“Couldn't Have Been Better”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Westport
The Boulevard Guesthouse
Ranked #5 of 70 Westport B&B and Inns
Michigan
“Couldn't Have Been Better”
Reviewed June 15, 2007

We just arrived back home after a week long self-directed tour of northwest Ireland. Our stay at the Boulevard Guest House was very enjoyable. Sadie and Noreen were a pleasure, especially Noreen, who has an interest in American police adventures. We found the House very clean and ideally located to explore Westport and the surrounding area. Sadie directed us to Achill Island for a day trip and she was right on target. If you stay here be sure to see the courtyard out back, where your fresh eggs some from in the morning and so beautiful. You can't go wrong with Westport or this Guest House.

• Liked — The location; the people
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
24 Thank OntheRoadAgain55

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Everson
Reviewed May 26, 2007

Too bad there is only a five to score this wonderful place. It is my second stay there.First stay Feb.05. Did a lot of traveling in Ireland this time and no hosts compare to Sadie,John and Noreen.Ireland is all about the wonderful,loving and friendly people and Sadie,John and Noreen are the best example of Irish hospitality you will find. I felt I had returned to my Irish home on this second trip. I had a minor medical problem while there and in no time Sadie had me an appointment with her doctor.( a woman). So helpful. Terrific breakfast and the best brown bread.
If you have a sense of humor,love music(always Irish music at breakfast)and want to learn about all the wonderful places to see that may not be in your guide books,this is the place. My friend and I were treated like members of their family,not as B.&B guests. The accomodations are lovely. A great home,just a short walk to all of wonderful Westport and nice walk to the harbor. Westport has everything anyone could want, from movies to the best of Irish music.Our room overlooked the river that runs through town. There's a beautiful sun room with skylights overlooking a small garden and loads of books and magazines.Once I recover from jet lag I will be planning my next trip.Consider flying into Knock. If you are looking for the cream of the crop,Boulevard Guest House with its wonderful hosts is the place to stay. Bellingham,Wa.

Stayed May 2007
33 Thank nearlyIrish
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed May 24, 2007

My stay in early May was so cozy and friendly. Breakfasts exceptional! Sadie even ran to store to get me brown sugar for my porridge!! Sadie, John and Noreen are full of fun, they made the area come to life for me! Tea upon arrival; lots of books and magazines to read; location within easy walking distance from downtown Westport (I am 73 with a bad back; I do not exagerate about "easy walking"!). Everything exceptionally clean and neat, even pressed sheets. Easy, free parking on the Boulevard. I will definitely stay at the Guesthouse again: the red door with more than friendly faces behind it!

• Liked — The Hosts
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends