cheaper establishments are mixed, generally. Well worth the price, and maybe even better than some hotels with the 'family' atmosphere in the place.

The room was just as spacious and clean as any standard hotel. Breakfast was just superb and all-encompassing, every morning with huge choice. Very close to the town centre - we only had a brief walk to any of the bars or restaurants while our car remained in the private locked yard.

Really hope we can get in a second time :-)

Room Tip: All rooms have different qualities. Look on website, or ring and ask - very informative and accommod...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tim_Higgins
There are newer reviews for St Anthony's Riverside Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed March 1, 2012

We stayed here on a stag weekend, the week after I had a horrible experience at another westport b&b, not to worry, this b&b was lovley. The rooms were nice and clean. The breakfast was delicious. The staff were really friendly and chatty. Overall I would stay here again as we had an enjoyable stay. The b&b is only a 2 minute walk from the main street.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Cmac13
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I spent the weekend at St.Anthony's and had an absolutely great time. The owner of the B&B couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. Full of tips on what to do around town and nice walks to go on. The rooms were beatuifully decorated, and very comfortable. The showers are especially worth mentioning. Great water pressure and loads of hot water! The only place i'd stay in Westport now that I've discovered this gem!

1  Thank katelaffan
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Excellent service, friendly atmosphere, secure parking, lovely rooms, GREAT location can walk to the main street in 3 minutes! Fantastic staff, can't rate this place highly enough it provided the perfect weekend break!

2  Thank Caoimhe O
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Just back from an incredible stay at St. Anthony's River Side! I had been there before a few times but since it has been completely done up to perfection!! The location is perfect, only minutes walk to the centre of the town!! has ample off street parking also!! Already looking forward to my next visit! Paul the host was very accommodating and was happy to offer advise on activities and local amenities.

1  Thank katie26c
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Wow, the women who run this B&B are so amazingly hospitable. There were a number of us staying at this hotel as we all attended a wedding at the local Castlecourt hotel (minutes walk away).
To cut a long story short, a member of our group had a fall in the night (yes, he'd had a few too many!) and we needed to call an ambulance. Despite 3/4 of the group being from Irish families we couldn't remember the emergency number to call and I was forced to call the B&B phone to wake the owner for her help. They were unreal, even offering to drive us to the hospital with our friend. While one of us went with the injured member, most of us went back to bed to try and get some sleep - and I went back to his room to try and clean up - we'd used towels to stem the bleeding from the wound - the owner came up and despite being queasy around blood sent me to bed and said we'd deal with it the next day. When i went downstairs at 7am (accident had happened at 2.30am) they were up and waiting for me, and they had taken it upon themselves to call the hospital and check up on our friend. When I turned down a sit down breakfast in favour of heading to the hospital to relieve my boyfriend who had gone to the hospital with the injured friend - they made me a packed brunch.
Where else would you find such kind, caring and compassionate strangers?
On the B&B itself, I've already said it was well located for our needs, just there when you come into Westport and very near the Castecourt hotel, but to be honest Westport isn't a large place and it doesn't take long to walk into town. The rooms that I saw (4) are all large, well equipped and very comfortable.There's off street parking too.

With all the drama of our friend's fall, I managed to leave with our room key and some relatives thankfully returned it for us, over a week later when they were back in Ireland. Somehow the owners only had kind things to say about us even though we'd disturbed their sleep and our friend managed to bleed all over one of their towels( for which they wouldn't take payment for).

In case you hadn't realised from my essay, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this B&B and I would love to stay there again, if they'd have us.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank BorisBex
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Just got back from there yesterday, what a great place to stay, we were in a party of four we all loved the place, great food and scones for breakfask, what more could you ask for, we are planning a return trip, the staff are excellant, excellent customer service, warm and freindly, location is great, secure parking, great value for the area, the only downside is that we could not have stayed longer.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family